PDA

View Full Version : For the Diesel heads amoung us

mintaka
14th June 2007, 01:53 PM
Check this link out
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2007/06/fiat_powertrain.html#more

Remember that the engine in the CDTi is a Fiat engine (although built by GM in Germany). I would love if this was in the next CDTi model

300 Nm from 1200 RPM - 400 Total, maate, bring it on!

Mintaka

Wraith
14th June 2007, 07:42 PM
Can't you get that now from the current engine with a re-map or something like the green box installed.......

dieselhead
14th June 2007, 09:19 PM
you sure can! :)

on the other hand, runour has it that Opel is testing a 177 kW engine to replace the existing 1.9 CDTi in the next version of the Astra...

mintaka
15th June 2007, 11:34 AM
Your both right, but if you can get 400 Nm from stock and then put a "Greenbox" or other such device, BWHAHAHAHA.

Might even give the VXR a real fright.

:)

Wraith
15th June 2007, 11:53 AM
you sure can! :)

on the other hand, runour has it that Opel is testing a 177 kW engine to replace the existing 1.9 CDTi in the next version of the Astra...

When and if that ever happens, even I will gladly buy an oiler......;)

I've always stated, I'll become keen with oilers only when they get to around the 200kw mark (ie: for the 4 potters).

With 177kw stock and then tuned, it's a goer :)

Wraith
15th June 2007, 11:55 AM
Your both right, but if you can get 400 Nm from stock and then put a "Greenbox" or other such device, BWHAHAHAHA.

Might even give the VXR a real fright.

:)

Only if it's stock though....

I think tuned petrol turbos will always be ahead...

mintaka
15th June 2007, 05:15 PM
Only if it's stock though....

I think tuned petrol turbos will always be ahead...

Well, should we both be in the happy circumstance of me owning a GreenBoxed Super Oiler and you a Hyper tuned VRX freak machine, lets meet up somewhere and find out how they would compare. Regardless of the eventual outcome, it would be fun (and frightening) to find out.

Until that happy day, I'll have to satisfy myself with idle speculation.

Cheers