PDA

View Full Version : Got followed home by some seedy F***er!

Huhness
16th May 2007, 10:04 PM
Was at a set of lights and this seedy bastard pulls up beside me and starts staring at my girlfriend and making her nervous and uneasy theres parked car ahead of him and i need to pull into a street on the left 500m down the road, so i pull out ahead of him no major deal didn't need to plant my foot or anything and here comes this loser right up behind me.. i'm talking less than one meter! :eek: about 200m of this and i've had enough so i speed up to 80km/h (in 60 zone) and he pulls up still right behind..

Anyway i pull into left lane to turn and so does he still less than a meter behind and i'm starting to get worried as i've seen how this can end up first hand before and i have heard stories from friends.. instead of pulling in i casually start driving around backstreets and leading him around making sure not to stop too long while my girlfriend calls her dad to come out the front with a nice long piece of 4x2.. once he gives me the all clear i start heading back but the dipshit he pulls away once we get onto the main road again all the while he was riding less than a meter from the back of my car!

What is up with these losers i have seen people like this before where people stop at the lights and the thugs get out and start smashing the car and pulling people out! Happened to a friend on his bucks party!

Pretty happy it turned out the way it did though! cos pulling into the front of my girlfriends house was a last resort thing!

Has anyone else been in this situation and what did you do?? :confused:

poita
16th May 2007, 10:08 PM
i thinku did teh right thing man, dont stop so they dont have a chance to do anything.
and drive to an area you are familiar with so you can possibly lose them.
creepy ****ers. nothing better to do

Shaun
16th May 2007, 10:19 PM
Yeah have had the same thing happen to a mate of mine with his RX7 once before. I find the best thing to do is to lead them to the Local Police station. The take off rather quick when you do that. Esp if you pull up and have an officer thats about to Jump in your car with you who happens to be a relation. hehe

Huhness
16th May 2007, 10:20 PM
seems like he was just out there looking to make trouble.. Really scared my girlfriend but we'd seen it happen before while walking home from the pub right outside her place a few times.. its the bloody servo they hang out at some nights.. :mad:

Shaun
16th May 2007, 10:25 PM
Nothing better to do with there time it seems...

ynmakr
16th May 2007, 10:26 PM
Ya did good mate especially when you have precious cargo on board,:clap: don't risk it. There is a lot of craziness goin' on at the moment, ie people gettin' car jacked and shot ect... next time, pull up at a cop shop.;)

Mainframe_Module
16th May 2007, 10:49 PM
thats scary :(

but yeah, id lock the doors and head to a police station.

Huhness
16th May 2007, 11:14 PM
Thanks guys.

Was thinking about the police station but there were too many sets of lights between me and them.. just drove around the back streets and zig zaged between streets, he probably got sick of it in the end.

i can't believe how much crazy stuff is happening on the roads lately just before this happened my girlfriend was telling me about some guy getting shot in melbourne because of some road rage incident.. and yea lots of car jackings near greenacre :rolleyes: not a place i'd be driving through at night..

love the central locking on the astra though always lock the doors before i start the car.. ;)

My best advice to anyone in this situation is to stay calm and don't let them know your scared. All they are looking for is a thrill.. (as sad as it may seem) as soon as you react and start trying to get away from them they react by getting more and more excited, as soon as i sped up he was right behind closer than before.. but after doing some happy laps of the neighborhood obviously it wasn't thrilling anymore..

EL BURITO
16th May 2007, 11:23 PM
was it my old alto in Karratha, pulled out onto a street and car comes out of no were tail gateing me. so i panic (only had licence less than a month) dive around into shoping center car park and end up getting stuck in a corrner. Wanker gets out of his rusty old ford, i try to lock the door it wont. he rip it open an hits me several in the face. gets back in his car an drives away. I then drive to Policestation in no fit state to drive and black out.

Was not good at all. the guy got a $1200 fine but i still had a shiner and other marks least it wasnt worse.

hate speds like this nothing better to do with there time.

Noir
16th May 2007, 11:41 PM
What a pathetic idiot trying to intimidate you.

That happened to me once, a complete wanker following me. Tailgating then shot in front of me and braking quickly on and off. What he did not count on was the car a couple of lengths back being my ex (then bf)...we sandwiched the bastard and started to follow him for a couple of kms. No way in hell would I attempt it now days. Drive with the doors locked.

Vectracious
16th May 2007, 11:54 PM
I've noticed a lot more people acting like assholes now that I have the WRX compared to when I had the Vectra - like I've automatically done something to them.

Had some bumpkin and his toothless mate in his big Ford F-150 tailgate me for about 2km because I dared turn left into a street before him (he was turning right) - I locked the doors, and started driving the back way towards the cop shop so I couldnt get stopped at lights - they gave up in the end and turned off when they realised I was just driving around.

Greggy
17th May 2007, 12:07 AM
thats scary sh*t !..........dont know how I would react to be honest....if i was on my own I guess one reaction and another if i had my missus in the car with me.......either way, would head for the cop shop.........what kicks do people get out of this - its beyond me !

blueraven
17th May 2007, 12:29 AM
has happened to me before too..wont go into the details but managed to lose the guy on a roundabout.

these days if anyone is up my ass they get the foglight, bright as hell and annoying. i have had people so close that you cant even tap the brake because i know they will hit me. (a light tap on the brake is good though if you do have enough room).

otherwise the astra can put serious distance between anyone if it needs too.

BennyC
17th May 2007, 12:38 AM
If your familiar with the area then head to you local cop shop. If your not in your area try and find something like a servo - bright lights, cameras, witnesses etc - and dont be affraid to call 000. If someone is attempting to intimidate you using their car, well its against the law, so get on the phone. Better to be safe than sorry and the police wont mind helping out.

MK
17th May 2007, 06:55 AM
its funny how many people turn to police in time of need ;)

sorry to hear about your incident mate!

it happens to me on regular basis, especially with P platers when i drive at a speed limit and they just want to be in front of everyone! quite funny actually!

same as anyone else when i have my GF with me i just take it easy and make sure i look for a bus or large semi...i merge in front of them leaving the tail gater no option and either he drives off (beacuse he cant fit between the bus and my car) or go in front of me... if i get the lights and he is still in front i quickly pull over to the side of the road when the lights turn green, he has no choice but to move on :)

i hate any kind of agression so most of the time i try and avoid people like that...

InsaneAsylum
17th May 2007, 08:28 AM
i've had a few sticky situations in the past, you get shaken up but then you get over them.

you handled it well... you just don't know what people have under their seat and sometimes it's better not to call their bluff.

some people pick on modified cars or sports cars or whatever because they're jealous. i was entering a freeway once on a 2 lane onramp, pulled in to the right lane to overtake a mazda 121 who was doing about 50km/h, before i knew it he'd swerved in front of me and was waving his fists and sticking his finger up, i managed to ease past him once on the freeway, but it just made me wonder what the point of doing that was

Wraith
17th May 2007, 09:06 AM
In all my years of driving a similar thing has happened to me twice, but in both cases, it was an undercover cop.......at least that's what I think they were, why me - don't know, they just followed me around for 5-10min. finally pulling me over with portable sirens and coming along side me and flashing their law badges, as I still refused to stop, thinking it was a lunitic of some kind :mad:

Once stopped they didn't even approach, no explanation, nothing, just drove off again :confused:

So like I said why me and/or what for what reason who knows :confused:

Has anyone else encountered this kind of thing ??

These days I'm 'well equipped' won't mention here in what way exactly, but it's a bit better than a piece of 2x4 :D to deal with the sort of encounter that happened to Hughness.....:mad:

Huhness
17th May 2007, 09:28 AM
In all my years of driving a similar thing has happened to me twice, but in both cases, it was an undercover cop.......at least that's what I think they were, why me - don't know, they just followed me around for 5-10min. finally pulling me over with portable sirens and coming along side me and flashing their law badges, as I still refused to stop, thinking it was a lunitic of some kind :mad:

Once stopped they didn't even approach, no explanation, nothing, just drove off again :confused:

This happened to my girlfriends brother in victoria but it was a marked police car, is that sometthing that the police do there? He said they followed him almost all the way back to where he was staying but didn't stop him just pulled infront after following him for 10 minutes.. Keeping an eye on the Sydney siders i suppose.. :rolleyes:

btm
17th May 2007, 09:36 AM
i carry a 12 guage for these kind of situations :p

InsaneAsylum
17th May 2007, 09:56 AM
i carry a 12 guage for these kind of situations :p

do you have a license for said 12 gauge? :D

oneightoo
17th May 2007, 10:06 AM
had it happen to me once..

i dipshit in an old commo starred at me at the lights.. then took off when the lights went green, i stayed next to him long enough for him to have brake and pull in behind me.. he tailgated me.. i was doing 65ish, he was about a metre behind me, so i flicked the headlights on, and you should have seen him brake hard lol.. the dickhead thought i was braking.. he then flew up behind me again, tailgating again.. so i slowed to about 30km/h.. he started honking his horn and flashing his lights and yelling out his window.. i didnt give a shit tho.. he was trying to intimidate me, so i gave it back.. next set of lights he pulls up next to me yelling at me again, telling me to pull over at the next side street, i told him no worries mate, i'll see ya there and laughed at him and called him a pussy loser who has abandament issues.. lol he just floored it, i let him go.. made me smile, and my mate in the car thought it was hilarious..

prolly not a very smart thing for me to do.. but i just dont let dickheads intimidate me on the road or off it..

btm
17th May 2007, 10:10 AM
do you have a license for said 12 gauge? :D

i do actually :)

robramjet
17th May 2007, 10:45 AM
Coincidentally, I was out with the wife and baby in the back last Sunday, first time out for a drive in the new car, on Homebush Bay Drive where there are 3 lanes each side of the road. I was in the centre lane, stopped at lights. I was still trying out all the bits and bobs on the car and pressed the horn lightly. The wife then tells me that the three guys in the battered old car next to me at the lights are all staring me out of it! I told her to ignore them, but they kept driving alongside staring over, and then pulled in front of me and started braking. I just slowed right down, pulled over into the left lane and tried to manouevre so some other cars were between us until they got fed up and sped ahead. Bunch of dickheads, especially with a baby in the car...

Wraith
17th May 2007, 01:07 PM
i do actually :)

Me too - I have a 'short arms' licence - nuff said, except maybe "psychos out there, beware" :mad:

shoey85
17th May 2007, 02:28 PM
we all got followed on an opelaus WA cruise once, Commonwhore driver

JasonGilholme
17th May 2007, 02:50 PM
I've been followed before. Pretty frightening experience. I used to do the whole braking technique but i just ignore them now. I think the braking technique just makes things worse.

i shake my head at them and that usually deters them enough or makes them speed off and leave me alone.

I had a dude in a skyline follow me once (while i was in my honda). I took off with some pace @ a set of lights and he was a few cars back.

he decided that he needed to tail gate me. I just ignored him but at the next set of traffi lights he though that he needed to make an example of my by beating me in a drag race lol. He pulled up next to me and his make leant out the window and said "We'll race ya for slips!!" and they all started laughing. i had a bit of a chuckle and said "Righto Mr Fast and Furious, calm down, why would i want ya skyline???" and they just pissed off after that lol.

Calibrated
17th May 2007, 03:56 PM
i had something similar aswell, when i had my corsa..and the guy following was in a Golf 4 GTi, so pulling away from him wasnt an option.

Fortunately i know my area like the back of my hand, so i was flying through side streets, and eventually lost him. was not funny at all.

InsaneAsylum
17th May 2007, 04:07 PM
why would i want ya skyline???

ahahahahahaha pwn3d

oneightoo
17th May 2007, 04:13 PM
These days I'm 'well equipped' won't mention here in what way exactly, but it's a bit better than a piece of 2x4 :D to deal with the sort of encounter that happened to Hughness.....:mad:

this is my self defence "item"

http://www.westafricaimports.com/slingshot.jpg

Calibrated
17th May 2007, 04:18 PM
i used to keep a spare bicycle handle bar under my seat.

oneightoo
17th May 2007, 04:20 PM
i used to keep a spare bicycle handle bar under my seat.

http://www.orlyowl.com/orly.jpg

Calibrated
17th May 2007, 04:25 PM
hahaha......

Huhness
17th May 2007, 04:38 PM
http://www.orlyowl.com/orly.jpg

i take your O RLY? and raise you..

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4636/owlorry6oe.jpg

:D

i don't think i'll start carrying anything in my car quite yet as cops feel the need to strip cars looking for stuff to charge people with around here..

Wraith
17th May 2007, 04:46 PM
this is my self defence "item"

http://www.westafricaimports.com/slingshot.jpg

hahahaha love it :D

Just make sure you don't get yourself all tangled up with the stretchy bit of that sling shot, can happen in the tight confines of the drivers seat...

Oh and make sure it's loaded up with a 'tombowla' (big marble) and aim for the knackers :D :D

JasonGilholme
17th May 2007, 05:06 PM
Oh and make sure it's loaded up with a 'tombowla' (big marble) and aim for the knackers :D :D

...you're evil....but they'll probably deserve it lol.

btm
17th May 2007, 05:33 PM
i still like my 12 guage better :p

poita
17th May 2007, 05:57 PM
steering wheel lock is the best thing to have in your car.
its not like you have a weapon, your jsut concerned about the safety of your car ;)

blueraven
17th May 2007, 06:10 PM
Pfft..keep a baseball bat in your car...just make sure there is a baseball in the glovebox ;)

but seriously, hopefully it should never come to that. If all else fails, just remember that your car is fully insured, and your body isnt. If some pushes you far enough to fear for your life, i am sure a quick side swipe will change their mind about things (provided they are being dicks and not actually trying to hurt you...at which point running them into oncoming traffic will work better :) )

xplosv57
17th May 2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah i think this has happened to most people, happened to me a few times, once in my RX7, some dipsh1t cut us off on purpose twice so we stopped in the middle of Princes hwy (for you Vics playing at home) and he tried to threaten us!!!

Fortunately (for him hehe), we then heard another voice from behind which was a copper which pulled us over, checked over both cars, and d1cked the other guy for drink driving!!!!!!!!!

Me 1 - Losers 0

ynmakr
17th May 2007, 08:01 PM
....you know you can apply to the Victims of crime compensation board for around $10,000 if the police catch the offender in these crimes....just a bit of info.;)

WLD-18L
17th May 2007, 08:20 PM
Its happend to me also. coming home from work along a service road next to St.kilda road. the speed limit is 60 and i had my cruise control set on 60. The dude in a saab wagon wasent tailgating me but once it opend up into two lanes he decides to boot it and give me a mouth full us he went past. i said **** that and chucked it down to 3rd and got next to him and just looked at him he glacned over at him and i just kept looking at him then when he noticed i was staring at me he looks at me. so i swerved right at him..probably only half a meter from him.. he kinda got scared and drove off i think. i was angry...... and was waiting for him to get out of his car at the next set of lights. luky he didnt coz there probably would of been a punch on in the middle of st. kilda road in peak hour taffic

Looking back i probably shouldnt of done anything and just let the idiot drive off. i could of caused an accident or anything by swerving at him.

I also have a sorta good story which can sorta realate to this. i was on my way to trade school and i was in the middle lane (3 lanes) at a set of lights and had to get to the left lane. next to me was a vxr i was looking at his car and he was looking at mine. light went green and i gave it a tad to get infront of the car on my left and the dude in the vxr must of thought i was trying to race him. he booteed it and went off like a rocket and sounded nice as..... i just had a smile on my face thinking thats an awsome car....

Wraith
18th May 2007, 08:29 AM
....you know you can apply to the Victims of crime compensation board for around $10,000 if the police catch the offender in these crimes....just a bit of info.;)

That's certainly good to know ;)

But if it involves lengthy court cases etc. and more exposure to the 'nut case' in question, I'd be reluctant to go down that track :rolleyes:

Would rather just kill the bastard in the first place :D I like BR's suggestion above, just push him into oncoming traffic :D

Tfer
18th May 2007, 10:24 AM
I have had tailgaters from time to time, and interestingly, mostly Commowhores :eek: for some stupid reason or another :(

And I am also very much aware of the geographical location that I find myself driving in..... and this guides me towards how I actually am seen to drive (ie. I drive very sedately in some of the more lower socio-economic suburbs in Bris Vegas).... this sort of things scare the crap out of me, especially if I have someone else in the Veccy with me :eek:

I always drive with all doors locked, as there are just too many incidents of car jacking these days for my liking ;)

I also avoid eye contact at all costs, wherever possible, as it is a known fact the eye contact can inflame the situation :cool:

Other times, I have be very visible in writing down the numberplate of the "offender" and making sure he/she/it knows I have a mobile phone (ie. wave the damn thing at them) ;)

And if all else fails, the Veccy has very, very long legs (proven on my own private runway)...... longer than a lot of the wankers' rides out there ;)

Tfer
18th May 2007, 10:30 AM

So like I said why me and/or what for what reason who knows :confused:

Has anyone else encountered this kind of thing ??

This happened to my girlfriends brother in victoria but it was a marked police car, is that sometthing that the police do there? He said they followed him almost all the way back to where he was staying but didn't stop him just pulled infront after following him for 10 minutes.. Keeping an eye on the Sydney siders i suppose.. :rolleyes:

I actually had a situation where a plain clothes Police Car assisted me out of a situation on the M1 one very late night..... he/she/they got between us and forced the offender off the M1 away from me (and my passenger).... obvious not all are the same ;)

gman
18th May 2007, 10:42 AM
Would rather just kill the bastard in the first place :D I like BR's suggestion above, just push him into oncoming traffic :D

Remember the law basically says that you can only use that force which is reasonable to defend yourself....So you can't use a gun if they have a knife etc...Easy answer, carry a spare to plant on 'em.. ;)

On a serious note, I had this in my old STi and I was very lucky...Called the cops and had them on the phone..Idiot behind me actually tapped my rear bumper just as 4 cop cars got there...

2 dirty mongrels in jail...Charged them with drive in a manner dangerous, assault with a deadly weapon (motor vehicle), menacing driving (NSW road rage statute), carry concealed weapon (firearm -loaded shotgun solid slugs, loaded .45 pistol and a machette), unauthorised firearm etc, resist arrest and drug offences too.

Apparently these guys has taken 5 or 6 other WRX's over a couple of weeks back when they were being stolen every night.

Seriously don't give anyone a reason, its not worth it....As a long arm and short arm shooter (I own 9 licensed firearms from 9mm pistols to a .300 Winchester Magnum rifle) and being country raised I've seen what a 12 gauge solid slug and a .45 can do...A car door isn't going to present much of a problem and some meth freak isn't really going to care if they shoot you....

Call the cops, keep driving and wait till they get there. Even tell them you saw them holding a gun and they will get there double time..I was very lucky, I've done the brake testing thing, that time they could have shot me....Not worth it just for a car.....

oneightoo
18th May 2007, 10:57 AM
I also avoid eye contact at all costs, wherever possible, as it is a known fact the eye contact can inflame the situation :cool:

sometimes..

where i grew up, if you didnt make eye contact with people, thats when the trouble started..

Tfer
18th May 2007, 11:19 AM
sometimes..

where i grew up, if you didnt make eye contact with people, thats when the trouble started..

Yeah grant that.... I suppose each situation is different, but this advice is the "general" advice actually promoted by the Police and other "experts" regarding Road Rage :)

JasonGilholme
18th May 2007, 11:48 AM
Its weird when you get to a set of lights and you dunno what they're gonna do. I always make a back up plan though. ie run the red light, stop further back so theres room to pull out etc. I'd probably even resort to doing a burn out ont he spot just to scare them if they got out of their car. lol

oneightoo
18th May 2007, 12:00 PM
lol that's be a good idea.. they get out of the car, you light them up and swing the back into them, knocking them unconcious, then you tie them up, throw them in the boot, when they wake up they can carry the bag of lime while you carry the shovel........

or am i getting carried away?

JasonGilholme
18th May 2007, 12:01 PM
..........riiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhttttttttt :p

gman
18th May 2007, 12:06 PM
Its moments like these you need a Taser gun...Its amazing how 10,000 volt will make someone a mite less frisky..... :D

Wraith
18th May 2007, 12:31 PM
Its moments like these you need a Taser gun...Its amazing how 10,000 volt will make someone a mite less frisky..... :D

When I said I was well equipped to deal with situations like this, the above is exactly what I meant ;) pays to have mates in the security and law enforcement business :)

Like you, I too have a short arm licence, but seriously won't resort to that kind of force ;)

blueraven
18th May 2007, 01:10 PM
i used to have an 80k tazer... till a mate of mine shocked himself and broke it (when he shocked himself he accidentallY threw it against a wall...funny as helL, but he broke the thing :( ).

heading back to south africa in a month or two where you can buy these practically in Kmart for about $100. wonder how hard it would be to get it thru customs..last time i brought stuff like that through customs was pre- 911, and i dare they they a re a bit more picky these days..

(though i guess it would look like an electric razor..and would be hard to spot next to my razor, psp, ipod, mobile etc :D )

Wraith
18th May 2007, 01:25 PM
Yeh, you won't have much luck with that Nik........

It'll be confiscated for sure !

gman
18th May 2007, 01:50 PM
I had one too....Lost it somewhere...Now I wish I had another one for sure....

oneightoo
18th May 2007, 01:51 PM
you're better off posting it to yourself..

Wraith
18th May 2007, 02:01 PM
Great idea :) might just work too ;)

gman
18th May 2007, 02:34 PM
Make it 2..... ;)

Calibrated
18th May 2007, 02:47 PM
heading back to south africa in a month or two where you can buy these practically in Kmart for about $100. wonder how hard it would be to get it thru customs..last time i brought stuff like that through customs was pre- 911, and i dare they they a re a bit more picky these days..

You going to Durban?

I will be in cape town from 16June - 21July.

If you put it in checked baggage it would be ok i assume?

a friend of mine owns a security shop, i can get those for around $60.

opal
18th May 2007, 03:00 PM
i'd rather just mace the b*stards.

about 3 months ago at 3am i was at the lights with a guy on a harley. we both sped off... then i didnt see him for a while until 4-5 lights later when there were no other cars around. he started swerving at me and waving his finger. at first i was packing cause he had this fluorescent skull mask on and looked real creepy. 3 lights later (he kept following me) i was getting really annoyed as he kept cutting in and slowing/speeding etc- i felt like ramming him and reversing over a few times :) or going to a cop shop like already mentioned. not long after he turned off. i was really pissed off cause i didnt even know what it was all about!

WLD-18L
18th May 2007, 05:04 PM
it seems like we have a few shooters in the opelaus communinity ! i also obtain a A and B longarms licence. but for a bit of protection in my car i carry a 300mm long piece of 240 square mm elecrtical cable (im a sparky)
its real heavy and a good length to swing lol. plus if i get busted ill just say ' ey bro its for my hectic sub woofer ' lol

Huhness
20th May 2007, 09:42 AM
it seems like we have a few shooters in the opelaus communinity ! i also obtain a A and B longarms licence. but for a bit of protection in my car i carry a 300mm long piece of 240 square mm elecrtical cable (im a sparky)
its real heavy and a good length to swing lol. plus if i get busted ill just say ' ey bro its for my hectic sub woofer ' lol

Ha Ha is it all sparkys that carry this?? My girlfriends dad has a piece in his van, hes told me all these stories of using it. Went to town on some guys car once and smashed the windscreen in one blow. :clap: I was looking at it while working with him few months ago and he showed it to me.. jesus i didn't know cable got that big.. 2x4 has nothing on this!

AF1R
20th May 2007, 02:39 PM
sometimes..

Speaking of eye contact, able 3 weeks ago i was parked outside my girls house accross the road waiting for her, her house is only 3 house from the end of the street.

Now im in the car and this blue Honda Jazz turns into the street and slowwy drives by like the guy is either lost or looking for some street.

Now bc teh car is slowly driving by i look at the driver thinking he needs directions or sum shit cos he was looking at me. This dude also had his little kid brother inthe car also (im guessing its his kid brother)

About 10mins later the car is comming down agian from the opposite direction (slowly i might say) , pulls up to my car, downs the window and starts swearing at me saying why was i looking at him, the kid is gone btw, so i know he lives somewhere in the area.
Like WTF!!!
I was shocked, didnt know wat to do, i was like "dude you were looking at me first, i saw you cruise slowly by my car", he goes on for another 10 seconds swearing at me and drives off.
Gawd i hate honda drivers.

WLD-18L
20th May 2007, 04:42 PM
About 10mins later the car is comming down agian from the opposite direction (slowly i might say) , pulls up to my car, downs the window and starts swearing at me saying why was i looking at him, the kid is gone btw, so i know he lives somewhere in the area.
Like WTF!!!
I was shocked, didnt know wat to do, i was like "dude you were looking at me first, i saw you cruise slowly by my car", he goes on for another 10 seconds swearing at me and drives off.

what a weirdo

JasonGilholme
20th May 2007, 08:36 PM

Gawd i hate opel drivers :p

Its just some people champ. Changes from city to city. Most people up QLD way are alot more relaxed then those in syd and melb.

Lucky he didn't get out of his car or anythin.

03sriturbo
21st May 2007, 12:41 PM
A while ago I was once driving home along the west link and got to the bunnings at parra road and milton st... i was going along milton, the road merges to one lane, i was in the left lane and had to merge... as i am about to move across a 00' prelude and a pulsar were flying down the right lane. I end up with this prelude on my side and start to squeeze myself in as i'm running out of road. I end up in front and then he's on my ass, so i sit my foot on the brake so he thinks i'm slowing to make him back off and the cars in front start to put a bit of ground between us. This idiot decides to go on the other side of the road and try to overtake me... so as he does he gets next to me and i planted it to stop him from getting in front so he can't overtake, he pulls behind again. I slow up again to the speed limit and he is swerving in the lane, right on my ass, flashing his lights, etc. I was now determined to keep this idiot behind me but was still conscious of the fact that he is with the pulsar and may get out once we stop. As we are approaching a set of lights down the road a bit the traffic is stopped as the lights are red.... so i slowed down to a roll and went back to first. The lights changed and the road goes into two lanes (this is just before liverpool road going along milton street) i pull into the left lane and he follows, the lights ahead were green but there is a red light camera there. I plant it down the left heading for the back of the car infront and hooked it in front of a taxi in the right lane, i thought the gap was closing but the cabby got spooked and slowed up so this guy was able to follow... so as i am approaching the lights i slow down to 40 and as i get closer i am getting slower... finally the lights went amber and i floored it through the lights at the last minute and he was forced to stop. I sped through some back streets home and covered my car once i got home.

To tell you the truth I should've just let him go but my ego got in the way... I suppose it was lucky the situation ended the way it did and not having an accident or getting stuck with the guys getting out of their car or even following me home.

bornwild
3rd June 2007, 01:40 PM
Yes, been there. I ended up in a jail cell over night and the ****er ended up in a 2-night hospital stay.

It was a group of 2 yobbos who had the balls to get out of their car at the lights and approach me. One ended up losing a testicle and broken eye socket while the other had torn ligaments on his knee. I have a criminal record now, but it was worth it.

WLD-18L
3rd June 2007, 05:38 PM
Yes, been there. I ended up in a jail cell over night and the ****er ended up in a 2-night hospital stay.

It was a group of 2 yobbos who had the balls to get out of their car at the lights and approach me. One ended up losing a testicle and broken eye socket while the other had torn ligaments on his knee. I have a criminal record now, but it was worth it.

Good on you, if anyone exits their vehical after a roadrage situation they desrve everything they get. buy getting out the car they asked for it.