PDA

View Full Version : 1.8 Flash

dfl8ed
23rd May 2007, 02:03 PM
I would like to thank Matt Auzvetra for doing the Flash for my 1.8Astra CDX while I was up in Qld during my holiday's.
I would like to say I did notice some extra drive abilty of the car, pulls well through the gears much much easier. More noticed after 3rpm. On the HWY it was great for overtaking considering the extra weight the car had on the way back(would have equalled 4 passengers) Great pick up from 80kms to 120kms to overtake. Fuel useage was great got 735kms out of 46L using 98ron at 89km avg speed on 6.2l per 100kms. Revs seems to be a little bit lower than previous, cant remember exact at the moment. dont want to post incorrect figures but does sit at 0.8 on idle without A/C on.
I dont have any power figures as not really fussed as I feel the car does drive alot better than before. all that I have done to the car is a K&N panel and deresticted airbox.
If you are willing to spent around $500 on springs or Zorst I think this is the better option 1st.
Feel free to askQ's and once again I would like to thank Matt for going out of his way to meet up with us to get this done.
Brad

InsaneAsylum
23rd May 2007, 02:24 PM
did the flash cost $500 all up?

auzvectra
23rd May 2007, 06:02 PM
the remap is $650 across the board.
glad you like it brad, i was very surprised myself, we were given a sujestion of how much this motor can gain on a remap, but when brad accelerated in 3rd, and i thought it was pulling hard for 2nd, imagine my surprise when i realised it was 3rd not 2nd ;).

Tfer
25th May 2007, 11:36 AM
the remap is $650 across the board.
glad you like it brad, i was very surprised myself, we were given a sujestion of how much this motor can gain on a remap, but when brad accelerated in 3rd, and i thought it was pulling hard for 2nd, imagine my surprise when i realised it was 3rd not 2nd ;).

Good show Matt! ;)

Mainframe_Module
25th May 2007, 12:37 PM
does remapping void the warranty or cause servicing problems?

im sure people have asked this before, but figured id ask anyway :P

Dave
25th May 2007, 04:44 PM
hmm..... ill ask this question, what are the gains? in numbers, not feeilings :P

auzvectra
25th May 2007, 05:03 PM
this is the same question we keep getting asked, if you want a bullshit figure, go ask some1 else that does tunes, but dont expect to get that figure!
every car is different, in the astra turbo, we have seen massive difference between 2 cars of the same spec with just the tune, this is why we do not give any figures.
we saw upto almost 10% differnce in the astra turbo between dyno's and different cars.

another thing that people done seem to understand, forget peak power, it's the power curve change that is the difference.

auzvectra
25th May 2007, 05:04 PM
oh and sorry mainframe, i missed your question out ;).
from what we have been told, holden cannot trace that the file has been changed.

Gildo
25th May 2007, 07:55 PM
how sure are we that holden cant trace it???

vectraguy01
26th May 2007, 12:22 AM
dont holden onl use tech 2, n to my knowledge tech2 only allows to see the problems n change them correctly, i dont believe it can or even has the input on knowing that the ecu file has been changed.

imay
26th May 2007, 01:40 PM
What I have been told is that Holden won't "bother" looking for anything other than error codes with a Tech2. They only delve deeper if there is the need to do it (e.g. checking a suspect premature claim against engine/ecu failure).

However, your insurance company usually asks the question whether there have been any ECU/chip/induction/exhaust mods. And of course if you lie, and get caught out, that can be interpretted as insurance fraud. And no insurance company will ever touch you for any insurance again . . . ever . . . if you have been convicted of this.

Gildo
26th May 2007, 05:25 PM
as mentioned above, holden can find out that the map is loaded when they "Delve deaper" if they need to when there is such a problem as an engine fault.
thats the main concern that i have had, because no one knows the long term effect of such a map, as it will cause extra stress on the engine components.
Prior in my old car, they wanted to claim that my engine was abused and thus why faults have occured (before i had the extractors fitted). they didnt want to fix the parts due to they said there has been extra forces than standard been put on the engine. If this occured with the remap, it deffinantly wouldnt have been fixed......so warenty will be void theoretically

auzvectra
26th May 2007, 06:30 PM
they have no way to read the file, at most it may come up as an unknown software version, which would be seen as a glitch, and reflashed.
but i belive that the tech 2 reads the software version as the same 1.
although we will not garrentee this, as we do the tune at a very low price, so we dont allow for any extra costs, which is why there is a disclaimer.
with any mods to a car there is obviously more strain put on parts, but it's a matter of if the motor can hold it or not.
we are not talking about massive increases in power here also, just think of the turbo kits they sell for them, stock internals!!!
do you think a simple tune will put that much strain on it?

Gildo
28th May 2007, 01:23 AM
very fair point......how would someone in sydney go about gettin the tune?? :)

MatsHolden
28th May 2007, 02:40 AM
However, your insurance company usually asks the question whether there have been any ECU/chip/induction/exhaust mods. And of course if you lie, and get caught out, that can be interpretted as insurance fraud. And no insurance company will ever touch you for any insurance again . . . ever . . . if you have been convicted of this.

Won't be insurance fraud unless the company has paid out a claim. If they find something not listed on the policy when you make a claim then they will most likely void your cover.

auzvectra
28th May 2007, 07:08 AM
i will be able to do 1's in sydney in september when i go to the snow, i will meet up on te way down, get the file from the car, then sent it off to the uk, pick up the new file while i'm down there, and load the new file on the way back.

Dave
28th May 2007, 10:22 PM
so how does this work ? you send off our original file, a guy in the uk mods it and send it back ?

So i take it that this is a tailord job for each car ?

auzvectra
29th May 2007, 04:20 PM
no, i send the file off to get the corect version of file, there are many different versions for the 1.8L
same deal as the turbo was, but the 1.8L has many different version's on files.
i have the version for the most common file, but that leaves 6 others that i have the stock versions for.

bornwild
3rd June 2007, 01:25 PM
Can this be done for the 4sp auto as well?

auzvectra
3rd June 2007, 09:16 PM
yes it can ;).

bornwild
3rd June 2007, 11:33 PM
yes it can ;).

Is the performance gain in the auto worth the 500 buks though?

auzvectra
4th June 2007, 06:23 PM
it's $650, and that question can only be answered by yourself.
i would say more so, as the increase in torque that i felt in brads car was impressive, and would help the auto even more then the manual, not to mention the ease of driving at low rpm.

dfl8ed
5th June 2007, 01:32 AM
Look I cant be happier, it drives much better than standard. Pulls much better through the rev's, no change in fuel usasge if not better.It's much more fun to drive now. If ya are thinking about it, do it. best money mod you can do with actual noticed improvements I feel.

Ice
6th October 2008, 02:24 PM
Is the performance gain in the auto worth the 500 buks though?

its $500 !!!!!! I think its a price worth paying if the reviews are what they say they are.

vectraguy01
6th October 2008, 10:51 PM
it's $650, and that question can only be answered by yourself.
i would say more so, as the increase in torque that i felt in brads car was impressive, and would help the auto even more then the manual, not to mention the ease of driving at low rpm.

There is ur answer Ice!!

cobey
12th November 2009, 02:00 PM
who and where can i get this done ASAP :P in QLD

auzvectra
12th November 2009, 04:38 PM
only for the g, not the h sorry ;).

cobey
12th November 2009, 06:19 PM
oh poo ! any suggestions on anybody else who can do it ?

auzvectra
12th November 2009, 08:34 PM
i'd b lookin to the o/s guys. courntneys ect...