PDA

View Full Version : Hello in Reverse

TonyfromOz
24th April 2007, 04:58 PM
Hello to all of you.
Odd title, I guess, but I suppose that's how it happened.
I Post at two other Forums, the first being the Mothers Forum, using the same name TonyfromOz, and on the DetailParadise Forum as Tonybel.

Where the reverse comes in is that a day or so ago, there was a post on the Detail Paradise forum by one of the members here, Miker84 asking for information regarding a Mothers Palm Polisher. Luckily for me, Miker84 mentioned that he came from this forum, and I came here to have a look, and decided to join.

I'm a reasonably old guy, forgive me, and I was a dedicated Toyota owner, purchasing my original Corolla new in December of 1969, and then owning three more Corolla's until, as an 'established family man', I bought a Camry in 1989. I owned this Camry until April of last year, and at 17 years it was still going strongly, but it was becoming a little long in the tooth.
I get by on my Air Force Superannuation, and my wife and I receive a part pension on top of that, so we get by.
Our son knew that we would never be able to afford a new car, and seeing that the Toyota was aging, replaced it for us with a 2001 Astra, which became available from a friend of a friend, and he was able to get hold of it for $4000 less than retail.
Having owned Toyota's for 37 years, I was reticent at first, this being my first non Toyota, and on top of that, my first automatic as well.
My good lady wife and I were more than thankful, as it was in perfect condition, and immaculately looked after apart from a couple of minor marks on the roof due to damage to the clear coat from bat droppings.

My son recommended Mothers to look after the paint, and that led me to the Mothers site, and from there a couple of months later to DetailParadise.

In the 10 months that I have had the car, I would now go close to saying it is the best car I have owned. It has absolutely everything that opens and shuts. It's a little thirsty around town, but on two trips from the Gold Coast to Rockhampton and back, it has achieved 40MPG, so that is quite pleasing indeed.

Now I'm here at the Opel site, I look forward to having a good look around, and to even ask a few questions as well.

I will try not to push Mothers products, as that is a personal choice for you guys, but if asked, I will try and direct you to where good advice can be obtained.

I know it's a long Thread, but if you read other entries where I post, you'll find I like to tell the story correctly, as I'm not really into the texting phenomenon that tends to shorten everything.

Thanks to Turblue for his welcome, and I had to read that correctly, as I immediately thought of the John Williamson song

So, to Miker84, thanks for showing me where you guys are.

I look forward to being here.

Tony.

auzvectra
24th April 2007, 05:51 PM
welcome to the forum, and ur just up the road from me ;)

R3N
24th April 2007, 06:02 PM
Hi Tony and welcome to the site... nice introduction you got going there.

OPC
24th April 2007, 06:29 PM
HI tony... welcome

do u like FRANK ZAPPA AND THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION ?

TonyfromOz
24th April 2007, 07:30 PM
mowhawk

...do u like FRANK ZAPPA AND THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION ?

Saw Frank Zappa live, and watched the look on his face as Gary McDonald (in the guise of Norman G) jammed on with him with the mouth organ.
A classic of Oz music.

Tony

pred8r
25th April 2007, 10:31 AM
damage to the clear coat from bat droppings.

Thats different......

http://robotman.cracked.com/img/birdshit300.jpg

Welcome:D

OPC
26th April 2007, 12:50 AM
mowhawk

Saw Frank Zappa live, and watched the look on his face as Gary McDonald (in the guise of Norman G) jammed on with him with the mouth organ.
A classic of Oz music.

Tony

from the movie "Life Of Brian" you lucky lucky bastard... ive only got videos

JasonGilholme
26th April 2007, 08:04 AM
Welcome.

Should come for a drive when someone FINALLY organises another cruise lol.

Tfer
27th April 2007, 11:05 AM
Welcome.

Should come for a drive when someone FINALLY organises another cruise lol.

Welcome Tony to Opelaus, and enjoy your stay :D

Always on the look out for worthwhile information :cool:

Jason.... are you offering to organise the next Qld cruise? ;)

PaulyJ
1st May 2007, 12:19 AM
Welcome to the site Tony.
Yours would have to be the longest introduction I have ever read on here, but a good one at that. I really hope that you enjoy your stay here on OpelAus, and if there is anything you need, please let me know.

All the best and regards,

Pauly

skinny84
2nd May 2007, 08:31 PM
welcome to the site tony. I am sure u will find every one here most helpful and friendly. :D