PDA

View Full Version : Corsa C SRi 60k service

pred8r
20th April 2007, 05:15 PM
Got Wife to ring for some quotes today;

Ultratune $735
GM Service #1 $760
GM Service #2 "around $800" (and also that "the cambelt service was at 120k NOT 60k")
GM Service #3 "around $900"

Mrs Pred said Ultratune named what was going to be replaced/serviced and that 2+3 plucked their price from the air.

She was saying that Ultratune gave her the most confidence as to what would be done and that I should take it there.
My ONLY issues for not taking it to Ultratune and taking it to #3 is that it forms part of my 'Holden Certified' extended warranty and that I need the car tech2'd to turn the middle east speed alert on.

A couple of questions for you all;
Why such a price difference for a 'book' service?
Is the 'holden certified' warranty worth it? (considering its $120 more than ultratune?)

xplosv57
20th April 2007, 06:44 PM
With my past experience with the certified used car warranty, no its not worth it, but in my situation the servicing dealer was 90km away so travelling was an issue with servicing it and then to get the Holden mark up, considering i can service it myself, was stupid!!!

SKM_87
20th April 2007, 09:42 PM
did no.2 say the bel;t was due at 120k not 60k??? thats a expensive service. i got cam belt n tensioners done on my car when i brought it by holden (couldnt do it myself, on other side of country) and that was only 400. a service aint another 300

Poogene2001
21st April 2007, 11:16 AM
You have to bear in mind that a Holden Dealer will charge you a "book time" labour charge for doing this service. Whether it takes them 2 hours or 6 hours, they will charge the standard Corsa 60,000km service time (which can probably be found in your handbook or on the net). So the bulk of the $800 will be labour (4.5 hours @ $90 per hour = $405) + T/belt & Tensioner kit ($230) + filters, oil, sundries & waste disposal and its not hard to see how it can sprial upto $1000.
The only reason ultra tune is cheaper is that their labour rate per hour is less, and they use non genuine filters and parts.

EL BURITO
21st April 2007, 12:26 PM
but if they are unfamilia with the vehical wats to say it is not going to take ultra tune longer to do the service.

my 60k was $600 at Holden but there is still a $300 difference between quotes i recived

suprised you are only getting to 60 now. mine is getting close to te 75.