PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys!

robramjet
15th May 2007, 02:58 PM
Afternoon to you all.

Pretty much I'm here because I've just been shafted up the arse by my Holden dealer. I just moved up to an Astra CD Wagon from an Astra Classic Hatch (the new arrival in the family needed a bit more space for all her stuff!). I went back to the same dealer, thinking my loyalty would pay dividends. Turned out the build plate, or should I say build "sticker" from my Classic had mysteriously gone AWOL, and despite coming to an agreement with the dealer, he demanded $2k extra from me at the eleventh hour, 2 minutes before I thought I would be driving out of the lot in my new car, before he would hand the keys over to me. Claimed the lack of build sticker devalued the car by $2000. I should also point out that I bought my Classic brand new from the same dealership 18 months ago!

Anyway, it's a long story which only gets me angry every time I think about it. I didn't end up coughing up an extra $2k, but I did end up paying a bit more than agreed, just to get finished with them.

So, not being a big car expert, and to be honest not even knowing there was a build sticker in the car to begin with, I've decided to get a bit interested in what I'm driving. So here I am! :)

Rob

Ishley
15th May 2007, 03:32 PM
Welcome, there will be plenty of imformation for you here.

Atleast now you can just enjoy the car. :)

bigmick
15th May 2007, 04:00 PM
welcome m8...sorry to hear of the unfortunate incident...loyalty pfffft...

btm
15th May 2007, 04:10 PM
what an intro :D

welcome dude!

Tfer
15th May 2007, 04:12 PM
Hey there robramjet.... welcome to Opelaus. Sorry to hear about your bad news, but you have come to the right place for information on your ride. :D

ynmakr
16th May 2007, 02:01 PM
..I'm a newbie myself, I can tell you that this is a wonderful forum. Everybody is friendly and always willin' to help...:dance:

Welcome mate:)

Carl

PaulyJ
17th May 2007, 12:43 AM
Welcome to OA Rob.
Sorry to hear about your idiot dealer, but at the end of the day, he's now going to have trouble selling the car, and you have a new one.
All the best with it, and whatever info you need, its here.

EL BURITO
17th May 2007, 12:58 AM
hi mate.

Is it going to get rebadged?

saw exact same with opel badges looks heaps bigger even if the rear badge looks the size of a dinner plate