PDA

View Full Version : vectra C headlights

UnKnOwN
11th June 2007, 06:05 PM
hi guys, i just swapped the barina for a vectra about a week ago, and straight away i put in the philips crystal vision globes i had before into the vectra and i had just noticed that they're not performing nearly as well as they were in the barina, is it because the vectra has projectors? if it is, what sort of globes/color is better for it? i kind of think that the blue tint in the crystal visions cant penetrate the screens :confused::confused::confused:

shoey85
11th June 2007, 07:05 PM
hi guys, i just swapped the barina for a vectra about a week ago, and straight away i put in the philips crystal vision globes i had before into the vectra and i had just noticed that they're not performing nearly as well as they were in the barina, is it because the vectra has projectors? if it is, what sort of globes/color is better for it? i kind of think that the blue tint in the crystal visions cant penetrate the screens :confused::confused::confused:

i had white in my veccy c seemed brigter than stock, the projectors put out a blue tint ne wayz

UnKnOwN
11th June 2007, 08:46 PM
what sort of globes u using?

ope126
11th June 2007, 09:47 PM
Mate I have Philips BlueVision bulbs in mine, looks awesome.
I must say I have absolutley no complaints with the headlights performance.

I was going to fit a Bosch HID Kit as I did in my old 05' Barina SRi. However I have heared that there is too many problems to overcome with CANBus.

Maybe you need to get the headlights alligned / adjusted.

Glenn

UnKnOwN
12th June 2007, 12:10 AM
the alignment and height is alright, just the brightness
is there any product that'll clean up the lens? maybe theyre dull? lol

EL BURITO
12th June 2007, 04:20 AM
do u have any yellowing of your head light plactic ?

ope126
12th June 2007, 07:41 AM
Mate easy fix...:D

I used to have an SRi Turbo which suffered from "Yellowing / Dull" headlights.
The solution was...Meguiars PLASTX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish, about $20.00 from autObarn; works a treat!!! :D

Glenn

UnKnOwN
12th June 2007, 12:53 PM
i'll give that a try cheers =), and also... has anyone tried philips X-treme power? they claim its the brightest halogen globe

UnKnOwN
13th June 2007, 01:23 PM
i gave the plastic polish a try, it improved a little bit but still not great :S
im thinking of putting 100w globes in, would that cause any problems?

stevedee3
13th June 2007, 08:35 PM
im thinking of putting 100w globes in, would that cause any problems?I think they will probably trigger the bulb failure warning since they will draw more current and the UEC will probably shut the lamp off.