PDA

View Full Version : Honda Civic Type RR

Wraith
23rd May 2007, 08:10 PM
Yep, it's not a typo, Honda U.K will be releasing a Honda 'TYPE RR' Civic, a stripped down hi po variant...

I take back what I previously said about the type R Civic, "that it's a good chicks car" :o with the specs of this new type RR hatch, over 190kw and under 1300kg, I like it :D

http://ilias.webatlantis.org/2007/05/14/honda-civic-type-rr/

Not the best link for it, but one of many I found, couldn't get the better one to work for some reason, if anyone's interested go check out the other links on the net :)

aussie_in_london
23rd May 2007, 08:13 PM
you see the price lol

Apex
24th May 2007, 06:57 AM
Nice, would be a lot better with a supercharger, would make the car a lot more drivable in lot more situations and would have been cheaper to build!

I prefer the JDM model. RR:o

I couldn’t find a picture or page but they are bringing a Type RR out that Japanese can buy factory fitted with the Mugan catalog…

Here is a few pictures of the JDM Type R.

http://www.mugen-power.com/street/CIVICTYPE-R/gallery/index.html

Wraith
24th May 2007, 09:14 AM
Yes, the price is ridiculous, or so it's speculated at the moment to be in the Porsche 911 price range :eek: why ??

I don't think a supercharger would be better for it.....it's still only FWD and the test reports I read state it's drive and power down to the ground are excellent, that would be because it's an atmo engine, so torque output remains low, (I think it has less than 230 or 240nm) if it had forced induction, it would suffer the same as all the other hot 4's with FWD...

It'll be an excellent class leading machine for sure, but with it's speculated price tag, I doubt it'll sell very well...

btm
24th May 2007, 09:43 AM
looks farkin ugly IMO

oneightoo
24th May 2007, 09:58 AM
yeah that roof scoop is dumb

btm
24th May 2007, 10:36 AM
dumb with a capital U

blueraven
24th May 2007, 10:38 AM
UGLY as hell, dont care if its got 400hp i wouldnt take one over my astra. (unless i did and sold it immediately for something better).

Greggy
25th May 2007, 07:42 PM
I really dont like the new shape civic at all !! - the last generation R was gorgeous !! - i think this shape is hideous !! and what the hell is happening with that roof scoop thing.............? wrong, wrong, and oh, did I say it was WRONG !

CORZZA
28th May 2007, 09:03 PM
honda pffft!!!

its either opel or toyota! :D