PDA

View Full Version : AH Stearing rack replaced under warrenty! READ

Gildo
16th May 2007, 07:07 PM
hey guys
had an interesting week with my car (AH astra 3 door)

basically for a while the steering wasnt feeling 100%, and started to get sticky while braking.
the other nite while entereing a corner the steering wheel locked, and almost had a major accident, but got of the brakes and powerd through the corner and just made it.

basically i went to holden and explained the situation and they jumped on it straight away as there could have been a nice law case if i had crashed.

they replaced my stearing rack as there was a leak in the system, and now is perfect back to normal....

anyone else had this problem?

digifish
16th May 2007, 08:05 PM
hey guys
had an interesting week with my car (AH astra 3 door)

basically for a while the steering wasnt feeling 100%, and started to get sticky while braking.
the other nite while entereing a corner the steering wheel locked, and almost had a major accident, but got of the brakes and powerd through the corner and just made it.

basically i went to holden and explained the situation and they jumped on it straight away as there could have been a nice law case if i had crashed.

they replaced my stearing rack as there was a leak in the system, and now is perfect back to normal....

anyone else had this problem?

Glad to see you are OK,

I suppose you are a bit silly for continuing to drive with wierd streering symptoms under braking :P

Did they explain how the leak caused the streering to lock...and what sort of lock? just lose power or you mean locked as in not moving?

digifish

EL BURITO
16th May 2007, 08:41 PM
supried it happand in the AH rather than the fogging you gave the XC

Gildo
17th May 2007, 01:40 PM
hehehehehhe
they explained it as a manufacturing fualt and appologised.
hehehe the XC had plenty other problems d/w lol

Wynnston
20th May 2007, 08:03 PM
I have seen / heard this occuring before, its one of the high pressure hoses blowing off, it will temporarily lock/jam up your steering, actually its like reversing the power steer system. I would say you had a little leak folowed by the hose blowing out. Happened on my mates veccy its not a pleasant experience on a bend doing 100km/h.