PDA

View Full Version : VXR Retrim...

Shaun
19th May 2007, 06:54 PM
VXR in the UK with a full retrim . I like the red stiching in the seats ans the embrodory . Im thinking i may get my seats done with either the VXR or HSV Logo on them. More then likely go for the VXR logo.

http://forum.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?t=22452
Shaun

EL BURITO
19th May 2007, 06:58 PM
that is very sexy

digifish
19th May 2007, 07:55 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t8/ClassicCarServices/blackvxrwithredcentres004.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t8/ClassicCarServices/blackvxrwithredcentres003.jpg

...am I the only one worried by all the tiny imperfections? Wrinkles here and there :(

Nawtee
19th May 2007, 09:09 PM
If you were to get this done to your car Shaun, I personally wouldn't be getting red stitching done with the Arden Blue colour.....

It looks absolutely dead sexy on the black car!!:D

poita
19th May 2007, 11:03 PM
please correct me if im wrong, isnt the owner of this a member here.
and posted these pics when he got it done?

still, bloody nice job. it looks fantastic!

Shaun
20th May 2007, 12:06 PM
Only thing i will be doing is getting the VXR logo done if i do anything.

Calibrated
20th May 2007, 01:07 PM
If you are getting an Arden Blue VXR, then why dont you keep with the Blue theme? and then OPC logo.

my 2c. just makes sense to me.

OPC
20th May 2007, 07:12 PM
If you are getting an Arden Blue VXR, then why dont you keep with the Blue theme? and then OPC logo.

my 2c. just makes sense to me.

that's what id do aswell... but shaun is sticking with HSV VXR

Nawtee
20th May 2007, 07:28 PM
Each to their own. If Shaun wants to put VXR stitching on his seats, it's his choice, he's the one who needs to be happy about his car.
It hasn't even arrived yet, ha ha. :D

lampshade
20th May 2007, 07:30 PM
Why dont you get the blue Alcantara like what Louise done to her Vxr Shaun, looks stunning:eek:

Wraith
20th May 2007, 09:06 PM
Just like that blue VXR posted up not long ago with the custom retrimmed blue interior, that looks fantastic - definitely better than the plain and boring and only choice of black, you have with the VXR.....

This would be one of the first things I'd do with one of these cars - Shaun, go for it, it'll look twice as good and be unique compared to others around ;) you may even want to consider a high quality coloured fabric for the inserts - much, much better longevity and comfort, compared to leather.

Digifish, I too picked up that the finish quality ain't exactly top notch, but with leather interiors, just give it a little time for wear n tear and they end up stretched and wrinkly anyway ;) especially the drivers seat, which gets used more than the rest of the interior !

That's why I prefer leather with cloth inserts, for an 'everyday' car - leave the all leather interiors for the weekend or showcars ;)

Shaun
20th May 2007, 11:36 PM
Why dont you get the blue Alcantara like what Louise done to her Vxr Shaun, looks stunning:eek:

I now exactly what your refering to John... Louise was ment to meet me when i was over in the UK last year but didnt come...

I wanted to see the seats . Maybe next trip over she will come out.. (doubt it now she dont speak to me anymore for some reason)

Im thinking about either a HSV Logo like the Last Clubsport got or the VXR logo instead.. I wont be doing a fully trim though. too costly at this stage. Aussie has done his too....

Miyagi
21st May 2007, 12:33 AM
That just looks amazing... best aftermarket seats (color coordinationwise) i've seen. :)

hrmm go the hsv logo i wreckon... tie the car to the AU market a little more unless you plan on de-badging and going back to full Euro badges. :cool:

Apex
21st May 2007, 11:49 AM
It’s a shame you like so far from me other wise I would have embroidered your VXR logo for free! :)

I do heaps of seats for a local upholsterer, it won’t be cheep as you need to remove your seat covers

Shaun
21st May 2007, 11:56 AM
Well i am flying through NZ in July but an 1.5 hour stop over only both ways to the USA.

HEHE

Shaun
21st May 2007, 02:48 PM
please correct me if im wrong, isnt the owner of this a member here.
and posted these pics when he got it done?

still, bloody nice job. it looks fantastic!

Your refering to Aussie's Car. Being Shane's car. This is a different car . Its actually been done before delivery has taken place from the dealership.

poita
21st May 2007, 11:36 PM
thx shaun, i can now rest peacefully at night ;)

Red AH SRI T
23rd May 2007, 07:58 AM
thats just sexual