PDA

View Full Version : To Astra T Owners.

guin83
7th May 2007, 04:24 PM
Hi there.
To those who own Astra H Sri Turbo, I just wanted to ask if this same thing happens (which it shouldn't) to any of your vehicle.

Fuel gauge is indicating that the fuel tank is about 1/3 full.
Trip meter is also showing 50-90km to exhaustion.
And you parked your car, ascending (Up hill, looking up.)

For some reason, when car is parked like this, it doesn't start. Simply because there is no fuel going into the engine. Firstly, fuel gauge is not wrong. One because it happend far too many times for me to believe that somehow, I have managed to park my car just when the fuel ran out, two because if I push my car and let it look down hill, engine starts.

My car did me a favour by doing exactly this when it was parked over night at Holden's Service centre and I have been waiting for a new fuel pump assembly just over a month now. Not quiet what I expected to happened to a brand new car from Europe..... Hope it goes okay when I have the fuel pump assembly replaced.

Apex
7th May 2007, 04:46 PM
Interesting, my car has started then immediately stalled several times since I purchased it although it was parked on flat ground and has always started 2nd attempt.

blueraven
7th May 2007, 05:36 PM
hmmmm.

My ts has never done that, and my gf's driveway is a joke of an angle.

DirtyHarry
7th May 2007, 06:02 PM
well he is talking about the Ah, so maybe they have changed the fuel pump in them. or the fresh batch of those fuel pumps for the t's have a known fault

OPC
7th May 2007, 06:51 PM
never happened to me and i have a steep driveway aswell

MK
7th May 2007, 10:17 PM
Happened to my Astra H 5dr...my driveway is steep\uphill. Parked the car, left most of the day, in the evening comes time to start and nothing!
Let the car roll down onto the street and tried starting again, nothing again, left it for 30 minutes and it started OK!

this was few months ago...have not happened since but once i ran out fuel when the fuel gauge was showing the pre critical stage of the fuel tank, but it was strange because the warning light did not came on (no constant like it should when there is 10 litres left and no flashing when there is almost no fuel left!)

JasonGilholme
8th May 2007, 08:23 AM
I guess if you've got a low amount of fuel and the incline of the hill was big enough you wouldn't have any fuel near the pickup.

Try parking your car facing down the hill and see if it happens. (when you've got small amounts of fuel in the tank.

Wraith
8th May 2007, 09:32 AM
Except for the trip meter fuel usage reading being inaccurate, none of those other things happen in my Astra T either.

rjastra
8th May 2007, 09:35 AM
This happened to my TS SRi 2.2L. Low fuel level and parked up a steep slow.

TOok ages to start after I rolled it down to a flat area.

I guess its just the fuel pump pickup is in the wrong place.

guin83
8th May 2007, 09:38 AM
hm... would this mean that Astra H may have an issue with its fuel system design? I was hoping that I must have picked up a faulty vehicel and should run fine after replacing its fuel pump assembly.

For those who experienced similar issue, did Holden say anything bout it?

Apex
8th May 2007, 09:59 AM
Have not mentioned that my car has stalled a couple of times to my dealer as it has not really bothered me to much, it has always started 2nd time, if it happened all the time I would complain!

Ishley
8th May 2007, 01:33 PM
This has never happened to me and my H SRiT.... Well yet anyway.

CNBLU
8th May 2007, 08:16 PM
have you tried getting more fuel??:p

guin83
9th May 2007, 09:40 AM
Well I guess best way to stay away from this issue is to have my fuel tank more than half full at all time.

But this isn't always possible though.....

Anyway, my car came out yesterday and they say my fuel system is replaced. See how it goes...

Wraith
9th May 2007, 09:51 AM
Now that I remembered, my missus's S13 Silvia has that problem.

If the fuel tank is below the last line mark on the gauge and it's parked on a steep angle, it wll not start and if you stop hard it will stall - fuel is rushed away from the pickup I suspect.

So we just make sure it's always topped up well over the 1/4 tank mark.