PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all

Vectracious
7th June 2004, 11:44 AM
Hi all

Couldn't find a topic relating to new members introing themselves. If there is one, I apologise and please move this message there.. :)

My name is Pete and I own a 2000 JSII Vectra CD 2.2 5-spd in Phantom Mica. My wife owns a 2000 TR Astra CD (Olympic edition) 1.8 5-spd also in Black. We've owned the cars since new and since we got married earlier in the year, both now decorate the same driveway, and when clean, look absolutely spectacular.

Unfortunately, both are still very much stock at the moment due to mortgages and weddings and stuff. The Vectra has tinted windows and I've performed the 2 pipe mod (did not take off the breather pipe going into the front quarter panel). The Astra has various scrapes as my wife has only recently learnt how to enter and exit our driveway properly.

I'll post some pics up as soon as I find some decent ones of the cars together.

Dee
7th June 2004, 11:48 AM
http://www.boostdriver.com/html/emoticons/welcomeani.gif and please enjoy your stay here

RK
7th June 2004, 12:21 PM
Hey you! :)

Youre from VVOC, right?

welcome :)

Vectracious
7th June 2004, 01:22 PM
yep RK, that's me!

Came over when you told me this place existed. Good to see an Aussie based Opel site here, because from what I remember of Vectra-sport.com it was very UK based with almost nothing for Australian members....

Plus I now own an Astra as well so it's doubly good! :)

RK
7th June 2004, 01:29 PM
yup. exactly!

I went from Vectra-Sport to VVOC. and then to here, after mixmelb posted a link to it on VVOC. This place is awesome :) Though for technical info, i still visit VVOC.

mr_astra_retired
7th June 2004, 05:22 PM
Welcome aboard you will find heaps of relative info here . :P

FlySri
7th June 2004, 05:26 PM
Howdy ye-all !!!
:D

InsaneAsylum
7th June 2004, 05:45 PM
Pete, it's Adrian, I was actually thinking about you today (Strictly non-sexual) and going to fire you an email to tell you about this site!! good to hear from ya!!

Degen-Astra
7th June 2004, 06:11 PM
Welcome...and again...another Mexicano...ARRIIIIBAAA!!

Vectracious
7th June 2004, 09:35 PM
Pete, it's Adrian, I was actually thinking about you today (Strictly non-sexual) and going to fire you an email to tell you about this site!! good to hear from ya!!

:oops: Don't lie... :D

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome... :)

mixmelb
7th June 2004, 11:29 PM
""yup. exactly!

I went from Vectra-Sport to VVOC. and then to here, after mixmelb posted a link to it on VVOC. This place is awesome Though for technical info, i still visit VVOC.""

:D , yup that's me!! just wanna let all aussie's opel fan know where to go!! :?:

BTW, welcome "Vectracious"!!
Another veccy owner!! :mrgreen:

InsaneAsylum
7th June 2004, 11:32 PM
yeah hopefully one day we'll out number those astras :P :P :P

mixmelb
9th June 2004, 12:10 AM
yeah hopefully one day we'll out number those astras :P :P :Pwe will mate!! Go Veccy!!! :mrgreen:

__Smudge__
9th June 2004, 09:54 AM
Hi Vectracious, Biggup the vectra clan.
I belong to UK's Vauxhall sports car club and can say that Vectras out number most Vaux marks at shows and meets 8)

RK
9th June 2004, 10:01 AM
is yours a 4cyl, SMudge?

How did you get it to 146 Kw??

__Smudge__
9th June 2004, 10:44 AM
V6 started at 124 Kw. 3 pipe mod with extra induction pipe and performance panel filter, fuel pressure regulator uprated to 4 bar and powerflow mid section exhaust. Sports highflow cat to be fitted soon :twisted:

Vectracious
9th June 2004, 12:47 PM
Is it 146.6 at the wheels or at the flywheel Smudge?

__Smudge__
10th June 2004, 06:13 AM
flywheel M8

__Smudge__
10th June 2004, 06:17 AM
42 bhp loss in transmission makes it 154bhp/115KW at the wheels

__Smudge__
10th June 2004, 06:20 AM
After completing Exhaust I plan to exchange the 15kg flywheel for the lighter 6.5kg unit. This will not effect the flywheel output but will reduce transmission loss considerably and raise power at the wheels :twisted:

Cybulba
10th June 2004, 09:16 AM
Welcome aboard ;) hope your enjuoy your time here ;)

RK
10th June 2004, 09:18 AM
i wonder if it would be worth it to rip out the auto, and whack in a manual

__Smudge__
11th June 2004, 06:40 AM
Manual beats auto for drivability hands down!...... I would never buy an auto!