PDA

View Full Version : Ah My07???

Mainframe_Module
8th June 2007, 10:16 AM
im going tomorrow to look at a cdx coupe they have in my local dealer, they have it in stock and its in the colour i want, but it is the 07 model, not 7.5 and the guy on the phone (as they all do :rolleyes:) claimed i can save alot of money on it.

i know i could probably get a brand new cdx coupe drive away for around 26-27k, so how much do you think would be fair to expect to get this one for if i went ahead with it?

i will want to trade in my yaris which is a YRX top of the line automatic 3door, which only has 8000k's on it, its pretty much brand new and i owe about $15'200 on it...i had a look on red book and it said trade in was from 13-15k or something.

do you think i could push them to give me what i owe for the yaris and get the cdx for around say 26 k drive away?....25ish maybe?

i just want to know what to expect and what is a fair and realistic goal just INCASE i fall inlove and decide to act tomorrow, but since ive been so indecisive i really dont know what ill do until ive test driven it and decide if its the right car and everything feels right

ta :)

AHSAM
8th June 2007, 10:45 AM
12 grand changeover would be reasonable, dont focus on price of car and trade in value, just what its going to cost you to changeover.

rjastra
8th June 2007, 11:37 AM
12 grand changeover would be reasonable, dont focus on price of car and trade in value, just what its going to cost you to changeover.

Unfortunately the changeover for him will be $25K at least.

If you are willing to settle for the old 92Kw engine you might as well scout round for any 2006 build stock out there and bargain on that.

Mainframe_Module
8th June 2007, 12:11 PM
eh?

ill want to trade it in, pay out the loan on the yaris
then refinance for the new one.

isnt a changeover really only apllicable to smone who owns the car fully? cause i mean......what i get for trading it in will just go to pay out whats owing on it

gah...maybe its not worth it.

the insurance quote was like 3.5 k too...yay lets rip off the people under 25 *grumble*

oneightoo
8th June 2007, 12:28 PM
if they didnt "rip you off" there'd be no insurance companies to cover you..

rjastra
8th June 2007, 01:05 PM
eh?

It's not... few things in life I have regretted. One is the stupid amounts of money i spent in my 20s updating/changing my car. Best to hang onto the Yaris for a couple of years and bring the loan amount down on it.

the insurance quote was like 3.5 k too...yay lets rip off the people under 25 *grumble*

Its always been the way though :)

Red AH SRI T
8th June 2007, 01:20 PM
eh?

ill want to trade it in, pay out the loan on the yaris
then refinance for the new one.

isnt a changeover really only apllicable to smone who owns the car fully? cause i mean......what i get for trading it in will just go to pay out whats owing on it

**** ME SIDEWAYS IN A DARK ALLEY BACKWARDS!!!

3.5K???!!!

Who was that quote through??

rjastra
8th June 2007, 01:34 PM

I am trying to visualise that! :)

oneightoo
8th June 2007, 01:42 PM

you're a twisted man rjastra :p

Red AH SRI T
8th June 2007, 02:22 PM

Want me to show you? ;)

rjastra
8th June 2007, 03:56 PM
you're a twisted man rjastra

By the sounds of it it won't be me that ends up "twisted" ;)

Want me to show you?

Who gets to choose the "alleyway"? :)

Wraith
8th June 2007, 04:32 PM

3.5K???!!!

Who was that quote through??

Yes well, I was thinking something similar along those lines when I read this too...

This topic was around not too long ago and I almost fainted when 'Huhness' mentioned he pays $2,900p/a for his insurance - but I think that's for an Sri- turbo and he mentioned he has a documented bad record.

This is much worse $3,500p/a for a standard Astra :confused:

Either you've got some major black spot up against your name or your getting ripped mega time !!!! even if you are only 18 or under 25....

Mainframe_Module
8th June 2007, 11:50 PM
i've decided its not worth it

aami was 3.5k
just car insurance was 2800

ive had no accidents, no thefts, no claims, no problems, but im 22 (23 in june) and have green p's.
i live in a pretty good area so its not as if im in redfern or kings cross, and ive never done anything wrong.

my yaris insurance is around 1900, which while stupidly high i can manage, but if im going to have to fork over 3k for insurance as well as loosing all the money from changing cars then meh, **** it.

id have liked the astra but the more i look into it, the more i realise its just not worth it at this point.

thanks everyone...ill still hang around here as i still like opels and i like talking about car tech :D

dustbug
9th June 2007, 12:07 AM
I swear there is still something wrong there.

I was looking to get new cars and i'm 20 atm, got a quote for me being 21 though since i'm looking to get a new car next year.

Just Car!

Nissan 350Z
Golf V R32

Both around the $2200 mark

I have no idea where they are getting $2800 from for an ASTRA!

bornwild
9th June 2007, 01:52 AM
Nissan 350Z
Golf V R32

You have some money laying around....dont ya :D:iloveyou:

EL BURITO
9th June 2007, 03:21 AM
have u looked at GIO my quote including all mods was 1300.

EL BURITO
9th June 2007, 03:31 AM
have u looked at GIO my quote including all mods was 1300.
ok bad idea.

just ran it thru using 2119 Beecoft and it was $3300 WTF

AAMI or Just Car may be worth a option or waiting another year

dustbug
9th June 2007, 09:27 AM
You have some money laying around....dont ya :D:iloveyou:

hahahaha i wish, na, i'm living at home, thats the life, everything gets done for you!!!! gotta love it

waiting to go full time at work, i.e. 4 days a week and then uni part time, i.e. 1 day a week and 1/2 nights

and end of this year or early next year my baby will be up for sale!!!

Shaun
11th June 2007, 01:22 AM
Speaking of Insurance. I just insured a HSV VXR Astra AH 7.5. Just car wanted $2200 GIO wanted $1950 AAMI wanted $2000.

Decided to give the NRMA a call . Normally they want about a grand more then anyone else in past exp. (My 03 SRi T) I was qouted $1688. then when i payed for it i ended up paying $1588.00 Noty bad considering if i had kept the SRi T it would have cost me $1488 to insure with Just Car.

But on the change over the 13k sounds reasonable.You owe 15200. one of two things would need to happen. you would have to see if you can screw to pay out the trade in fuel which means they will uses the over allowance in the new car meaning less of a discount. or you can fiance the exsiting amount owing of the trade into the new car which will clear the encumbance on the the current loan (if with a finance company) and will increase your repayments alittle.

Go and see what they will give you for the Yaris. (Bare in mind that they will give you a wholesale price when trading on the evalation) if your not happy with it or dont want to do what i said about will happen then try and sell it private. which gives you a better buying power when buying the new car as you dont have to worry about the trade side of things . I found it better that what when i ordered my VXR

Mainframe_Module
11th June 2007, 01:49 AM
yeah im going to wait and see how much i get for my bonus at work, but i think either way ill prolly have to wait a bit more :(
ive fallen inlove with driving a manual and i want one damnit....but oh well, its not worth it if im going to be losing a shitwad of money on it.

ill see what my options are in a while i guess :(

EL BURITO
11th June 2007, 01:58 AM
$1410 for a SRI T with Just Car
$1056 for a CDX coup with Just Car

using 2119 Beecoft and 22 yo