PDA

View Full Version : Opinions

ZC_74
7th June 2007, 06:57 AM
I was thinking of getting an Irmscher Fuel Cap cover. I think they look pretty good. What do others think?

ope126
7th June 2007, 07:25 AM
I will need to see your new wheels to make an opinion; however with the stock wheels I don't think the fuel flap cover looks any good!

But ultimatley your decision...;)

Glenn

ZC_74
7th June 2007, 07:58 AM
Guys,

These are the rims I have on now. I have been slack not putting up some pics of my car but it has been filthy.

btm
7th June 2007, 08:01 AM
i think it will look good on your black car

post up a pic of the side of your car, then someone can photoshop it on for you :)

Wraith
7th June 2007, 09:03 AM
I've got one on my Calibra - it's a Steinmetz :)

It looks good, certainly better than those cheap fake stickers some people put on their cars :o

Interesting comment above regarding wheels - I too got it on my Cali only because at the time it matched the Momo's I had fitted, IMHO also, it dosn't suit a stock car.

I'm thinking of getting one for my Astra, but can't make up my mind, because the fuel flap cover is alot bigger than the ones on the Cali and it might look odd :rolleyes:

ZC_74
7th June 2007, 09:51 AM
I've got one on my Calibra - it's a Steinmetz :)

It looks good, certainly better than those cheap fake stickers some people put on their cars :o

Interesting comment above regarding wheels - I too got it on my Cali only because at the time it matched the Momo's I had fitted, IMHO also, it dosn't suit a stock car.

I'm thinking of getting one for my Astra, but can't make up my mind, because the fuel flap cover is alot bigger than the ones on the Cali and it might look odd :rolleyes:

Got a pic of it on the Calli?

The irmscher one is a proper one for the Vectra but I haven't seen many used. I'm obviously trying to make it more and more Opelised so the question would then be to buy an Irmscher product or a Steinmetz product. I'm buying some other OPC bits and pieces as well.

OPC
7th June 2007, 10:52 AM
i like them... id get one if i had the money

Wraith
7th June 2007, 12:49 PM
ZC 74, I'll put a pic up for you 2night :)

My mistake before, mines a Zender on the Cali, not a Steinmetz item.....The one I was considering for my Astra was a Steinmetz :)

Mohawk, they are a bit pricey for a little item, but they're not that expensive in the o/a picture of things, I'm sure you can afford to spend another 120-$150 to make your car look sexier :)

R3N
7th June 2007, 03:46 PM
if its the stuck one one it looks tacky imo... i'd rather go the whole extra mile and change the fuel flap like on the pug 206s

OPC
7th June 2007, 03:53 PM
Mohawk, they are a bit pricey for a little item, but they're not that expensive in the o/a picture of things, I'm sure you can afford to spend another 120-$150 to make your car look sexier :)

nah...rather save that $150 and add a lil (alot) more for zorst sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Wraith
7th June 2007, 04:02 PM
nah...rather save that $150 and add a lil (alot) more for zorst sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Good one, I can agree to that :)

But it'll be alot more not a lil more lol for an exhaust :)

Wraith
7th June 2007, 04:07 PM
if its the stuck one one it looks tacky imo... i'd rather go the whole extra mile and change the fuel flap like on the pug 206s

Agree with this too, although being a thick piece of metal, they look ok, certainly better than the fake picture stickers lol.....

I looked into getting one like your suggesting - a Sparko item - alot of money in the end, becuase there's alot of work (panel work ie) to be done to the car - not an easy or cheap mod......might consider it for the vert though :rolleyes:

R3N
7th June 2007, 11:16 PM
if i had a spare fuel flap i'd definitely butcher it into a brushed alu one

dieselhead
8th June 2007, 12:16 AM
Don't do it, the cap will give some stupid bastards a reason to damage your car...

Wraith
8th June 2007, 03:56 PM
Hopefully not, hasn't happened to me yet, fingers crossed :)

I'll bet anything your more likely to suffer the above if you've Opelised your car, I've heard of lots of cases of thieving bastards wrecking cars knocking those badges off.....:(

If your going to get one of these, I suggest also using another fuel flap, put the original aside, just in case you want to reverse the mod back to normal.

Here's some pics for ZC74 as requested :)

1st pic shows original Momo's on my Cali, the centre cap allen bolts matching the fuel flap cover allen bolts nicely.
http://i16.tinypic.com/62dxcow.jpg

A couple more shots from different angles I took this afternoon :)

http://i17.tinypic.com/6cfhy4i.jpg

http://i10.tinypic.com/52zrs4p.jpg

Hope that helps :)

OPC
9th June 2007, 12:22 AM
Don't do it, the cap will give some stupid bastards a reason to damage your car...

well if its gunna happen its gunna happen

my passenger door has 2 eggs shell indentations 3 car door open and 1 bottle scratch on it

shit happens

Wraith
10th June 2007, 04:01 PM
Are you talking about your new VXR Mohawk.....not good :(

Your right though, if your car is a daily driver, this sort of thing is almost unavoidable :(

Damn arseholes with the eggings, f#*kheads that do that should be hung :mad:

poita
10th June 2007, 04:54 PM
sorry ange, but not a fan of it, looks out of place.
maybe would look better on a black or the dark green cally

Wraith
10th June 2007, 05:23 PM
Your right, more of a contrast on darker duco's....:)

It seems to have more visual presence in the flesh though, than those pics show.

OPC
10th June 2007, 06:16 PM
Are you talking about your new VXR Mohawk.....not good :(

:mad:

yep :( :( :(

bornwild
10th June 2007, 06:54 PM
Looks shit that cap.

Vectracious
11th June 2007, 01:20 AM
I wouldn't put it on, but hey, not my car so do what makes you happy. :D

CAL.16V
11th June 2007, 03:45 AM
dont like it either.. i bought a dillma one from uk and sol it when i got it cos looked chat

ope126
11th June 2007, 07:45 AM
So, what are you going to do...;)

Cap or no cap; that is the question! :D

Wraith
11th June 2007, 09:53 AM
If you really wanted one, you could always go the real thing and get an aircraft style fuel filler cap.....lots more work and money though :(

imay
11th June 2007, 01:30 PM
Personal opinion only -- don't go the stick on plastic one. If you really want to to do something different, follow previous advise and change the whole thing to a genuine aluminium flap.
I like Irmscher gear (see my avatar!) but that is one item I think looks a bit cheap and nasty.

ZC_74
12th June 2007, 10:51 AM
Sorry, been away for the long weekend.

I still think it will look good on the black and I will still probably do it.

However. Alot have made comment of getting a proper billet or alloy REPLACEMENT but I would still like to know where I would find one of those. Most of us would appreciate how difficult it is find stuff for our cars as it is. I just seem to find that getting stuff for the Vectra is nigh impossible unless you want to pay lots for it. I have an option at the moment to get this because I am buying a couple of other things thus making delivery reasonable but otherwise....

I respect everyone's opinions. I mean, I asked for them. If someone does have an idea of where to get a full replacement I will definately investigate it further

Cheers

Wraith
12th June 2007, 12:44 PM
If your referring to the billet aluminium flap cover items (like mine in the pics) most O/S suppliers eg: LMF, Irmscher-Bits etc. will have them and stock most brands, they do look a little different form brand to brand.

If you want to replace the whole thing with a proper aircraft style fuel filler cap, a good aftermarket one is the Sparco unit.

You could otherwise buy an OEM one eg: one as used on Audi's or Peugot's and get it custom fitted to your car, but as said lots more effort and cost...

ZC_74
12th June 2007, 12:53 PM
And I guess that's my point. In my last post, I mentioned I can get an Irmscher one for a reasonable price and I wold pay it. I don't if I could be bothered trying to retro fit something.

Wraith
12th June 2007, 01:21 PM
Solved, go for the Irmy :)

All I can add, is that they do look better in the flesh than in pics :)

ZC_74
12th June 2007, 01:23 PM
Solved, go for the Irmy :)

All I can add, is that they do look better in the flesh than in pics :)

It must be us drafties thinking alike ;)

Wraith
12th June 2007, 01:25 PM
LOL :D good one........

It did slip my mind that you too practice structural design drafting/engineering :)

SIMid
14th June 2007, 10:57 AM
I personally don't like them. :rolleyes:

Kinda like "I want mags but I have steel wheels, so I'll get some flashy hubcaps with fake brake discs in them instead".

I'll avoid them, just like door reflector protectors and fake bonnet vents.

Wraith
14th June 2007, 12:30 PM
LOL, door reflector protectors have got to be one of the worst ideas ever for a car accessory, thank goodness they've gone out of fashion, years ago alot of people were fitting them on their cars...