PDA

View Full Version : Rear Vectra Badge

ZC_74
29th May 2007, 07:03 AM
Well, now I am confused. I spent an eternity putting off removing the rear badge on my car (more because I didn't have anything to put back). I finally have a flash so I decided to take the lion off mine.

In other threads we talked about there being some sort of locating pins or similar. I had always hesitated about taking the badge off and there being holes there because then I would have had to get some serious work done to fix it.

So, I pulled the badge off and put De-Solvit on the glue to get it off. I fitted my new front grille while I was waiting and then went back to get the glue off. Surprise, surprise - no holes nothing. Just a nice clean looking rear end.

So my confusion is this. How do I locate the new badge properly and secondly what do you guys reckon about not putting anything there.

ope126
29th May 2007, 07:34 AM
I never said that there was holes there...

In my opinion, definatley put the Opel Flash on the back. There is too much area and can look abit plain with no badges. ;)

Always welcome to have a look at mine to get the correct location of the centre flash, PM me!

Glenn

btm
29th May 2007, 08:08 AM
its only the astra g that has the 'guide' holes (possibly corsa too??)

ZC_74
29th May 2007, 08:51 AM
This thread that I had started

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7225&highlight=badge+removal

was where I got the 'idea' of holes. Sorry, didn't mean to imply anyone said that they were there.

Dee
29th May 2007, 09:18 AM
the corsa has holes too

tfer had nothing on his rear for a while then suddenly one day there was a flash - i'm not sure how he located it - but it looks straight and in the middle... i'd be asking him :D

reedaaron
29th May 2007, 10:47 AM
what were you looking at his bare rear for? that's naughty :p

Calibrated
29th May 2007, 11:10 AM
the calibra also has holes

auzvectra
29th May 2007, 04:18 PM
so does the veccy b ;)

one2have
29th May 2007, 07:40 PM
Well, now I am confused. I spent an eternity putting off removing the rear badge on my car (more because I didn't have anything to put back). I finally have a flash so I decided to take the lion off mine.

In other threads we talked about there being some sort of locating pins or similar. I had always hesitated about taking the badge off and there being holes there because then I would have had to get some serious work done to fix it.

So, I pulled the badge off and put De-Solvit on the glue to get it off. I fitted my new front grille while I was waiting and then went back to get the glue off. Surprise, surprise - no holes nothing. Just a nice clean looking rear end.

So my confusion is this. How do I locate the new badge properly and secondly what do you guys reckon about not putting anything there.

Hey dude,

My rear end is badgless (the vec C that is!) I reckon it looks a lot better. makes the rear end look a little wider without the badge to break it up.

Besides, I would dread some clown having a go at the blitz with a screwdriver!!

ZC_74
30th May 2007, 03:12 PM
Hey dude,

My rear end is badgless (the vec C that is!) I reckon it looks a lot better. makes the rear end look a little wider without the badge to break it up.

Besides, I would dread some clown having a go at the blitz with a screwdriver!!

Yeah I agree, but as quoted from Pulp Fiction:

Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that asshole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.