PDA

View Full Version : Holden Service Poor

Vectra V6
7th May 2007, 06:22 PM
The VXR had the 3000k service today and I have to say the service from Holden is piss poor. There have been numerous occassions where the rear lights have fogged up with condensation. Also somehow a bug managed to somehow breach the right rear light and is clearly visible. I told Holden of my problem and they said that they would address it. On pickup they told me that they could not do anything because they needed physical proof. They advised me to bring the car in when the lights are fogged up. Now how practical is that? It generally occurs after a chilly night or after rain, and after driving the car for 10 minutes the condensation evapourates. How the hell do they expect anyone to give them pyhsical proof? C'mon that is dodgy.
I suggested taking photos with my rego number visible and they won't even accept that.... I even showed them a thread from VXR online disscussing the problem and proving to them that it is a common problem.... So then i pointed out that there has to be a breach in the seal since there is a bug clearly visible? I was then told that, the bug will not affect the light and therefore is not an issue, but isn't that proof that there is a breach somewhere? I argued constantly and for what? Had valid points which they rejected without any backing. They are like a brick wall and I honestly wasted my time.... they seriously don't think much of you.

Do i jeopardise the warrantly if i take it to another dealer?

stevedee3
7th May 2007, 06:26 PM
Do i jeopardise the warrantly if i take it to another dealer?Nope. You could could also try ringing Holden customer service to see what they have to say - chances are they'll know more about the vehicles than the dealer.

Mainframe_Module
7th May 2007, 06:37 PM
what dealer was it?

Vectra V6
7th May 2007, 06:38 PM
Heartland Parra...

Mainframe_Module
7th May 2007, 07:29 PM
i think red srit from here works there, cause ima see him when i go to buy my astra in june

MatsHolden
7th May 2007, 08:07 PM
Taking your car to another Holden dealer will not void your manufacturers 3 year/100000km warranty, but it will void a dealer 6 year extended warranty if you have organised that...

On the light issue with the condensation, it's a common occurance on AH Astra Coupes (not sure about the 5door). My old man told his dealer about it on his AH Turbo and they replaced it without question. But it still gets condensation in it occasionally.

EL BURITO
7th May 2007, 11:00 PM
isnt the HSV dealer 6 years any way? thought it was longer than the holden standard warranty. and if it is for for warranty work it will not void a warranty as you are not getting a stamp in the book

stevedee3
7th May 2007, 11:07 PM
Taking your car to another Holden dealer ... will void a dealer 6 year extended warranty if you have organised that...Those (useless IMHO) six year extended warranties only require that scheduled servicing be performed by the selling dealer. Warranty work (i.e. Stuff paid for by Holden) can be done anywhere.

Metro1288
7th May 2007, 11:21 PM
i too took my car for the 3000klm service very recently and thought the service wasnt very good, it left me with a unhappy feeling about the visit. first of all when i was booking the car in the guy i who was doing my paperwork didnt seem friendly at all. during the middle of the paperwork he spots some customer that he knows and starts chatting to him, 5mins later after talking rubbish he resumes my paperwork.

I gave the car a quick wash a couple days before taking the car in forgetting that they wash it for you. When i picked up the car later that day i was expecting that they would wash it again, but no... i found the car with heaps of fingerprints (my car is black), the radio station changed and the music volumne extra loud. So i go into the office and ask them if cars usually get washed when they get serviced and the lady goes "oh, do you want your car washed?".. i was like WTF? the car eventually got washed and 20mins later i get to take the car, the wash was crap.. some parts were still dirty and alot of the car was still dropping wet.. i was already late going back to work so though F..k it.. while driving home that night i noticed about 30 extra klms on the odometer, double checked it against my service book and the i was definitely right about it. very unhappy :(

cyclonic
7th May 2007, 11:35 PM
Damn, thats pretty rubbish service. My advice? See another dealer, but complain like hell to the original. Won't get you anywhere but at least you'll have got it off your chest. Then let the next dealer know of your woes - they'll more than likely be more keen to do a good job once they hear that.

Shaun
7th May 2007, 11:55 PM
Go and see Kurt in sales and get him to go into Service with you at Heartland Parramatta.

Sounds like the seals in the lamp maybe pinched. its not uncommon. My Astra G had that problem once

Apex
8th May 2007, 06:33 AM
The VXR had the 3000k service today and I have to say the service from Holden is piss poor. There have been numerous occassions where the rear lights have fogged up with condensation. Also somehow a bug managed to somehow breach the right rear light and is clearly visible. I told Holden of my problem and they said that they would address it. On pickup they told me that they could not do anything because they needed physical proof. They advised me to bring the car in when the lights are fogged up. Now how practical is that? It generally occurs after a chilly night or after rain, and after driving the car for 10 minutes the condensation evapourates. How the hell do they expect anyone to give them pyhsical proof? C'mon that is dodgy.
I suggested taking photos with my rego number visible and they won't even accept that.... I even showed them a thread from VXR online disscussing the problem and proving to them that it is a common problem.... So then i pointed out that there has to be a breach in the seal since there is a bug clearly visible? I was then told that, the bug will not affect the light and therefore is not an issue, but isn't that proof that there is a breach somewhere? I argued constantly and for what? Had valid points which they rejected without any backing. They are like a brick wall and I honestly wasted my time.... they seriously don't think much of you.

Do i jeopardise the warrantly if i take it to another dealer?

I got crap service first time I went to the my Dealership so now I send my Fiancé along and the service is great, they even gave us a new gear knob as the original one formed an air bubble under the clear plastic.:)

Clear plastic lights always fog up, my Lexus (Toyota build quality)
had them and it did it.:)

i too took my car for the 3000klm service very recently and thought the service wasnt very good, it left me with a unhappy feeling about the visit. first of all when i was booking the car in the guy i who was doing my paperwork didnt seem friendly at all. during the middle of the paperwork he spots some customer that he knows and starts chatting to him, 5mins later after talking rubbish he resumes my paperwork.

I gave the car a quick wash a couple days before taking the car in forgetting that they wash it for you. When i picked up the car later that day i was expecting that they would wash it again, but no... i found the car with heaps of fingerprints (my car is black), the radio station changed and the music volumne extra loud. So i go into the office and ask them if cars usually get washed when they get serviced and the lady goes "oh, do you want your car washed?".. i was like WTF? the car eventually got washed and 20mins later i get to take the car, the wash was crap.. some parts were still dirty and alot of the car was still dropping wet.. i was already late going back to work so though F..k it.. while driving home that night i noticed about 30 extra klms on the odometer, double checked it against my service book and the i was definitely right about it. very unhappy :(

Just specify that you don’t want them to attempt to clean your car next time. It took me half a day to remove the swirl marks and crap they left on mine from the fisrt service.:o

Wraith
8th May 2007, 08:37 AM
Those (useless IMHO) six year extended warranties only require that scheduled servicing be performed by the selling dealer. Warranty work (i.e. Stuff paid for by Holden) can be done anywhere.

This is correct !

Sorry to hear about yet another dissatisfied customer when it comes to GMH after sales service and support...

When will these buggers eventually wake up :rolleyes:

rjastra
8th May 2007, 09:40 AM
Lets get one thing straight... it's the Holden DEALER that is responsible for good/bad servicing. Don't blame Holden the manufacturer.

Go complain to the DEALER about poor service or even better go to another dealer. Vote with your wallet.

Vectra V6
8th May 2007, 09:47 AM
I just spoke to Holden Customer Assistance and I could swear I was speaking to the same guy I did yesterday. Kept getting the response 'they need evidence of the condensation'. I mean how practical is that? the only way this is feasible is if i were to leave the car at the dealer overnight. Otherwise there is no way I could give them physical proof. I then argued that the pyhsical proof is the insect which is clearly visible in the light and this is enough proof to say that the seals of the light have been breached. The response.... well ask them to check the seals. Well that is what they did yesterday.... the service is terrible...

Apex
8th May 2007, 10:03 AM
If you show them the condensation they may give you new lights but the new ones will do the same thing, it happens on most cars it’s just easier to see when the plastic is clear.

Vectra V6
8th May 2007, 11:16 AM
Well according to some of the guys in the UK, Vauxhall have addressed the problem with a new seal. Several of them who have had them replaced have not encountered the problem since. Just wonder why Holden are not informed..... none the less i will be testing a few other dealers...

guin83
8th May 2007, 11:23 AM
Well, I went there to have my fuel system checked because it wasn't starting in the morning when the fuel level is low. They needed to see it so asked me to have my car parked there over night. Which is not exactly what I wanted to do but I had to..... Next morning, he calls and tells me the car is fine. There is no problem. But when I got there, he was trying to show me how my car had no problem,,, and....... car doesn't start.

So.. There was 3 return trip to the dealer ship, 2 days without the car just to show them exactly what I have been telling them.

Shaun
8th May 2007, 12:56 PM
This is correct !

Sorry to hear about yet another dissatisfied customer when it comes to GMH after sales service and support...

When will these buggers eventually wake up :rolleyes:

Again its at dealer level. Not Holden Head office. So to say GMH is alittle unfair.

coldzero
8th May 2007, 01:02 PM
In my experiences with Sutton Holden (Rosebery) nothing you guys have said surprises me. I would never take my car to a Holden dealership again, due to dodgy work completed by Suttons my car has require 2 new fuel pumps and a whole engine rebuild, both fuel pump failures required the evacuation of a service station and the fire brigade being called out to mop up 60 liters of Optimax that flooded the forecourt. That exercise alone cost me $150 in lost fuel just because the monkey doing the job didn't seal the fuel pump twice!!! The engine failure was a result of them not replacing the drive belt correctly which then split and then caused the engine to seize up. 3 weeks off the road before they fixed it so I was without a car I was still paying for. Then there are the times I took it in to have warranty work done only to collect it at the end of the day and told they haven't done anything, have they never heard of calling you??

Never ever take your car to this dealership. I did once take my car to United Holden in Kogarah and they seemed more helpful and a lot cheaper for a standard service, but I wasn't exactly blow away.

I know this doesn't help for warranty faults but if it is just a service you require I cannot recommend enough Tune House in Marrickville, they are absolutely outstanding. I've never had that feeling that something has actually been done to my car when I collected it from Suttons, as it probably hadn't. After its 90,000km service at Tune House I could not believe the difference it feels like a totally new car. Handling, performance it really is amazing. You guys with the turbos and HSV's should really look into this.

Speak to Jim at www.tunehouse.com.au

Sorry for the rant but I can feel my blood boil when I think how much Suttons have shafted me around over the years...

Cheers

digifish
8th May 2007, 01:51 PM
...I have had poor experiences from VW too...(I'm in Adeaide, so that will narrow down the possibilities to about...oh, 1 :) the turkey in the workshop over-filled the oil 1 cm above the max level. I have had them try to scam we with things like engine-flushing and for work they clearly didn't do. So, it's not limited to any brand, but, yes I am sure the managment at the dealership has a big influence on all of this...but not 100% control.

digifish

Wraith
8th May 2007, 04:38 PM
Again its at dealer level. Not Holden Head office. So to say GMH is alittle unfair.

Ok edit: 'Holden dealers' after sales service and support :D

Calibrated
8th May 2007, 05:07 PM
...I have had poor experiences from VW too...(I'm in Adeaide, so that will narrow down the possibilities to about...oh, 1 :) the turkey in the workshop over-filled the oil 1 cm above the max level. I have had them try to scam we with things like engine-flushing and for work they clearly didn't do. So, it's not limited to any brand, but, yes I am sure the managment at the dealership has a big influence on all of this...but not 100% control.

digifish

But thats VW, thats to be expected.:p

coldzero
8th May 2007, 06:13 PM
True it is the dealer but even when you contact the Holden assistance line they are very unhelpful. Their one and only reply is you must contact your local dealer to resolve this matter. The last person I spoke to wouldn't even give me her name because I said I was very disappointed the service she had given me and her attitude was off before I'd even explained why I was calling.

Shaun
9th May 2007, 12:22 AM
True it is the dealer but even when you contact the Holden assistance line they are very unhelpful. Their one and only reply is you must contact your local dealer to resolve this matter. The last person I spoke to wouldn't even give me her name because I said I was very disappointed the service she had given me and her attitude was off before I'd even explained why I was calling.

Thats exactly correct. If you have an Issue with a dealer take it up with the Service Manager or Dealer Princpal.

Think about it this way guys. If Holden HQ stepped into every single customer problem that they are exp with dealers who would be there to answer to product related issues??

Dealerships are stand alone. not owned buy Holden.

Yes they are the forefont of Holden to the retail customer and they should give some level of service. if you are unhappy with the service then contact the Service Manager. Or find another dealership.

Dealerships dont make money on the sale of the product . they make it in the Aftersale departments. This where the next car is sold.

In the Heavy Vehicle side of the industry which im involved in the it works like this. Salesman may sell the 1st batch of truck or bus/coach. but the Parts and Service department see the next batch to the fleet.
If a truck is down its costing a customer his living. sadly in the car side of the industry unless its a Light commercial Vehicle its isnt costing the owner a loss of income. At the end of the day though if they arent providing you with the level of service you feel you should be getting contact the Service Manager of the dealership. Be polite about it as if you get on the phone the 1st time ranting and raving you will get no where fast. 9 times out of 10 the service manager will sort it out. Remember the Service Advisor's at the counter of your dealerships are only following instructions and The answer often comes from a Warranty Department with in the dealership or head office.

cyclonic
9th May 2007, 02:07 AM
Thats pretty much good advice. If the management of the service department won't help, go to another dealer. Simple.

I complained over a warranty issue, and the service manager gave me my 15k service for $80.

NXA-16H
9th May 2007, 11:58 PM
Taking your car to another Holden dealer will not void your manufacturers 3 year/100000km warranty, but it will void a dealer 6 year extended warranty if you have organised that...

<snip>.

Yes that's right. But in both of my cases, the complimentary 3-Years EXTENDED Warranty comes on the condition that you have your vehicle serviced with the dealership you bought it from on a 10'000km basis (rather than the recommended 15'000kms as noted in the drivers' handbook.)

For me at least, the supposed benefits of such an extended warranty doesn't justify the extra money the dealership charges you for a standard service.

Let's analyse for a moment if we will, the parts covered under a standard 3-Year "Mechanical Protection Plan" offered through Lander Toyota at Blacktown

Engine: All internally lubricated parts including Pistons, Piston Rings & Pins, Crankshaft & Main Bearings, Connecting Rods & Rod Bearings, Camshaft, Timing Chains or Gears, Rocker Arms, Valves & Springs, Valve Guides & Seats, Push Rods & Lifters, Oil Pump.
Cylinder Head/s, Engine Block or Barrels or blown Head Gaskets NOT COVERED.

Differential & Drive Line: Bearings, Centre Bearings, Half Shafts, U & CV Joints, U-Bolts, Crown wheel & pinion, Gears, Limited Slip Clutch Pack, Drive Shafts, Drive Axel Housing if Damages are due to Failure of Internally Lubricated Components.

Braking System: Calipers, Hydraulic lines, Master Cylinder, Vacuum Boosters, Wheel Cylinders.

Front Suspension ONLY: Control arms, Radius Rods & Bushes, Topp & Bottom Ball Joints, Wheel Bearings & Stub Axels, Sway-Bar Bushes.

Fuel Management System: Fuel pumps, Injector pump, Injectors

Internally Lubricated Transmission Parts ONLY: Transmission Case if Damages are due to Failure of internally lubricated Components

Clutch Assembly: Clutch plate, Pressure Plate, Clutch Fork, Thrust Race Bearing, Clutch master & slave Cylinder

Cooling System: Electric Fan Thermostat, Fan Hub, Thermostat, Water Pump, Radiator Cooling Fan Motor

Electronics & Electro-Mechanical: Engine Management Computer, Starter Motor, Wiper Motor, voltage Regulator, Alternator.

Steering: Idler Arms, Power Steering Pump, Steering Rack, tie Rod Ends, Power Steer Box, Pitman Arms

Air Conditioning: Compressor, Compressor Clutch

Body & Interior NOT APPLICABLE :mad:

Other Miscellaneous Items "Seals and Gaskets will be replaced only when such replacement is required in the normal course of repair of a covered component"

Now you don't need to give me the answer...But ask yourself what out of this list, really and truely, is likely to kick the bucket within a 3-Year Extended Warranty Period?

Unless there were to be a freakish exception, in a lemon of a vehicle, I would say NONE.

So you would need to ask yourself therefore, if it's worth even considering.

As far as I'm concerned, whatever "Extended Warranty Agreement" you happen to be offered wouldn't be worth the paper it's printed on.

:Cynical Mode Off:

NXA-16H

rjastra
10th May 2007, 09:20 AM
Extended warranties are a waste of money.

Wraith
10th May 2007, 09:40 AM
Extended warranties are a waste of money.

Agreed !

They also hold you off from modifying your car for several more years lol :D

Not for me thanks ;)

EL BURITO
10th May 2007, 10:54 AM
Yes that's right. But in both of my cases, the complimentary 3-Years EXTENDED Warranty comes on the condition that you have your vehicle serviced with the dealership you bought it from on a 10'000km basis (rather than the recommended 15'000kms as noted in the drivers' handbook.)

given that all Toyotas are serviced at 10K it is most likely writen up as a generic policy with no room for movment to keep it simple for them

but extended warrantys are a load of KAK

stevedee3
10th May 2007, 07:00 PM
They call it a "Mechanical Protection Plan" but I think it's more like a "Dealer Service Department Protection Plan".