PDA

View Full Version : Astra gets hit by the bling.

Anonymous
6th June 2004, 03:35 PM
I went all out yesterday and got myself new wheels and springs! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The wheels are alexia jestalt 2's, and measure a very reasonable 18 by 7.5.

The springs aren't in yet, so the photo was lowered using paint (notice the absolute dodginess!!!). The springs should go in wednesay. I can't wait! However, the picture is a true indication of how low the car will be.

Enjoy.

http://www.dtmpower.net/ppost2/data/500/1010408SSSLAMMMMEEEDDDD-med.JPG

astra_city
6th June 2004, 04:27 PM
very nice 8)

rjastra
6th June 2004, 04:29 PM
and measure a very reasonable 18 by 7.5

Bit illegal aren't they? More than an inch wider than the widest rim on the tyre placard?

ultim8DTM5
6th June 2004, 06:01 PM
Like I said before, different...I'll wait til I see them in person so I can do my hair in the reflection :D

rjastra- the car rarely gets driven anyway... :P

XXX-1.8T
6th June 2004, 06:51 PM
not my style but yeah 18x7.5 is reasonable especially if its turbo they come stock with 17's so nothing illegal with that

Ive got 18x8's :)

em
6th June 2004, 06:57 PM
not my style but yeah 18x7.5 is reasonable especially if its turbo they come stock with 17's so nothing illegal with that

it not a turbo.....

stock is 15" so 17" is legal.....18" is pushing it....

you need a SRI place card so you dont get into trouble

Anonymous
6th June 2004, 07:33 PM
LOL, care factor = 0

As Pete said, it doesn't get driven much anyway. It is, in every sense, a saturday night car.

In my opinion, everything is illegal unless you dont draw attention to yourself.

Has anyone noticed that most cars to get defected are the ones that draw the most attention to themselves?

I may go about getting an engineers certificate anyway. Wont cost much for rims, as this will be the only thing deemed "illegal" on my car anyway.

em
6th June 2004, 07:39 PM
In my opinion, everything is illegal unless you dont draw attention to yourself.

hmmm do you mean legal or illegal?
em

Anonymous
6th June 2004, 07:45 PM
Nah, everything is illegal. To the cops with attitude that is.

Unfortunately prick cops do exist, and fortunately , some good ones do (had a discussion with a cop about the new speed humps at the rocks last night, lol - got into a debate about what rta deem to be legal height)

anyway, back to my point. If u drive like a spastic, and just act stupid when out cruising, there is no doubt that a cop will pull you over, and depending on whether he's a good cop or a bad cop, your going to bare the grunt, and your going to get defected on every little thing that looks remotely out of place even if its original!

RK
6th June 2004, 07:48 PM
woot! another car with Alexia wheels.. though mine are sexier ;)

Man, if you go as low as that pic, youre gonna be scraping everywhere :S

Hmm.. did you get that from Ozzy Tyres? I saw a black astra there yesterday. I was there with my blue/green Vectra.

Anonymous
6th June 2004, 07:51 PM
Maybe I'm just overeacting here, but why are city's limited to such a small tyre foot print, when turbos can stuff more rubber under their guards?

A little ridiculous seeing that they share the same body - the only difference being the sports suspension and brakes?

I see absolutely no problem getting the rims engineered....

RK
6th June 2004, 07:55 PM
isnt the comparision taken from the base model of the car anyway?

FlySri
6th June 2004, 08:07 PM
Sweet rims!!! Very nice !! :)

Anonymous
6th June 2004, 08:11 PM
Hey RK! Yep, that definately would have been me!

I didnt see your rims on man?

Post pics! 8)

Anonymous
6th June 2004, 10:40 PM
On a side note, I'm most likely the first astra in the world with these rims, and I'm pretty sure that myself and RK would be the only opels in the world that would have them as well :D

Mitch
7th June 2004, 12:19 PM

it not a turbo.....

stock is 15" so 17" is legal.....18" is pushing it....

you need a SRI place card so you dont get into trouble

It's a City so I'm guessing 14" rims as standard.

RK
7th June 2004, 12:27 PM
autumn acid: Did you have 15/16" chrome ones before that? because the one had stock wheels, and then they had 15 or 16" chromes on.. and now this?

Here is a pic of mine. I've got the Alexia Serenitys though. I was getting my struts put in and fixed on Saturday.

http://www.dv8.com.au//rk/vectra/new/RKvectra02.jpg

Anonymous
7th June 2004, 12:41 PM
im in a city, but mine was HBD, so it has 16's as standard, and thats what my tyre placard says :wink: , so i got 17's now and its legal.... i think :oops:

RK
7th June 2004, 01:05 PM
nrma dont care about diamter, they only allow 1" wider than base model of the car. damn insurance companies!

Degen-Astra
7th June 2004, 06:18 PM
im in a city, but mine was HBD, so it has 16's as standard, and thats what my tyre placard says :wink: , so i got 17's now and its legal.... i think :oops:

I checked this out too. 1 inch wider by 2 inches larger diameter. So yes...a City can ride on 18x7's.

City base models come with 14x6's. Some limited editions came with 15x6's and HBD as Samvac has said 16x6's.

Anonymous
7th June 2004, 07:43 PM
Wheels are no problem, already spoken to an engineer. Should be all good. 8)

BY the way, RK, had 17's on before, wanted something more out there, so got the jestalts. BTW SMOOTH CAR MAN. One of the nicest looking vectras around.

RK
7th June 2004, 09:28 PM
thanks man :)

i was actually wondering if the black astra there was part of opelaus. but i didnt see the driver, so i couldnt ask. I was telling my friend that the car looked like a buggy :P cuz it was so high. But it should look sweeeeeeeet when its lowered! :D

Anonymous
8th June 2004, 06:35 PM
LOL, it is a dune buggy atm. tommorow mid day........... hell yeah.

I'll post up some pics when it gets done....