PDA

View Full Version : Interior detailing: any suggestions?

Tfer
3rd May 2007, 09:05 AM
Now that South East Queensland is on Level 5 Water Restrictions, obviously due to almost drought conditions, dust is everywhere.

Hence my query.... currently I use Mequiars Quik Interior Detailer to do over the interior of the Veccy C (leather interior). My concern is the build up of dust... almost as if the Quik Interior Detailer attracts it :(

So, I throw this open to all of you.... what do you use and is it an effective dust repellent? :angel:

Lt Ketch
3rd May 2007, 09:07 AM
Mr Elextrolux

Works everytime!

Dee
3rd May 2007, 09:15 AM
on plastic and vinyl just use a damp microfibre cloth to clean off the dust, the a dry microfibre cloth to dry the surfaces

on leather use a dry microfibre cloth to remove excess dust, then use the Meguiars Leather Cleaner (foam, not cream) on the leather to keep it moisturised

Tfer
3rd May 2007, 09:29 AM
Mr Elextrolux

Works everytime!

Thanks Ketchy, but anything else you can use between the Hoovering? :o

on plastic and vinyl just use a damp microfibre cloth to clean off the dust, the a dry microfibre cloth to dry the surfaces

on leather use a dry microfibre cloth to remove excess dust, then use the Meguiars Leather Cleaner (foam, not cream) on the leather to keep it moisturised

Thanks Donna.... I shall try this on the dash etc (the leather is not a problem as already use the Meguiars Leather Conditioning) :)

So, just plain water?

Dee
3rd May 2007, 09:33 AM
Thanks Donna.... I shall try this on the dash etc (the leather is not a problem as already use the Meguiars Leather Conditioning) :)

So, just plain water?

you can put a little bit of soap in it if you want to give it a good clean or if it's really dirty, not necessary tho - water does the trick alright.

Tfer
3rd May 2007, 09:34 AM
you can put a little bit of soap in it if you want to give it a good clean or if it's really dirty, not necessary tho - water does the trick alright.

Shall give it a whirl and report back :D

Dee
3rd May 2007, 09:39 AM
i'm sure other people have their methods too - but that's the quickest and easiest way i've found

i should do my interior soon too.... windows included... they are so filthy

rjastra
3rd May 2007, 01:20 PM
I think your owner's manual suggests warm soapy water and a cloth to clean interior surfaces.

Never, ever use products with silicone in them!
Leaves a residue which eventually ends up on the windows!

A chamois is good for cleaning the glass (interior and exterior)

Dee
3rd May 2007, 01:29 PM
Silicon also absorbs into plastic and makes it crack ... not so cool

- No Armourall on anything that gets sunlight on it