PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys

Gristy
27th April 2007, 12:28 AM
Hi guys, i am Chris from SA and i have a 2005 Silver Barina.

Not much else to say apart from that i was referred to this site earlier today and it looks very good.

I am looking to make some nice mods to my car and have just ordered some RIMs to replace the stocks.

I also ordered 2 opel badges from eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220104300882&rd=1&rd=1

Will one be able to replace the holden logo on the grill or not? If not i guess it shouldnt be too hard to sell on.

MatsHolden
27th April 2007, 12:34 AM
Welcome mate. Yes you can replace the Holden badge on the grille with an Opel badge. There are two ways to do this. One way is to get a whole new Opel grille, looks identical to the Holden grille but with an Opel badge. That's the way I would do it personally. The other way is to just remove the Holden badge and stick some black plastic behind the Opel badge so that the black Holden badge mount outline can't be seen. Some people choose to do it that way.

Enjoy.

Gristy
27th April 2007, 07:54 AM
thanks for the info mate i have a lot to read and learn, one other thing im looking for is pics of peoples modified center console. I was thinking maybe head unit & GPS system would fill it up nicely

btm
27th April 2007, 08:00 AM
welcome Chris :)

Tfer
27th April 2007, 11:01 AM
Welcome Chris to Opelaus, and enjoy your stay :D

Some of our more creative members seem to have the Corsa so this will no doubt assist you big time in your modding adventures :)

FYI..... a Barina as an Opel is known as a Corsa to many here ;)

Gristy
27th April 2007, 11:06 AM
I am actually originally from the UK so prefer the Corsa name, Vauxhall Corsa's are big modders over there

mr_sikma
30th April 2007, 09:05 PM
hey mate

i am in sa with an 04 corsa aswell ;)

also work at autobarn in ya need parts?

Gristy
1st May 2007, 09:35 AM
ah cheers, i actually went and got a package from strathfield didnt work out too badly.

skinny84
2nd May 2007, 08:44 PM
howzit go'n gristy. welcome to the OA site. I hope u enjoy ur time here. :D