PDA

View Full Version : vectra C engine shudder/noise

UnKnOwN
19th June 2007, 07:23 PM
hi all... me again with a whole new problem lol

a few days ago my vectra started to shudder rather violently when i stopped at the lights....(the kind of shudder that u'd get in an old diesel car)
later that night i tried it again and it was running normally so i thought that was all right now.... but the next afternoon it started doing it again... and stopped at night lol
today i took it to the dealer where i got it from and they couldnt work it out coz it wouldnt do it when they wanted to... and when it finally did they said that the computer couldnt detect anything and are now wanting to hand it over to holden to check out....
anyone else have had this problem with a vectra C(mine is a 03) the weird thing is it does it in the afternoon/evening and not at night/morning lol...
=.=

Tfer
20th June 2007, 01:04 PM
V6 or 4 cylinder? :confused:

UnKnOwN
20th June 2007, 03:38 PM
2.2 4 cylinder

bornwild
20th June 2007, 04:05 PM
you have one moody Vectra.....:D

one2have
20th June 2007, 07:41 PM
hi all... me again with a whole new problem lol

a few days ago my vectra started to shudder rather violently when i stopped at the lights....(the kind of shudder that u'd get in an old diesel car)
later that night i tried it again and it was running normally so i thought that was all right now.... but the next afternoon it started doing it again... and stopped at night lol
today i took it to the dealer where i got it from and they couldnt work it out coz it wouldnt do it when they wanted to... and when it finally did they said that the computer couldnt detect anything and are now wanting to hand it over to holden to check out....
anyone else have had this problem with a vectra C(mine is a 03) the weird thing is it does it in the afternoon/evening and not at night/morning lol...
=.=

Did your engine light come on? It may be that the Veccy didn't like the fuel. The Vec C's are known to be quite sensitive to bad fuel - or moisture in the fuel. Try refilling with some high octane stuff and see what happens.

digifish
20th June 2007, 08:13 PM
a few days ago my vectra started to shudder rather violently when i stopped at the lights

Guesses...

Faulty sensor (Air temp. Water temp. Oxygen)...if it gives the wrong value the ECU won't necessarily detect it as a fault...but then again the engine should be running rich or lean so it should show up there.

Blocked/sticky EGR valve?

Vacuum leaks

Bad ignition wires

Incorrect idle speed

Sticky Cold Start Injector.

Sticky injector.

...++++ could be a lot of little things.

digifish

UnKnOwN
21st June 2007, 04:15 PM
Did your engine light come on? It may be that the Veccy didn't like the fuel. The Vec C's are known to be quite sensitive to bad fuel - or moisture in the fuel. Try refilling with some high octane stuff and see what happens.

yeah that was my 1st guess, but i've only filled it with at least 95, im gonna try the 98 stuff after the tank's completely empty. but no..the engine light didnt come on