PDA

View Full Version : Astra VXR @ the perth motor show

UnKnOwN
22nd April 2007, 05:31 PM
well, i just went to the perth motor show yesterday and i saw something that shows holden's dodgyness.... =P the badge on the steering wheel of the astra VXR is the OPEL FLASH badge.... lol... the cheap bastards didnt bother changing the badge? =P

ill upload the pic later when i can be bothered ^^

EL BURITO
22nd April 2007, 05:38 PM
derr. every one knows that. to make a new air bag costs to much so we got the opel one.

EL BURITO
22nd April 2007, 05:40 PM
didnt see the VXR at the show thou. i am guessing it was hidden up up the back.

Shaun
22nd April 2007, 06:05 PM
derr. every one knows that. to make a new air bag costs to much so we got the opel one.

Exactly the answer to that... ADR rulling must have an airbag test carried out. And the cost for Opel to do it for 200 units a year is extremely costly. Not to worry. Still looks good no matter what.

Was the interior still silver or with Black inserts?

Wraith
22nd April 2007, 08:27 PM
didnt see the VXR at the show thou. i am guessing it was hidden up up the back.

Same story at the Melb. international motor show.....only one VXR on display and shoved right over one far corner of the HSV dispaly area - obviously they don't care too much for the type :rolleyes:

I still think it's totally ridiculous, as mentioned by unknown, the way the car has been left multiple brand badged for our market, regardless of the costs involved, or numbers ordered, HSV are asking top dollar for this car, so 'they' should've followed it through thouroughly !

The only people who see this as a good thing or bonus are those out there wanting to Opelise the car anyway, if GMH/HSV were to ever find out about that, I'll bet they might consider using this as a reason and not the cost issue 'excuse' ;)

kabel
22nd April 2007, 09:05 PM
Shaun
The interior was still silver,though all doors were locked on the HSV models
when I went on Saturday morning.
Don`t know why when kids were jumping in and out of BMW`s and Audi`s
you think would let potential buyers get a better look at the cars

EL BURITO
22nd April 2007, 09:15 PM
Still anoyed me that they didnt have a VW Polo GTI or a audi A3 there.

and seeing as i has able to get a good look thru the volvo C30.

and then ford with the XR4 we cant be bothered with is it as it still had the ST stiched into the seat

MK
22nd April 2007, 09:54 PM
Same story at the Melb. international motor show.....only one VXR on display and shoved right over one far corner of the HSV dispaly area - obviously they don't care too much for the type :rolleyes:

I still think it's totally ridiculous, as mentioned by unknown, the way the car has been left multiple brand badged for our market, regardless of the costs involved, or numbers ordered, HSV are asking top dollar for this car, so 'they' should've followed it through thouroughly !

The only people who see this as a good thing or bonus are those out there wanting to Opelise the car anyway, if GMH/HSV were to ever find out about that, I'll bet they might consider using this as a reason and not the cost issue 'excuse' ;)

Completely agree with you...as an Opel fan and follower i definiately do not agree with the explanation of the homologation of the airbag costs when they are charging a top dolar for the car in the end...
however HSV probably knows the average buyer will not care about the Opel\VxR\HSV badging shared across one car ;) ha ha...

Poogene2001
22nd April 2007, 11:18 PM
I quite like the idea of being reminded that the car is from Europe every time I looked down at my steering wheel.
Still goes as fast, looks as good and gets your blood rushing as quickly, regardless of which badge is stuck to the thing.

dug74
22nd April 2007, 11:23 PM
I quite like the idea of being reminded that the car is from Europe every time I looked down at my steering wheel.
Still goes as fast, looks as good and gets your blood rushing as quickly, regardless of which badge is stuck to the thing.

I agree...but its really shows that HSV still only care about the V8's.

I thought HSV would be proud ot have the HSV badges on everything they could.

Aww well...most ppl who buy the VXR which in itself is not HSV <Vauxhall Racing> only buy it for looks and performance...not for the badges...it could be a daewoo and they would still buy it....ok maybe not <chuckles>

The next batch could be different, who knows....we will have to wait and see how the HSV VXR goes.

Cheers
DUG74

Shaun
23rd April 2007, 06:13 AM
The cost is outrages for 200 Units a year. you have to Be able to rocover those kinds of cost. The cost on the change to Holden and Vauxhall is Justifiable.

HSV wouldnt make a cent on the car if they were to changed it . Next Batch will more then likely be the same Dug. Ill be able to tell you guys at the end og June when they arrive.

Personally i woulld prefer A HSV Logo on the wheel. But at the end of the day if it dont come with one i will still buy the car. Its only a minor issue.

One thing though compared to other Hot Hatches they have a Build Number. Meaning the will hold a better value later on considering only 200 a year are imported.

Wraith
23rd April 2007, 01:01 PM
One thing though compared to other Hot Hatches they have a Build Number. Meaning the will hold a better value later on considering only 200 a year are imported.

I can tell you for a fact, having owned V8 HSV's myself, in terms of re-sale value - having a build number means absolutely sweet F/A !!! when your re-selling, no one gives a rats sfinkta and certainly no ones going to pay more because of it !

HSV's have a similar depreciation rate as any other vehicle in the basic Holden range !

In fact when Holden and HSV released the VE range at a lower new buy price than the previous VZ's it instantly devalued that previous range by a similar amount that an extra 3 years would've done...

Having a build number may add individuality or recognition to the car and might make 'you' the owner feel better, but that's about all it's worth ;)

rjastra
23rd April 2007, 01:19 PM
Having a build number may add individuality or recognition to the car and might make 'you' the owner feel better, but that's about all it's worth ;)

Harsh but true :)

dug74
23rd April 2007, 08:34 PM
I can tell you for a fact, having owned V8 HSV's myself, in terms of re-sale value - having a build number means absolutely sweet F/A !!! when your re-selling, no one gives a rats sfinkta and certainly no ones going to pay more because of it !

HSV's have a similar depreciation rate as any other vehicle in the basic Holden range !

In fact when Holden and HSV released the VE range at a lower new buy price than the previous VZ's it instantly devalued that previous range by a similar amount that an extra 3 years would've done...

Oh i know....have a friend who had a HSV GTS (VZ) and after 8 months traded it for the new HSV GTS (VE) and got a nice $50K for his car...and nice $30K loss and he was buying a $90K car....so yeah.. HSV isnt good on resale...neither is FPV...its just a ford.

Im hoping the MPS keeps it value as its the first model under the new nameplate.

Cheers
DUG74

Wraith
24th April 2007, 08:55 AM
Historically speaking, Mazdas have always held their value better than Holdens and Fords....

Being a sports model, with a popular following, I'd say that the re-sale value would be good, if the car is kept in good nik as well....if Mazda release a new updated, better MPS 3, then the current car will lose value more so than if there is no follow up, or in the rare cases where the new model releases have been worse than the previous model.

In any case, I would say with considerable confidence, the depreciation on your MPS 3 will be less than any of the Holden or Ford hot hatches, but not as good as the VW Golf Gti - that car has a strangle hold on the popularity stakes, which keeps it's value high :rolleyes: