PDA

View Full Version : Veccy C's

ZC_74
1st June 2007, 03:24 PM
Right. Now I'm dirty. I can't believe Holden/HSV wouldn't consider these. I know the Corsa is under sonsideration (check out the link below) but I reckon the VXR vectra is an awesome bit of kit.Some may have seen these so I appologise but check out these new Vecc's in the UK.

Due to the Vectra being the VX car in the BTCC(which I admit I didn't know until this morning), there are some wonderful things happening to my beloved car (albeit the facelift version).

Vectra
http://www.forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=23948&highlight=888

Vectra - right, I want this car
http://www.forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=24699&highlight=888

Corsa
http://www.forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=23957&highlight=888

What do the other Veccy drivers reckon?

Tfer
1st June 2007, 04:17 PM
According to the article that started all the discussion in the thread about the VXR Corsa..... HSV are considering the VXR Veccy, and if it happens, maybe in a couple of years time ;)

So I think maybe, just maybe I should buy a Corsa VXR as the play thing, keep my Veccy for day to day, and hang out for the Veccy VXR..... maybe :D

Love the front bar though.... the eyelids will take some getting used to *hmmm* but yeah, the rear diffuser is most excellent!

ZC_74
1st June 2007, 06:30 PM
Tfer

I honestly can't see the Vectra VXR making it here. The Corsa has a stronger probability. That's disappointing becuase without trying to upset the Corsa drivers, I think the Vectra VXR would be a better fit between HSV's Astra VXR and a full blown Commodore variant.

But then again, what would I know? I am just the general paying public;)

As for the Front bar. I really dig it. Apparently the eyelids are part of the racing homologation but I'm sorry (or maybe just ignorant) I don't understand what they achieve.

Calibrated
1st June 2007, 06:34 PM
Tfer

I honestly can't see the Vectra VXR making it here. The Corsa has a stronger probability. That's disappointing becuase without trying to upset the Corsa drivers, I think the Vectra VXR would be a better fit between HSV's Astra VXR and a full blown Commodore variant.

But then again, what would I know? I am just the general paying public;)

As for the Front bar. I really dig it. Apparently the eyelids are part of the racing homologation but I'm sorry (or maybe just ignorant) I don't understand what they achieve.

Wouldnt upset the Corsa drivers...its a different segment of the market.
Both the Corsa OPC and Vectra OPC Deserve a place in the market here..

Vectracious
2nd June 2007, 05:19 AM
If a VXR Vectra came here, it would definately be on my shortlist as a next car..

Don't see it happening though..

BTW - those front eyebrows look sh*t!!

EL BURITO
2nd June 2007, 11:12 AM
if they did bring it over here as a coup i do dout it would retain its name

Oz
2nd June 2007, 04:01 PM
I'd expect we will never see the Veccy C (VXR/OPC) here, especially as Holden have stopped importing the standard car. However, now that Holden has a new boss things 'could' change. Fingers crossed ofcourse. ;)

If we have a Vectra here again it will be the D (Insignia) model & not the current facelift C. IMO, the current car in any form will never be sold here again.

stevedee3
2nd June 2007, 09:10 PM
have a Vectra here again it will be the D (Insignia) model & not the current facelift C. IMO, the current car in any form will never be sold here again.I think it would be awesome if we got the Vectra D/Insignia, but I reckon we've got Buckley's of that happening :(

ope126
2nd June 2007, 10:38 PM
Fingers Crossed, but not holding breath! :rolleyes:

ZC_74
3rd June 2007, 07:09 PM
I agree it's not likely to happen but I still can't think of a better car to sit in the stable at HSV. Not a 'small' car and not a huge commodore.

And Oz, I wouldn't have thought that was the number one contributing factor that because the standard car wasn't here the VXR version wouldn't come. You may be right.

Oh well

poita
3rd June 2007, 08:02 PM
hmmm get rid of the Mazda 6, and get a VXR Veccy
would look great next to the cally in the driveway :)

Oz
4th June 2007, 12:25 PM
And Oz, I wouldn't have thought that was the number one contributing factor that because the standard car wasn't here the VXR version wouldn't come. You may be right.

Oh well

Yeah, I thought about this before posting & the only logical point that popped into my mind at the time is that Holden no longer has the engineering base for the Vectra to work from, especially in facelift guise. The Astra VXR is here, in part, because the base Astra's are here therefor, the engineering base is in place. Same could be said for the Vectra as we have had the C model but we haven't/don't have the facelift C which does have some significant changes to pre facelift. There may have been enough significant changes for Holden to think, st*ff this? However, HSV is a different beast so who knows. The new boss may just have the kahuna's to want to bring the VXR Vectra in.

Maybe if we all keep our fingers crossed for longer enough we may see the D model..........................;)

Wraith
4th June 2007, 12:51 PM
That is a nice machine ! :)

It is a shame when you like a certain model and they won't bring it in :(

I felt that way when Holden never brought in the Astra G Coupe, to this day, I still don't see why not ???

There's no doubt this variant of the G would've sold well, anyone who likes the Astra G hatch and/or Calibra would've definitely considered one of these me thinks :)

bornwild
4th June 2007, 01:36 PM
Sorry to disappoint, but there ain't no chance of it coming.
On a sidenote though, those eyebrows are ugly as hell.

I'll tell you one thing, expect the new Vectra V8 AWD to be 'highly-considered' as an import to AU.

ZC_74
5th June 2007, 06:52 AM
Sorry to disappoint, but there ain't no chance of it coming.
On a sidenote though, those eyebrows are ugly as hell.

I'll tell you one thing, expect the new Vectra V8 AWD to be 'highly-considered' as an import to AU.

Maybe a suitable car for HSV however in these days of petrol crisis etc etc I would have thought a more potent V6 was a more attractive idea.

I still agree with most that we won't see the facelifted 'C' I just think it's disappointing

P.S. I could live either way with the eyelids but that rear diffuser - I just want one.

bornwild
5th June 2007, 09:46 PM
It's a 2.8L V8, high-revving. Should hit a nice note. ;)