PDA

View Full Version : Alarms given me sh*t!

macca
4th June 2004, 10:46 AM
Basicaly when i first got here i decided to buy an auto watch alarm its only the basic model but its rubbish i can rock my car to the buggery and stick my hand inside when the window is left down and nothing happens its annoying me! wot can i do?

Nem
4th June 2004, 10:56 AM
The rocking bit I might be something to be concerned about because the sensitivity might be turned down on some models. However up here because of thunderstorms we get during the wet season they tend to turn sensitivity down a little bit. The only intrusion detection your alarm might have is when you pop the door/bonnet lock without turning the alarm off rather than any motion sensor usually reserved for more expensive alarms. I think you covered it when you said very basic alarm.

Ben

Rhino
4th June 2004, 11:28 AM
True Ben

Most basic alarms work on a 'voltage drop' sensor that is triggered by your interior light. It will only go off if someone opens the boot, bonnet or doors.

Macca, ya get what ya pay for dude.

Can spec up to class breakage sensor, microwave sensors, tilt sensors, shock sensor...

macca
4th June 2004, 11:37 AM
true mate very true damn thats pisses me off now i need to look into gettin a ultrashock sensor and tilt sensor not to sure if my alarm has wot it takes tho! might have to get a complete new one and sell mine for a 100 buks or summit i got like 400 avalible its the 186 rl www.autowatch.com.au dont even have it on there!