PDA

View Full Version : Flashing a 2.2 astra sri

DCP
22nd April 2007, 09:45 PM
Hey guys, Can some explain the difference between "flashing" and "remapping"?? Are they the same thing? Has any one re mapped or flashed their astra 2.2 sri or even vectra 2.2?

auzvectra
22nd April 2007, 10:06 PM
they are the same thing.
do you have the TS or AH sri?
we havent flashed a 2.2L sri yet, but have done the Astra turbo (TS), 2.6L vectra and just recently a the 1.8L astra (X18XE).

auzvectra
22nd April 2007, 10:07 PM
oh and the vectra B, has a C22SEL motor, not the Z22SE of the Sri astra.
the Vectra C does have the Z22SE but runs can bus, so we cannot flash them.

DCP
23rd April 2007, 12:14 AM
oh and the vectra B, has a C22SEL motor, not the Z22SE of the Sri astra.
the Vectra C does have the Z22SE but runs can bus, so we cannot flash them.
Sorry dude. I own a TS 2003 astra sri 2.2. How much more power did you pull from your recent remapps....oh and instead of remapping, if i was to buy the powerchip how much would it cost to tune the new chip?? I know for the 2.2 ts powerchip quotes $890. As you can tell im still getting my head around the technology. You guys in QLD?? I need something local to melb. Thanks for the prompt reply.

auzvectra
23rd April 2007, 07:04 AM
we havent run the cars on a dyno, but i know we did get a decent increase out of the 2.6L vectra, powerchip do exactly the same thing we do, remap/flash the ecu with a new file.
we dont quote any power figures as most people that do, are either completely random figures, or exagerated quite a bit.
i will see about the locl agent for you ;).

DCP
27th April 2007, 03:31 PM
Thank you. Something local will be awesome. (off topic) Would you have a hook in melbourne for a vectra C intake pipe??. Not sure how much they will cost. Should i maybe go through holden and have them f*?K me around with time (and money) getting it from vauxhall. I want to mod the air box with a de-restriction and a K&N panel filter. Give it some healthy lungs..eh. Once all this is done a remapp will benifit me greatly. I recently forked out some cash for a remus cat back dual pipe setup....i will say it again.. a remapp .Greatly appriciated dude!

auzvectra
27th April 2007, 06:16 PM
best bet for the pipe is ebay, just a lil cheaper then holden, search "astra large intake"

DCP
28th April 2007, 05:48 PM
Ledgend. I have found one on ebay, but i will wait till i get a quote from holden to compare apples. Last thing i want is a 2D picture then on arrival from the UK a 3D crack in the pipe. Cheers again.:D

Dave
29th April 2007, 05:29 PM
how well did the 1.8 go with the remap?

auzvectra
30th April 2007, 02:25 PM
it was the X18XE, so different to yours. yours is coming but ;).
my diag module wouldnt connect to it for some reason, so i could do any figures.
but the 1st trial the owner was surprised, reduced flat spots/bog down ect...
and more drivability on sports mode (auto).

Dave
1st May 2007, 03:12 AM
awesome, now all i need is that darn turbo or s/c kit, hey i had another idea, sit the sc14 ontop of the block and just add a bonnet scoop :D plenty of room for the pipeing that way, plus cool air hitting the s/c wont hurt :rolleyes: