PDA

View Full Version : News from Europe - Signum & Tigra production to end...

MK
21st May 2007, 03:53 PM
Plans are underway to stop production of the Signum and Tigra TwinTop Opel cars...

Sales of Togra TT have fallen almost 60% - this brings Opels designers to take completely new turn in Opels concept for cabriolet (convertible - AUS)) cars.
Opel will concentrate on designing cabriolet cars on the basis of Corsa D (possibly called Corsa CC) this way giving way to cabriolet cars that can accomodate extra passangers, unlike Tigra TT.

Sales of Signum were only 8000 in 2006 (!) Apparently all because of Opels own marketing strategy by placing the Signum in the premium market (luxuru -AUS) but linking the Signum to Vectra (hmmm something similiar to Holden doing the same with Vectra)

Opel announced they will not give up with sales of premuim cars and are already in process of designing a model that will compete in the class of Audi A6\Mercedes E Klass and similiar...

Opels four person small cabriolet (most likely Corsa D CC) will be build in Eisenach and Saragossa plants.

one thing from me is, sad to see the Tigra go...i like the look of them but one thing Holden\Opel missed was sales lost to all the women who wanted\liked the Tigra but could not drive a manual car :(

EL BURITO
21st May 2007, 06:19 PM
one thing from me is, sad to see the Tigra go...i like the look of them but one thing Holden\Opel missed was sales lost to all the women who wanted\liked the Tigra but could not drive a manual car :(

that is true in the UK did the 1.8 ever come with a auto gearbox?

nice looking car but the extra weight and lack of rear space was a turn off

Wraith
22nd May 2007, 01:10 PM
I agree, damn shame to see that beautiful little Tigra go :(

This new model looked soooo much better than the previous one, Opel should've released an auto version, that would definitely have helped :rolleyes:

Oh well, if your interested in one and want it new, I guess you'd better grab one while you can !

No mention of the the AH Astra twin top - I assume it's doing quite well ??

MK
22nd May 2007, 01:19 PM
i work with few ladies and they all have been looking at 'little open sports cars' each one of them either could not drive manual car or had no intention to (even if they could)

everyone in the office knows i am a fan of Opels and have been advising them to go and have a look at the Tigra TT, all have came back and commented on how well it was made and it was exactly what they were looking for but the only issue was the manual gear box and no option for automatic :(

the good outcome is that couple of them are driving the Astra G Convertible but most have gone for the other brands because they offered automatics :(

Yes, definiately Astra TT will stay and Opel is realising this now and will concentrate on designing and marketing cabriolet models that can accommodate four passengers. I can't wait to see the Corsa D CC, should be a great looking car...

Wraith
22nd May 2007, 08:00 PM
Those ladies you mentioned should buy themselves an AH twin top ;)

Costs more but it's worth it and they can have it in an auto :)