PDA

View Full Version : budget direct?

Mainframe_Module
12th June 2007, 12:20 PM
http://www.budgetdirect.com.au/

i did an insurance quote with gio, and they wanted over 4k for the cd coupe! WTF.

and then i stumbled accross this budget direct place which quoted me....wait for it...LESS than im paying on my yaris....like..were talking THOUSANDS of dollars cheaper.
so if i can insure an astra for that price, then i could actually get it....i think im only going to go with the cd coupe though.

just wondering if anyone as used or heard of them or had any comments?
are they good?

apparently they were reccomended by 'money magazine'.
hmm...interesting.

Wraith
12th June 2007, 12:49 PM
Yep, I've heard of them.

They periodically send out a letter to my home address (and I assume thousands of other people too) advertising their insurance products.

I did enquire one time with them, result was a similar premium charge to my existing ones, but much less cover amount (be sure to find out exactly how much they're covering you for !!!) and they DID NOT accept any mods what so ever........result no good for me :(

EL BURITO
12th June 2007, 01:14 PM
did you look at just car?

Poogene2001
12th June 2007, 05:37 PM
The quote they gave me was over $250 more than Just Car Insurance.
Not such good value!

Calibrated
12th June 2007, 06:08 PM
I'm insured with them. They are a South African company that has expanded over here.

They were by far the cheapest, had no hassels going through the policy, even changed from comprehensive, to 3rd party F&T. changeover was done very quickly, documents recieved timely.

Havent had a claim yet, but i was with them back home, and they were pretty good.

No issues with them as yet.

Mainframe_Module
12th June 2007, 06:17 PM
just cars wanted 2800
and this budget direct place 1700

so the savings for me would be signifficant to say the least...though im still thinking im just gunna hold off for a while, i dunno....ill see what happens i guess.

too bad things cant just you know....actually WORK and go RIGHT for a change :boohoo: blargh

CAL.16V
12th June 2007, 06:30 PM
they only insure 'normal cars'

Calibrated
12th June 2007, 06:33 PM
they only insure 'normal cars'
Most insurance companies i called blatantly refused to insure my cali.
Budget had no problem insuring it...maybe it helps that i was insured with them in SA.

poita
12th June 2007, 07:51 PM
did an online quote thingy with them, my car is outside the criteria

reedaaron
12th June 2007, 08:10 PM
they won't insure me either... how stupid is that...along with allianz... allianz says my car is too high powered... a 1.8l 4cyl is high powered now is it? :p
not that i'm after insurance..just renewed with justcar for $744.. woulda been $60 cheaper without my stereo or wheels on the insurance though...

bornwild
12th June 2007, 08:22 PM
Insure it under your old mans name and yourself as a %5 driver. You will pay around $700 with AAMI.

That's what I do with my CDX Coupe MY07. :D Had one claim already and said that I just went to the shops with it, no problems. The bitch reversed into my headlight, was gonna slap her

Calibrated
12th June 2007, 08:23 PM
did an online quote thingy with them, my car is outside the criteria
:confused: im insured with them...

they won't insure me either... how stupid is that...along with allianz... allianz says my car is too high powered... a 1.8l 4cyl is high powered now is it? :p
not that i'm after insurance..just renewed with justcar for $744.. woulda been $60 cheaper without my stereo or wheels on the insurance though...

haha, insurance companies are pathetic..most of them probably dont have a clue about the cars they insure anyway..
the Calibra is a "Sports Coupe" and also "High Powered"

poita
12th June 2007, 10:42 PM
dunno ash, maybe cause i actually listed everything that i have done to the car.
its a 'modified' car so they dont like it

vectraguy01
13th June 2007, 12:49 PM
well im with AAMI, pay only $608 this yr and on rating 1, and this is my 2nd yr on rating 1, for the veccy b 2.6l v6, just cars was more but quite alot, always good to shop around though.

Calibrated
13th June 2007, 01:18 PM
I'm on the worst rating..because we dont have a "rating" in SA...it just goes on your history...so even with no accidents in 4 years, it means nothing...now i need to build that all up again..