PDA

View Full Version : Insurance help

macca
7th June 2004, 01:38 PM
hey guys as some of you know ive brought all my clobber from the uk and yes the NRMA said me alloys could only be 6inchs wide i laughed but they were being serious :roll: so now im stuffed i found justcarinsurace there not bad ne more that we know of that insure 19yr olds in a corsa GSI and mods?

cheers tom

Anonymous
7th June 2004, 02:00 PM
Perhaps give Famous Car Insurance a try - www.famousinsurance.com.au
I don't personally have my insurance through them, but I know a few people who've got their imports insured through these guys at reasonable prices, so it may be worth looking into.

RK
7th June 2004, 02:02 PM
youngandcool.com or .au

kirssn
7th June 2004, 04:02 PM
gio should do it.... they tend to be pretty good. but i guess it depends what mods you have. pm with a list of exactly what mods you have and i'll see if i have an insurer on the books here at work that will do it for you.

and dont everybody else flood me with pm's as well coz i dont look after car insurance unless i feel like!! :)

RK
7th June 2004, 04:14 PM
ooh. didnt know gio did it.

*pm's*

XXX-1.8T
7th June 2004, 04:20 PM
im with shannons they are the best - they insure all mods and even insure on track days if not try Famous, or Just cars :)

RK
7th June 2004, 04:28 PM
what the heck are Shannons?

XXX-1.8T
7th June 2004, 04:30 PM
Dnt tell me u havent heard of Shannons insurance, they insure vintage, sports cars, and race cars - i have both cars insured with them and they are the only people to let u keep the car if its written off :)

RK
7th June 2004, 04:36 PM
do they have a website?
and what about their service? any good?

macca
7th June 2004, 04:56 PM
ive seen shannons they look ok i mite give em a bell tomo! atm the mo its

aami 2012 bucks

excess 600!

Young and cool

excess 400

hmmm

kirssn
7th June 2004, 07:06 PM
Dnt tell me u havent heard of Shannons insurance, they insure vintage, sports cars, and race cars - i have both cars insured with them and they are the only people to let u keep the car if its written off :)

you get to keep it provided its written in your policy - i checked chubby's for him when he got it earlier this year - it wasnt noted that he had salavage rights - extra $10 a month, well worth it though.....

NUTTTR
7th June 2004, 09:57 PM
Hmmmm...... i'm with nrma, the bastards, but they are the only ones who'll insure me for that little (1800 with 45% NCB), nrma is one of the easiest for claims in my books, it's been easy!
Aaron

InsaneAsylum
7th June 2004, 11:27 PM
the insurance company mentioned in the first post has a victorian based partner. that company tried to explain to me that i was a rating 4 when i had infact been driving for 5 years at the time, and was 23 yrs old. i told them that i had previous policies with them from previous motor vehicles and they basically kept telling me "it must have been the policy at the time" (i still don't get it either) until I gave up. the bitch i spoke to was getting quite agressive with me when i tried to explain my situation and i believe she acted in a totally unprofessional way. the next renewal bill they sent me was for $1800, so i chose not to renew with them.
instead i rang up just cars who put me on the rating that i should have been on and whose rates were relatively good, plus they have rating 1 protection which the previous company didn't.

kirssn
8th June 2004, 07:16 AM
the insurance company mentioned in the first post has a victorian based partner. that company tried to explain to me that i was a rating 4 when i had infact been driving for 5 years at the time, and was 23 yrs old. i told them that i had previous policies with them from previous motor vehicles and they basically kept telling me "it must have been the policy at the time" (i still don't get it either) until I gave up. the bitch i spoke to was getting quite agressive with me when i tried to explain my situation and i believe she acted in a totally unprofessional way. the next renewal bill they sent me was for $1800, so i chose not to renew with them.
instead i rang up just cars who put me on the rating that i should have been on and whose rates were relatively good, plus they have rating 1 protection which the previous company didn't.

hey, if you ever get into that situation again, where the person you're talking to is useless as, do what my clients at work do to our customer service team - hang up and ring back - more often than not you'll get a different person who will usually give you different info!!!!

each person you talk to who works for an insurance company or brokerage has different training and therefore interprets the info on the screens in front of them differently..... i know it's time consuming but eventually you will see they realise that you are in the right esp if everything you said it true...

:)

Nem
8th June 2004, 08:02 AM
And I used to think my $700 per annum was bad enough.

macca
8th June 2004, 08:43 AM
hehehe sums this place up :screwy: :screwy: haha nah im only messing tho u do speak to someone and they say yer thats fine then you speak to another and they tell you its not!!!!! took me 2 months to complete my citizenship cos i spoke to some pecker who gave me the wrong info 4 parramatta trips later i hope its sorted!

macca
8th June 2004, 08:57 AM
ok shannons said im not worth insuring :roll:

RAiMA
8th June 2004, 01:35 PM
Another insurance company you might want to check out is Vigil. I think their web site is www.vigilins.com.au

They pretty much support unlimited mods as long as they're legal and declared.

Good luck with the insurance :)

macca
8th June 2004, 01:56 PM
All done cheers lads n gals with justcarinsurance

cheers

Jackson
10th June 2004, 05:01 PM
I'm with nrma for my v6 calibra, it's costing me $2300 <approx> just gave shannons a call the other day to try and get cheaper

$1440.00,, that's a huge saving PA, only thing is do they insure under 25's ??

macca
10th June 2004, 05:48 PM
said no to me and im 19

kirssn
10th June 2004, 11:29 PM
hey i havent forgotten to look into that stuff for you...

just been flat out at work this week - handed my resignation in and so have been flat out sorting stuff out in there..

will def look into it next week if not before hand

dug74
11th June 2004, 12:01 AM
well im with NRMA..and when i went to do mods...they told me 17's x7 with 41 offset..

so i did as im told...now that i have claimed....they are trying to back pedal...by saying having opel badgin voids my claim becoz its a mod...i talked to general manager about this situation and explained to him a mod is anything that enhances the cars peformance and ppl who have Jesus Loves Me stickers...should remove them becoz its a mod...

he took my point and now is fixing the car...neways..i told the f*&kers that my car had been opelised...including the grille..

Marty
11th June 2004, 01:53 AM
I would like to see NRMA prove that Opel badges contributed to an accident.

Insurance companies will do anything to get out of a claim :evil:

macca
11th June 2004, 10:37 AM
haha ok cheers krissn no rush atm

kirssn
11th June 2004, 11:25 AM
sweet as.. my resignation has been hadned in.. my work has now been passed across to my assistant... therefore i may be able to do it today.....

macca
11th June 2004, 02:42 PM
hahaha ok