PDA

View Full Version : Astra H Sedan... coming here?

Poogene2001
29th April 2007, 10:16 PM
Not sure if this has been done already or not but.... my uncle wants to know!! He wants to trade in his G for an H but is not keen on the hatch or wagon shapes. He says he is a "sedan man".
Im sure we have all seen the pics, but here to remind you...
http://upload.moldova.org/auto/Opel/Opel_Astra_Sedan.jpg

MK
29th April 2007, 10:55 PM
anything is possible...Holden may change their mind and bring it here...as previously discussed on OA, it depends on the sales and comparison with sales of other brands of medium sedans.

from what i know the GM plant in Gliwice, Poland has won the contract to build the Astra H sedan but so far the whole production is targeted for Europe (i am not even sure if UK is getting the sedan?)

one thing for sure is that the plant (factory) is equipped to make the RHD astras as the Australian Astra G was made in Poland...

honestly, you never know...Holden might decide to steal some sales from Focus, Corrolla, etc etc sedans and will bring it here.

dieselhead
30th April 2007, 12:12 AM
bloody ugly if you ask me. looks just as wrong as the Jetta or the Bora. or the Echo sedan. another contender in this market, the Focus, doesn't matter anyway, because is bland in any shape or form ;) seriously, can you compare the Astra sedan with the awesome coupe?!
i really doubt it Holden will ever bring the sedan here, because if one would want un ugly sedan, Epica is already available :)

CJB
30th April 2007, 11:01 AM
I lurve it!

I love the Jetta :p so I like this.

I would have one in an instant!!!!!

Tfer
30th April 2007, 11:45 AM
bloody ugly if you ask me. looks just as wrong as the Jetta or the Bora. or the Echo sedan. another contender in this market, the Focus, doesn't matter anyway, because is bland in any shape or form ;) seriously, can you compare the Astra sedan with the awesome coupe?!
i really doubt it Holden will ever bring the sedan here, because if one would want un ugly sedan, Epica is already available :)

Muwahahahahha :D and did you see the Epica ad on TV..... Holden trying it's hardest to disguise the sheer ugliness of the thing :p

Mainframe_Module
30th April 2007, 12:42 PM
i think it's vile too.

digifish
30th April 2007, 01:10 PM
i think it's vile too.

The Epica is getting a pasting on the drive bloggs...

http://blogs.drive.com.au/2007/04/holden_epica_faces_uphill_batt.html#comments

Wraith
30th April 2007, 01:33 PM
mmmm, not sure yet about this one, would have to see more rear end views and see exactly what the tailgate and tail lights look like, before passing judgement.

The top half of the back doors look a bit Volvo-ish to me :rolleyes:

Just from that side view above, it certainly dosn't look anywhere near as good as the 3 or 5 door hatches, not that the 5 door AH hatch is anything special anyways, side on it looks a bit like a square block, IMHO the AH 3 door hatch and twin top vert are the only good lookers in the AH family...

Calibrated
30th April 2007, 01:43 PM
Maybe, just maybe, we get a 3 door coupe OPC version...(based on sedan not hatch) (c'mon opel, i put it out there, make it!)

omg that would be sex on wheels..

Calibrated
30th April 2007, 02:20 PM
The Epica is getting a pasting on the drive bloggs...

http://blogs.drive.com.au/2007/04/holden_epica_faces_uphill_batt.html#comments

That was quite a read...damn..

But some people are clearly blinded..or just have no clue..

I drove an Epica last week.It was boring, and uninteresting in every aspect.
And judging from its NCAP ratings, i wouldnt even want my enemies driving in it. im not that sadistic..

The only people that would buy it, are people that want to get from A to B, have no interest in cars at all, and just want the status of owning a Brand New car..
I see a strong demand for '03-'06 Veccy C's

Wraith
30th April 2007, 08:39 PM
I agree, the Vecce C is the much nicer car, I love them in black, even considered buying one myself at one time :)

digifish
30th April 2007, 09:49 PM

The only people that would buy it, are people that want to get from A to B, have no interest in cars at all, and just want the status of owning a Brand New car..

That is, 90% of the car buying public. One area where the Epica seems OK is the interior design...nice looking. Should sell on that basis alone.

http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/2007/04/27/07epicaCDX06_L_m.jpg

digifish

Calibrated
1st May 2007, 07:03 AM
nice looking.

yep, untill you touch it..

Tfer
1st May 2007, 10:10 AM
That is, 90% of the car buying public. One area where the Epica seems OK is the interior design...nice looking. Should sell on that basis alone.

http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/2007/04/27/07epicaCDX06_L_m.jpg

digifish

And the interior screams out *you just bought a low rent version of this car you tosser.... can you not see the storage compartment in the middle of the dash that has obviously replaced something far more sexier* :eek: :p

Tfer
1st May 2007, 10:13 AM

I drove an Epica last week.It was boring, and uninteresting in every aspect.
And judging from its NCAP ratings, i wouldnt even want my enemies driving in it. im not that sadistic..

I see a strong demand for '03-'06 Veccy C's

I agree, the Vecce C is the much nicer car, I love them in black, even considered buying one myself at one time :)

Yep even a 4 year old Veccy C is far more appealing than this piece of automobile trollop :eek:

Valve Bounce
1st May 2007, 10:47 AM
bwuahahaha, i saw the ad for the Epica yesterday, i dont think il judge the car before i drive one though...

digifish
1st May 2007, 10:54 AM
Yep even a 4 year old Veccy C is far more appealing than this piece of automobile trollop :eek:

The Vectra was unfortunately too expensive...most people just aren't willing to pay for a bit of quality/design/fun.

Again, most people only care that it starts every time and the wheels turn....oh and is in a colour they like.

That's life.

digifish

luvpsi
1st May 2007, 11:26 AM
The Epica, just like all other Korean built cars are poorly put together and will not take the general thrashing too well like the Jap and Euro cars do. Drive the new epica hard for a few years and it will litterally fall apart, and after that you can just dump it at your local wrecker as they depreciate HEAPS:eek:

like the Astra H sedan a lot. They should do a VXR version with a turbo motor, bigger wheels and a bit of a body kit:D

oneightoo
1st May 2007, 12:33 PM
The Epica, just like all other Korean built cars are poorly put together and will not take the general thrashing too well like the Jap and Euro cars do. Drive the new epica hard for a few years and it will litterally fall apart, and after that you can just dump it at your local wrecker as they depreciate HEAPS:eek:

like the Astra H sedan a lot. They should do a VXR version with a turbo motor, bigger wheels and a bit of a body kit:D

drive an astra or calibra hard and it will fall apart too..

drive a calibra 4x4 hard and your tx box will literally shatter..

point is.. any car is going to fall apart if you thrash it and dont look after it..

dont judge these korean cars too quickly.. they may have improved.. personally i like the interior of the epica.. would i buy one? heck no.. gimme my euro car anyday..

i just think we shouldnt be judging these cars especially if we havent even driven one..

Wraith
1st May 2007, 01:02 PM
Good points there....

Although I must say, the Calibra is far worse than the Astra in terms of falling apart lol :D touch wood, mines been perfect for 5 years and counting :eh:

Personally I don't like that interior, it just looks too 'el cheapo' to me and I'd imagine it'll feel that way too :rolleyes:

But as stated by Digifish, most consumers don't care, it's just the enthusiasts like us that'll have something to winge about lol :)

Shaun
1st May 2007, 11:02 PM
The Astra AH sedan has a older focus sedan look to the rear end. I like it though..

As for the Epica. Its a reasonably priced car . Against the Out going Vectra we have here it actually looks better. I totally agree with Clarkson on the Vectra that was our last model. Given the new vectra (Current Model in europe) i would take one for sure but the last Vectra was Bland imo. Sorry to those who own one but im sure they are a nice car but no offience to the guys here with one.

Give the choice of a Vectra C (1st Series before Current model in Europe) or a Volvo 850 . The Volvo 850 would be parked in my driveway .

SIMid
2nd May 2007, 04:54 PM
Although I must say, the Calibra is far worse than the Astra in terms of falling apart lol :)

:confused:

Whos?

Both of my Calibras were perfect. Others I've seen seem pretty good ......... unless they have crashed it. :D

Dont mind the rear on the sedan, looks better than others on the market.

oneightoo
2nd May 2007, 05:40 PM
before i bought my first one i test drove about 8.. all were pretty dodgy except one.. i bought a dodgy one only because i wanted to rebuild it, which i did.. then when i bought my second one, looked at another 6, all crap, i didnt even test drive the one i bought, didnt need to..

luvpsi
2nd May 2007, 09:50 PM
drive an astra or calibra hard and it will fall apart too..

drive a calibra 4x4 hard and your tx box will literally shatter..

point is.. any car is going to fall apart if you thrash it and dont look after it..

dont judge these korean cars too quickly.. they may have improved.. personally i like the interior of the epica.. would i buy one? heck no.. gimme my euro car anyday..

i just think we shouldnt be judging these cars especially if we havent even driven one..

you get what you paid for IMO:)

in case of Korean built cars, you get a cheap car that will last a few years before its worth jack shit and generally very "loose". Look at the current model Barina - its has the worst safety rating in its class, but i guess that the reason they sell for $14-15 k brand new comparing to around $17+k for a similar spec jap or euro car

Vectracious
3rd May 2007, 12:13 AM
Funny, I thought the title thread was about the AH Sedan.

Can we keep to the topic please people?? There's an Epica thread somewhere else, go there to discuss it....

Red AH SRI T
3rd May 2007, 10:46 AM
Not a chance of the H sedan making it here. Its too big and too expensive.

luvpsi
3rd May 2007, 02:30 PM
Funny, I thought the title thread was about the AH Sedan.

Can we keep to the topic please people?? There's an Epica thread somewhere else, go there to discuss it....

sorry mate didn't mean to upset you:rolleyes:

Vectracious
3rd May 2007, 03:23 PM
sorry mate didn't mean to upset you:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: x2

Tfer
3rd May 2007, 03:38 PM
Ah well..... probably not much chance the AH Sedan would come out... but would be a worthy add to the market.... now if they could shoe horn the 2.8l V6 twin scroll turbo engine out of the Veccy D :D :D :D :D

oneightoo
3rd May 2007, 06:38 PM
now if only this happened with the G series..

hatch, coupe not sedan..

oh how i wish we did..

too me the h coupe is no different to the hatch.. with the g, there were differences..

Calibrated
3rd May 2007, 06:57 PM
now if only this happened with the G series..

hatch, coupe not sedan..

oh how i wish we did..

too me the h coupe is no different to the hatch.. with the g, there were differences..

yeah, we had the G Coupe...so hot..
had my eyes on it to be my next car...:(

oneightoo
3rd May 2007, 09:01 PM
explains your ownership of the cali :D

Calibrated
3rd May 2007, 09:50 PM
explains your ownership of the cali :D

yep...quite clearly..:D