PDA

View Full Version : New Corsa 4x4

cdxi
7th June 2007, 05:56 PM
Auto Express (UK) has a lead article on a new Corsa 4X4 mini SUV.

They reckon it will hit the streets as an Opel, Vauxhall, Chevrolet and Daewoo.

Might even come here to Oz.

I can't upload the pic....sorry everyone.....:(

poita
7th June 2007, 08:52 PM
here ya go ;)

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/208953/corsa_4x4_is_go.html

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_437/car_photo_218840_5.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_437/car_photo_218837_5.jpg

blueraven
7th June 2007, 09:21 PM
aaaaand i will rip the awd system out and slap it into a vxr corsa...and be a happy man :)

rjastra
7th June 2007, 09:49 PM
Is that the daewoo designed small SUV? Sits below the Captiva etc.

bornwild
7th June 2007, 10:01 PM
Looks like Opel work, not daewoo.

EL BURITO
8th June 2007, 02:56 AM
that looks like a cruze to me

cyclonic
8th June 2007, 03:11 AM
aaaaand i will rip the awd system out and slap it into a vxr corsa...and be a happy man :)

And I will dump it on its arse, bang on a turbo kit and big arse racing rims.
Ok, get a black one and put ridiculously large chromies on it.

btm
8th June 2007, 08:26 AM

i was thinking the same thing

Red AH SRI T
8th June 2007, 08:47 AM

only much better looking

Huhness
8th June 2007, 10:39 AM
looks like a 4x4 yaris..

Calibrated
8th June 2007, 11:59 AM
to combat those crappy Fiat Panda's, and baby rav4's..
Will do well i reckon.

rusole21
8th June 2007, 02:24 PM
doesnt take much to make you happy. :D

Wraith
8th June 2007, 04:07 PM
Kinda looks ok-ish :rolleyes:

UnKnOwN
8th June 2007, 11:03 PM
to me it just looks like a corsa D but sits higher =P, or a little like the suzuki SX4

KID_SRi
9th June 2007, 07:29 PM
It looks rather, Who do you say? Crap.
Reminds me too much of the Holden Cruze, Which is just a Suzuki Ignis with a Transfer Case & a Rear Diff.

The Only Car that I like that was once 2WD then The Bean Counters decided to make 4x4 is the Holden Adventura. I have had the pleasure of Driving a HSV Adventura(Avalanche) 295, Both On & Off Road. It was simply Lush ;)

If they bring the Corsa AWD to our Shores, I'd be interested to see how it goes against Dominating Pathfinder/Navara Dualcab, Hilux Market. Which is now the Highest selling Market Sector during April-May.

MatsHolden
9th June 2007, 07:47 PM
The Only Car that I like that was once 2WD then The Bean Counters decided to make 4x4 is the Holden Adventura. I have had the pleasure of Driving a HSV Adventura(Avalanche) 295, Both On & Off Road. It was simply Lush ;)

And even the Adventra AWD system is a rather crude setup.

KID_SRi
9th June 2007, 08:30 PM
And even the Adventra AWD system is a rather crude setup.

Yeah, It is.
I drove a Early(Dec 2003) Adventura before the official Release, And it Spat the Left Hand Front Driveshaft & 4 Wheels where going no where.

But later models had advise from GM Headquarters, Using the Caddilac Drive System. I was expecting the Late 2005 Avalanche to be the same as the 2003 Avalanche. I was proven Very wrong, It handled Off Road @ Speed(Forum Legal) on Corrigated Gravel Twice the Vehicle the 2003 Model was.

MatsHolden
9th June 2007, 08:32 PM
Yeh same on the Coupe4's, full lock and give it a bootfull and easily pull out a front drive shaft.

Calibrated
9th June 2007, 09:26 PM
It looks rather, Who do you say? Crap.
Reminds me too much of the Holden Cruze, Which is just a Suzuki Ignis with a Transfer Case & a Rear Diff.

If they bring the Corsa AWD to our Shores, I'd be interested to see how it goes against Dominating Pathfinder/Navara Dualcab, Hilux Market. Which is now the Highest selling Market Sector during April-May.

This varient looks EXACTLY like a Corsa D...gee, i wonder why. maybe, coz thats what at is..just higher, with some black inserts...

And as for the last statement... thats like comparing a Hyundai Getz with Mercedes B-Class,..May have a similar purpose..but they are in a completely different segment of the market.

rjastra
10th June 2007, 12:30 AM

Huh? A mini awd hatchback compared to the utility market driven (seperate chassis) 4wds. Where is the connection?

If it is brought here it will most likely be the Daewoo version built in Korea.

KID_SRi
10th June 2007, 10:59 AM
Everbody is buying Diesel 4x4, Not Petrol. The New Car Sales last month were Dominated by Nissan & Toyota. Why, Because they offer Powerful Diesels.
How do I know this, I make the OEM Bull Bars for Nissan & Toyota. Last Month Nissan sold 1800 New Navara Diesels to the Private Market, Not Fleets.

KID_SRi
10th June 2007, 11:26 AM
Plus that Corsa AWD is a Toy, Most Aussie want a REAL 4x4. Not a $25k+ Glorified Radio Control Car.
When/if they sell that here, It will only sell to Geriatric Teenager Mums & Spoilt P Plater Daughters. Who'll never use it Off Road & If they ever did it would more than likely need Holden Roadside Assist to get it Home.

Calibrated
10th June 2007, 11:33 AM
Plus that Corsa AWD is a Toy, Most Aussie want a REAL 4x4. Not a $25k+ Glorified Radio Control Car.
When/if they sell that here, It will only sell to Geriatric Teenager Mums & Spoilt P Plater Daughters. Who'll never use it Off Road & If they ever did it would more than likely need Holden Roadside Assist to get it Home.

So then you are saying that the Suzuki Vitara and Toyota Rav 4 have no place in the aussie market? coz thats where this Corsa fits in.

compare apples with apples.

UnKnOwN
10th June 2007, 03:04 PM
i dont know if it will even fit in with the SUVs(grand vitara, CRV, Rav4).
i reckon it fits more into the crossover market which is still new, not many cars are in it, the only ones i can think of is the suzuki SX4, dodge caliber,and nissan also has 1 (qashqai? something like that)

Calibrated
10th June 2007, 03:06 PM
i dont know if it will even fit in with the SUVs(grand vitara, CRV, Rav4).
i reckon it fits more into the crossover market which is still new, not many cars are in it, the only ones i can think of is the suzuki SX4, dodge caliber,and nissan also has 1 (qashqai? something like that)

I was referring to the 3 door rav and vitara.

MatsHolden
10th June 2007, 03:10 PM
Let's remember it's an AWD not a 4x4. Did they design it for heavy off road bush tracks? No. Next to none of these like most SUV/crossover vehicles will see off road use. Their AWD systems are for more grip on bitumen roads, not galivanting around the bush and through rivers.

EL BURITO
10th June 2007, 03:13 PM
yes i can see your point but the Cruize was not that bad down the beach

EL BURITO
10th June 2007, 03:18 PM
Let's remember it's an AWD not a 4x4. Did they design it for heavy off road bush tracks? No. Next to none of these like most SUV/crossover vehicles will see off road use. Their AWD systems are for more grip on bitumen roads, not galivanting around the bush and through rivers.
there also good for mums that are scared of going onto the soft sholder of the road to park. my level on anger that rises when this occurs or they have a 4x4 and refuse to take the thing onto sand cos the wheels might spin a little.

Ok its OT I will stop now

rjastra
10th June 2007, 04:15 PM
Nissan make the Dualis. The interesting point is that it is available with AWD or FWD.

Once the import duties equalise between "4wd" and normal vehicles you will see more and more 4wd "looking" vehicles without the AWd/4wd drivetrain. Think of the weight and fuel economy benefits.

EL BURITO
10th June 2007, 04:18 PM
Nissan make the Dualis. The interesting point is that it is available with AWD or FWD.

Once the import duties equalise between "4wd" and normal vehicles you will see more and more 4wd "looking" vehicles without the AWd/4wd drivetrain. Think of the weight and fuel economy benefits.
yes but then there are the women in my life who both think it is essential to have a 4x4 to drive to work/Uni and never leave a sealed road