PDA

View Full Version : Best car service in Sydney, in my opinion

coldzero
1st May 2007, 09:44 AM
Hi,

I just wanted to let you guys know about a fantastic garage where I got my Vectra (JS2 2.2) serviced last week.

Its called Tune House in Marrickville, Sydney.

www.tunehouse.com.au (http://www.tunehouse.com.au)

My car needed its 90,000km service so I called up Holden $400 and UltraTune $450. Personally I would never take my car to Holden again since the time they blew up my engine, it was more to get a gist of the sort of price they were charging.

While looking for a suspension kit for a mates Integra I came across TuneHouse and on the off chance I asked if they do car services, they do.
I told them what I needed and they said they will do a 140 point check on the car for $144 + fluid etc. I told Jim (the owner) about several other issue I had with the car and he said he would look into them.

I was amazed at how professional the staff were and Jim couldn't do enough for me, I got a phone call from Jim around lunch time letting me know what was required and exactly how much each job would cost, I told Jim how much I had to spend and he told me which repairs he believed should be done first, there was no pressure to spend a fortune or stories of doom if I didn't get things repaired as happens so often when dealing with Suttons Holden. When I picked the car up later that day Jim put the car back on the hoist and pointed out what else needed to be done. When I left I received a 4 page clearly explained detailed list of what had been done to my car.

I've never had my car serviced before and noticed any difference in the running/performance of the car, this time I did big time. The car idles perfectly, is far far smoother through out the rev range, picks up from lower in the revs without spluttering and jumping, morning starts are a dream turn on, drive away instead of turn on wait a minute then hop down the road for a hundred yards.

They can also look into any type of performance upgraded you may be looking into.

Sorry for the long post but I can't recommend enough just how good TuneHouse were, I know I'll never take my car anywhere else to be looked at ever again, including any car I buy in the future.

Cheers
Mike

PS. Never ever take your car to Suttons Holden, they are the biggest bunch of monkeys this side of Taronga Zoo. They have cost me more in stuff ups then I care to imagine. But that is for another post.

oneightoo
1st May 2007, 09:50 AM
Well thats super good news Mike..

Its always good to find a decent mech :)