PDA

View Full Version : Does the VXR have seat-height adjustment?

digifish
31st May 2007, 07:46 PM
Watch???...

http://media.drive.com.au/?rid=28460

Shaun
31st May 2007, 08:50 PM
Yes they do have a adjustable seat. its a common problem that all tall people find with the coupe body line.

a decent review all in all.

Wraith
31st May 2007, 09:04 PM
Yeh, that's true, if you really love the car, but your very tall, you'll put up with being a little cramped :)

We have alot of Cali owners here who are around 6'4" and have no complaints, I'm sure the AH hatch has more head room than a Cali ;)

Poogene2001
31st May 2007, 10:57 PM
Geeez, doesn't he go on about the lack of home-grown appeal?
Surely its the opposite? I dont want something with the build quality of our locally built tractors... Id like something that came out of the Opel Performance Centre. Infact, why not save the $80 of badges on the front and back all together and let us have an Opel Astra OPC??

Geebs
31st May 2007, 11:11 PM
Never thought about the headroom - im only 5Ft7 lol

Back is even worse though, Ive had friends in the back and even shortish people find it low.... I guess its only once in a blue moon that anyone sits in the back though - but if u want room - dont get a coupe!

All in all - a descent review....

Vectracious
31st May 2007, 11:11 PM
Geeez, doesn't he go on about the lack of home-grown appeal?
Surely its the opposite? I dont want something with the build quality of our locally built tractors... Id like something that came out of the Opel Performance Centre. Infact, why not save the $80 of badges on the front and back all together and let us have an Opel Astra OPC??

Hehehe yeah - keeps going on about the typical HSV buyer - yeah so in 2017 the car would have dropped in price enough to be affordable to some fat Bogan from Frankston to hoon around in.... :rolleyes:

OPC
31st May 2007, 11:22 PM
pretty good review...

my boss is way taller than him... and when he jumped in i had the seat right down to the floor for him and he had no problems with the height... but he did have problems with the leg room hahahaha

Vectracious
31st May 2007, 11:27 PM
A lot of it comes to different body shapes - eg dad and me are roughly the same height - if I get into his car, I need to move the seat back, but raise the height - I've got longer legs but a shorter upperbody - dare I say it, but Toby Hagon or whatever has got a longer upper body? I've sat in the coupe and had heaps of head room and I'm 6 foot.

Shaun
1st June 2007, 10:41 AM
About time that there was a fair review. Thats about the 4th one i have seen in oz thats been fair and just. Finally though a review were the Golf GTi is used to bench mark against. I totally hate how they Bench Mark everything (That includes Bench marking the GTi Against the XR5 MPS3 Renualt Sport Megane)

KID_SRi
1st June 2007, 11:05 AM
When I was looking buying a VXR, I found the seat adjustments the Same as the "G". I'm 6ft and had no problem what so ever. I think it would be a bit different if Nick (Degen_Astra) drove one, He's 6ft 7in. But remarkably, He could fit & comfortably sit in a BMW Mini Cooper. He just had to have the seat right back.

bornwild
3rd June 2007, 12:34 PM
Hehehe yeah - keeps going on about the typical HSV buyer - yeah so in 2017 the car would have dropped in price enough to be affordable to some fat Bogan from Frankston to hoon around in.... :rolleyes:

hahahahhaahhahahahha too true mate, too true

But anyhow, that guy in the review doesn't know how to set up the seat. I am 6ft and I have, no shit, at least 20cm above my head of free headroom. And I do not drive like a muzza with the seat back and looking through the steering wheel spokes.

But yeah, I offer a blowjob to anyone who'll donate me a brand new VXR :D :angel:

I 'only' have the CDX coupe atm, but I'm gettin there, no worries :D

poita
3rd June 2007, 09:38 PM
KID_SRi, wat exactly is a BMW mini cooper?

Vectracious
3rd June 2007, 10:18 PM
KID_SRi, wat exactly is a BMW mini cooper?

He means the new Mini's. As opposed to the original Leyland Mini's

poita
3rd June 2007, 10:28 PM
ahhhhhhhhh now that makes more sense.
the 'mini' thats as big as a corsa