PDA

View Full Version : (EOI) C20SEL/C22SEL tuning

auzvectra
22nd April 2007, 12:38 AM
i realised i havent done a thread for the vectra 2.0L and 2.2L yet.
so is any1 interested in a tune on these models?

Calibrated
30th April 2007, 09:32 AM
make a plan for c20xe

InsaneAsylum
30th April 2007, 11:54 AM
i wish i had the cash to invest in this mate... unfortunately i can't budget for it at the moment as i have bigger fish to fry, otherwise i'd be interested.

i'm taking gold coin donations :D

"my name is njumbo *click* and i am a starving child in africa who would be able to get to the food faster if my car was faster. a remap would improve the performance of my car, in turn improving my quality of life. for only 1 or 2 dollars, you can make a difference..." :p

oneightoo
30th April 2007, 12:00 PM
make a plan for c20xe

different type of cpu unfortunaltey..

tho if you want a "powerchip" send a PM to CAL.16V..

auzvectra
30th April 2007, 02:17 PM
"my name is njumbo *click* and i am a starving child in africa who would be able to get to the food faster if my car was faster. a remap would improve the performance of my car, in turn improving my quality of life. for only 1 or 2 dollars, you can make a difference..." :p

not very politically correct ;), but golden :).

Calibrated
30th April 2007, 02:27 PM
i wish i had the cash to invest in this mate... unfortunately i can't budget for it at the moment as i have bigger fish to fry, otherwise i'd be interested.

i'm taking gold coin donations :D

hhaha, dude, you are seriously whacked in the head.:p

coldzero
1st May 2007, 09:51 AM
I have a Vectra 2.2, what performance mods you thinking about?

auzvectra
1st May 2007, 06:21 PM
ecu remap.
where are you located?

coldzero
3rd May 2007, 07:38 AM
I'm located in Sydney, just noticed your on the Gold Coast

Clint
3rd May 2007, 06:07 PM
as you already know i am interested :)

auzvectra
3rd May 2007, 09:46 PM
i know you are clint ;).
we dont have 1 of the module's for yours in sydney, but i will pass thru from time to time, snow trip, targa tas, ect... if i go.

Shay
4th May 2009, 02:21 AM
i know you are clint ;).
we dont have 1 of the module's for yours in sydney, but i will pass thru from time to time, snow trip, targa tas, ect... if i go.

you still waitin to do a c22sel?
and there a lil cheaper first time yeah :D

i might bump up the wa thread again

EDIT actually most of them have AH's so prob would be a no go

auzvectra
4th May 2009, 09:04 AM
yeah, always possible. if you can generate the interest ;).
there was a newbie ova there there that was interested too.

Calibrated
4th May 2009, 09:30 AM
do you have a tune for the z32se?

nuggz
4th May 2009, 09:56 AM
do you have a tune for the z32se?

canbus system
$$ to get the equipment apparently

Nurb608
4th May 2009, 10:37 AM
Come on matt, it's only about 4K for the gear, splash out :p

auzvectra
4th May 2009, 11:17 AM
Come on matt, it's only about 4K for the gear, splash out :p

yes bout 4 1/2K us$ i think it was.

i may 1 day, if the interest and $$$ are there. if i did they wouldnt be at $600 nemore but for all the canbus systems.

Jerram
4th May 2009, 02:19 PM
you know mate if I had got stimulated by big kev I would've got one along with getting the tappets replaced, but then again I didn't. Shame that.

DWS 92
13th October 2011, 08:31 PM
Old thread, I know so apologies for ressurecting, but ive been looking for a remap Matt.. Do you still do them?

auzvectra
14th October 2011, 10:31 AM
Old thread, I know so apologies for ressurecting, but ive been looking for a remap Matt.. Do you still do them?

WOW!! that has to top it on ressurection of an old thread. 4 yrs on ;). hahaha, not to mention me actually seeing it. dont get much time to get on here these days.

there simply wasnt enough interest in the vectra 4cyl tuning to warrant investing much time into them sorry. in fact, most the tuning is dead now as most the cars on here that can be tuned easily and cheaply have been ;), but if i do step back into the world of expanding the tuning portfolio. i'll let you know :).

nuggz
14th October 2011, 10:34 AM

Hey mate
If matt doesn't get back into it

The motor has been off the map for almost a decade now
in terms of gaining performance, you'd be best off looking at mechanical mods then a piggy back or standalone ECU

auzvectra
14th October 2011, 10:41 AM
Hey mate
If matt doesn't get back into it

The motor has been off the map for almost a decade now
in terms of gaining performance, you'd be best off looking at mechanical mods then a piggy back or standalone ECU

which unfortunately all means big $$$ for very little gains unfortunately :(. but also, if you were goin that far, for a little extra (although i think your on your p's right?) a turbo will add into that equation nicely. stock astra turbo, low boost will run ok on the stock internals n give a nice extra kick.

DWS 92
14th October 2011, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I kinda figured there wouldnt be much interest intuning the 4 cyl vectras here in aus. And yeah, I am still on my p's, but when I get my opens I was wanting to do a turbo conversion.. Oh well, ill just have to suffer for now, lol :(

Edit: Mechanical mods are impossible to come by for me.. I have looked everywhere and the only conclusiin I have come to is to have my cams reprofiled, or custom parts made like extractors. Its annoying not being able to find performance mods for the C22.. Grr

benzino
14th October 2011, 07:18 PM
cams from the x20xev should fit
and you can buy extractors, hi-tech and hurricane make them (Poita has some he would sell you)
http://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/product_info.php?products_id=3637&osCsid=3890b8c3dd556cd796698af48bc1ec80

Shay
15th October 2011, 05:59 AM
Yeah, I kinda figured there wouldnt be much interest intuning the 4 cyl vectras here in aus. And yeah, I am still on my p's, but when I get my opens I was wanting to do a turbo conversion.. Oh well, ill just have to suffer for now, lol :(

Edit: Mechanical mods are impossible to come by for me.. I have looked everywhere and the only conclusiin I have come to is to have my cams reprofiled, or custom parts made like extractors. Its annoying not being able to find performance mods for the C22.. Grr

theres more you can do...

cams from the x20xev should fit
and you can buy extractors, hi-tech and hurricane make them (Poita has some he would sell you)
http://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/product_info.php?products_id=3637&osCsid=3890b8c3dd556cd796698af48bc1ec80

no point with the cams, would be a step backwards.
the c22sel are the better ones for tuners of the 2L's and turbo boys, its just easier to get the x20xev ones...

EDIT: tho in saying all that, theres still more stuff you can do to yours susp wise which i reckon is far more worth it.

ive started a parts collection to turbo mine, and its not a cheap exercise, spent 3500 ish atm, and still got about 3000 worth left to buy...

benzino
15th October 2011, 08:28 PM
if I had 10k to drop on my engine i would go (n/a):
cams
quad TBs
high comp pistons
quaife lsd
ex and in port matching
2.5" exhaust with a long primary header
and stand-alone engine management

but then, spend 10k on a turbo setup and you would be double or triple the power

also shay, could you translate "the c22sel are the better ones for tuners of the 2L's and turbo boys, its just easier to get the x20xev ones..."
hahaha
are you talking about cams?

anyway, you can drool over this: qedmotorsport.co.uk/the-engines/vauxhall-ecotec-x20xev/

poita
15th October 2011, 08:37 PM
no point with the cams, would be a step backwards.
the c22sel are the better ones for tuners of the 2L's and turbo boys, its just easier to get the x20xev ones...

also shay, could you translate "the c22sel are the better ones for tuners of the 2L's and turbo boys, its just easier to get the x20xev ones..."
hahaha
are you talking about cams?

im pretty sure hes talking about cams

and i dont see no mention of a $10k budget.......

benzino
15th October 2011, 08:49 PM
i'm just saying that's about the median price of a quality high performance street set-up

also, so he's saying that the c22sel cams are the best you can get? and are even better than aftermarket QED x20xev cams?

poita
15th October 2011, 09:11 PM
no, better than the standard cams in an x20

benzino
15th October 2011, 09:39 PM
I think the confusion stems from what I originally said
I meant that cams are available that fit the x20xev and will fit the c22sel

not THE cams from an x20xev

my bad

Shay
16th October 2011, 06:26 AM
i'm just saying that's about the median price of a quality high performance street set-up

also, so he's saying that the c22sel cams are the best you can get? and are even better than aftermarket QED x20xev cams?

Depends also on what you call high performance ;)

and you are both right, i was saying c22's are better than x20's (which as you metioned is where the confusion stemmed from) but def not the best you could get, i couled design up much better ones an get them grinded, but cbf, too much time, money and work. easier to wack on a turbo and get about 3 times as much power as stock....

anooyingly im kinda at the limit with my car atm... im often sitting at full throttle around corners, which is just plain annoying....
handling is obviously welll above power output... not complaining about turning corners at 2.5 times the suggested speed...

[/drunk-and-in-a-bad-place] (sorry)