PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Lease Bargain gone begging.

Poogene2001
23rd April 2007, 07:17 PM
We recently had an end of lease TS SRi Turbo being disposed of at the end of its 4 year term. 48,000km, fresh tyres all round, full service history, no mods, no accident history in Blue.
How much do you reckon it fetched?
$17500 (inc Stamp duty) !!

If someone had bought my AH, i'd have given it some serious thought at that price!

Tfer
23rd April 2007, 07:52 PM
Should have told us, and we could have done a group buy, sold it, and shared the profits! :D

pred8r
23rd April 2007, 08:01 PM
Just out of curiosity, whats the cheapest car on your books?

Calibrated
23rd April 2007, 08:08 PM
Thats just not cricket...

Poogene2001
23rd April 2007, 08:32 PM
Just out of curiosity, whats the cheapest car on your books?

Cheapest residual value? or Cheapest Purchase price?
Basically you can lease any car on a Novated Lease (so i suppose technically, the Hyundai Getz is the cheapest new car you can have on lease @ $12990).

But if you mean residual value, then we have some Symbion Pathology Toyota Echo's with 180,000+ km, sketchy service history and a colourful accident history going for around $5000 (2-3 years old mind you!)

dieselhead
23rd April 2007, 08:43 PM
the residual of my CDTi will be about $14k after 3 years. i estimate it will do about 80,000km by then. no way i'll let that one go, not at that price! :)

pred8r
23rd April 2007, 10:23 PM
But if you mean residual value, then we have some Symbion Pathology Toyota Echo's with 180,000+ km, sketchy service history and a colourful accident history going for around $5000 (2-3 years old mind you!)

That would be residual value then.

Not a bad price, have to remember to contact you if ever the need for el cheapo transport is required.

Poogene2001
23rd April 2007, 10:34 PM
the residual of my CDTi will be about $14k after 3 years. i estimate it will do about 80,000km by then. no way i'll let that one go, not at that price! :)

Don't take that residual value too seriously.
The lease comany's are conservative with their residual values (typically 45% 3 yrs) to avoid making a loss on any car. At LeasePlan if we sell the car for more than the agreed residual value, then the customer gets the difference. If there is a short fall (which means we have done a poor job in controlling residual risk) then LeasePlan has to wear it.
We also offer the drivers the choice of selling the car themselves and paying off the residual (ie residual = 14K after 3 years, you decide to sell it yourself, it goes for $18K, you pay off the 14K owing on the lease and keep $4000 to spend on beer, bongs and hookers).

Poogene2001
23rd April 2007, 10:36 PM
That would be residual value then.

Not a bad price, have to remember to contact you if ever the need for el cheapo transport is required.

Unfortunately, these prices are only avaible to liscenced vehicle traders (LMCT) and LeasePlan staff members (ie me!). More unfortunately, people have been fired for using the system to buy cars and sell them at a profit with out declaring the extra income!
I'm currently looking a 2005 TW Magna (5 yr warranty) for around 13K on road. I know they are ugly, but thats a bargain!

pred8r
23rd April 2007, 11:17 PM
Unfortunately, these prices are only avaible to liscenced vehicle traders (LMCT)

Correct me if Im wrong, but if you found a vehicle you wanted, then approached a LMCT to buy it for you with $500-$1k cash for his trouble, itd pretty much be a done deal.

rjastra
24th April 2007, 09:36 AM
I'm currently looking a 2005 TW Magna (5 yr warranty) for around 13K on road. I know they are ugly, but thats a bargain!

So young yet so wise :) See if you can find an base spec AWD version.

Poogene2001
24th April 2007, 06:05 PM
Correct me if Im wrong, but if you found a vehicle you wanted, then approached a LMCT to buy it for you with $500-$1k cash for his trouble, itd pretty much be a done deal.

You are probably right. I doubt there is a single motor trader who wouldnt be up for making a quick buck. But he would need to be on the LeasePlan tender list (ie cars that we dispose of ourselves, as opposed to cars we emply pickles to sell for us) to have access to the weekly listings of available cars.

So young yet so wise :) See if you can find an base spec AWD version.

I dont think I'd go for the AWD version, from what i hear they are heavier, thirstier and produce lower peak power and torque figures. Plus they have a smaller fuel tank and 16" wheels (which means more expensive rubber!).
Basically CHEEP CHEEP is what i want my car to sing for a few years.

pred8r
24th April 2007, 06:50 PM
Basically CHEEP CHEEP is what i want my car to sing for a few years.

You could go a prius and get echo/yaris economy at 4x the price.....oh :(

Poogene2001
24th April 2007, 06:55 PM
Had a Prius go this week thru the tender, but wont know the final sell price till next week. Im sure they hold their value pretty well.
Its magna all the way for me!

rjastra
25th April 2007, 02:07 PM
Had a Prius go this week thru the tender, but wont know the final sell price till next week. Im sure they hold their value pretty well.
Its magna all the way for me!

Magnas are exceptional value... and , if you want, "most" of the power of the VRX/Sport can be had buy a cheap replacement of the rear muffler (a factory item).

phat-dave
28th April 2007, 02:50 PM
the guaranteed purchase price for my '06 SRI which is on a 24 month lease is $17572 inc GST .... I think I'll opt to buy it, sell at profit then lease something else

ive only got 13 months to go... any punters wanna speculate what she'll be worth - it'll have 55kms ... its standard, in black with rear parking sensors

Poogene2001
28th April 2007, 03:49 PM
Should sell for $24K with no problems (imho)