PDA

View Full Version : extra glove box light

Whitelotus
2nd June 2007, 07:18 PM
Ok so my gf would always leave something in my glove box and what not, since on the first shelf i have a whole cd case thing that fits nicely in there and blocks the light wich is ONLY on that top level i came up with a neat idea too add in another light for the bottom section wich is bigger and deeper. Picked up a ccft from jaycar today 300mm long white glow. Simply took out the glove box and popped out that lil shelf, the time consuming part is to line up where u want the tube to sit, I done it diagonaly so the back corner would have the power wire run through the box itself, using a sharp chisel cutt off all the ridges that are in the way of letting the tube sit flat, the use 2 very small screws about 5mm long to hold it in place on the shelf, before this you need to drill a large hole in the back corner to feed the tube through other wise u have to cut and re solder the wires if u want a really small hole, but u wont really see it back there and yeah i taped it from the outside aswell. once i got the hole drilled then ran the tube into the box fixed it to the shelf fixed the shelf back into place and worked out the wiring so it would turn on when you open up the box and all that done a reall quick job of that for now by jaming in the prongs from that wiring kit that comes with the tube between the contact points on the original festoon fitting and taped up the rest of the spare wire neatly and fixed that lil resister also, screw the glove box back into place and shes all sweet :) only got the finished photo for now but if anyone wants a pic of what i done behind ill take it off and do some photos.

Mainframe_Module
2nd June 2007, 09:32 PM
HAHAHA ANTHONYYY

its kieran :D

ello :P

MK
3rd June 2007, 08:18 AM
AUDIOSLAVE!!! Great band! :)

platypus
3rd June 2007, 10:47 AM
funny... the F has the light at the front of the box!

Whitelotus
3rd June 2007, 07:10 PM
Hey Kieran didnt know you was on here :) cool stuff, yeah well its the first sorta bit of work Ive done with the car in ages since the stereo back in like january...... next month I got some bigger work planned :D

poita
3rd June 2007, 08:01 PM
nice work, looks good :)
i honestly dont even know wats in my glove box, i dont use it.
all i know is there is an air con vent for yours drinks and chocolate :)
next time, could you try a little punctuation please? :p:p

Whitelotus
4th June 2007, 05:01 PM
yeah sorry im not the best at all that gramer and spelling crap :P but u get the idea lol

poita
4th June 2007, 06:38 PM
yer lol, i had to take a brerath reading.
and i wasnt even read it out loud :)