View Full Version : HSV VXR Review on Carsales.com

Poogene2001
18th May 2007, 05:26 PM
Click here >>> http://editorial.carsales.com.au/car-review/2617557.aspx

All pretty positive.
Makes me wanna buy one!

Shaun
18th May 2007, 07:48 PM
Ahh Just in time too. 07 stock is about to land in the Dealerships. Mine is due in to the dealership next friday.

Calibrated
18th May 2007, 08:03 PM
i am so glad they make a focal point of mentioning Opel.

stating

Essentially, the VXR is a turn-key product of HSV's European equivalent -- OPC (Opel Performance Centre). As a result, this modified version of the Astra SRi Turbo Coupe sees HSV's input limited to (just about) the exterior badging.

What is not obvious is the HSV link. The VXR's small sporty steering wheel and instrument cluster feature Opel and OPC badges and logos, rather than the local go-fast arm's 'lion and helmet' crest.

Shaun
18th May 2007, 08:13 PM
Very Fair Review.. I know My HSV VXR wont Dissapoint me when i get it .

Calibrated
18th May 2007, 08:19 PM
Very Fair Review.. I know My OPC wont Dissapoint me when i get it .

just a little editing if you dont mind:D...

Shaun
18th May 2007, 08:32 PM
just a little editing if you dont mind:D...

You can edit all you like ..... Two weeks time ill have a HSV VXR / Vauxhall VXR / Opel OPC parked in my driveway...

MatsHolden
18th May 2007, 08:43 PM
I still can't work out why they carried over the VXR name... VXR (Vauxhall Racing)
HSV VXR - Holden Special Vehicles Vauxhall Racing... lol

Calibrated
18th May 2007, 08:48 PM
I still can't work out why they carried over the VXR name... VXR (Vauxhall Racing)

hahahaha:D:D:D

Shaun
18th May 2007, 10:06 PM

I cant believe the above post. Do you guys not recall Thats Vauxhall imported the GTO . The VXR Is apart of that deal. HSV Imported the VXR under the VXR There would be an Aggrement somewhere about the name. Plus the name HSV VXR Sounds Better then the HSV OPC.
As for the OPC Dash. its in KM . The Vauxhall VXR dash is in MPH with a smaller Marking of KM to the centre of the cluster.

wishbone
19th May 2007, 01:16 AM
wow, can't wait to see the pics of ur car. 6 days to go!
i'm excited and we've never even talked :P

Shaun
19th May 2007, 07:52 AM
Thanks Wishbone. The ETA was End of June into the country. Then got a phone car at the start of this month and was told it would arrive in the country @ the end of may on the dock. Now the ETA is 25.5.07 in the dealership. But i could turn up earlier in the week. once its in they will ring me.. The it should take about a week for me to get it by the time PD and finance is sorted out.

Once i get it ill post up some pics

Wynnston
20th May 2007, 07:51 PM
Good thing you're not in WA, they are realy under the pump at the fitout place in kewdale. I got stuffed around with waiting for my SRi, it ended up arriving 2 months after the original ETA at the dealership.