PDA

View Full Version : Site Suggestion: Feature Car of the Month

sunny
4th June 2004, 12:35 AM
Site Suggestion:

Having a "Feature Car of the Month" on the opening page

people votes for it and the highest votes wins on a monthly basis and winner will be feature on the front page along with other bits and pieces

Anonymous
4th June 2004, 12:06 PM
Yeah its a good idea, but what do you suggest the voting be based on?

sunny
4th June 2004, 02:40 PM
a random four or five cars out of a draw

or

a particular model ie astras, corsas, vectras etc ... again 4 or 5 in the votes

Degen-Astra
4th June 2004, 08:42 PM
I reckon - just ask each person to do a brief on their car - a few pics inside and out.
Then randomly choose one person a month and get them to pop in their submission. Have it on the title screen with a pic or 2. And you can read about it there.

Btw - I thought the poll was just a joke poll. As on the front page it has "GOOD IDEA?" and Yes & No.

Anonymous
4th June 2004, 10:46 PM
yeah dont think it should be a competition, because the same people would be winning it. I think it should be random, and that person as degen said, shows a few pics and give some info on the car.

The Sentinel
6th June 2004, 11:40 AM
Perhaps we should change how this appears on the portal page. You don't actually know what you are voting for there! :-)

Dee
7th June 2004, 10:29 AM
yeah would be good.... but it would be hard for us ppl that have pretty much stock cars up against the nicer looking cars... like my car prolly wouldnt get a look in :(

i had to do a search to find out what the poll was about cos on the front page all it says is "Good Idea?" Y/N... i had no idea....

mixmelb
18th June 2004, 06:00 PM
Maybe should put the winning car of the month on the front page of Opelaus.com, so we have different pics every month on the front page.

Degen-Astra
18th June 2004, 06:15 PM
yeah would be good.... but it would be hard for us ppl that have pretty much stock cars up against the nicer looking cars... like my car prolly wouldnt get a look in :(

Here is an idea.

MEMBERS CAR OF THE MONTH

Close to Stock or Modded - shouldnt make any diff. Have a list of generic questions. Such as "What have you done?" "Why did you decide on your Astra/Corsa/Veccy/Etc" "Stereo" "Wheels/Susp." "Future mods you looking at doing?" etc etc...

This way all members get a chance to show off their car.

Seus
21st June 2004, 10:33 PM
is this going to happen
it should, interesting

Dregger
8th July 2004, 07:08 PM
yes.....

see here

http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?t=2037

sunny
8th July 2004, 09:39 PM
hehehe love seeing my idea has been put in place

top job mods/admins

GOZOFF
9th July 2004, 03:19 AM
Oh what about a slightly larger Shoutbox so you can see more than just 3 messages at a time without havin to goto the shoutbox link please :oops:

Anonymous
19th July 2004, 09:12 PM
cbf with feature car,

just get a pic of everyones car and bung them all together in little tiles.

If your lucky, someone with some chop skills might be able to darken lighten the tiles to spell the word opel aus

it gets updated once every 2 months.... not to leave new members out.

my 3.5676 cents (USD)