PDA

View Full Version : Astra G/TS central locking question

DirtyHarry
20th April 2007, 12:57 PM
hey guys,

can you please tell. if you sit inside the door and only use the internal door locks. is the drivers one the only one that unlocks and locks all the doors at once?

by that i mean for example. if you sit in the passangers side, and press door on the door lock, does that lock all the other doors? or is this only acheived from the drivers door.?

another example would be if all the doors are locked and i was sitting in the rear seat and pull the lock up, would it unlock all the other doors or just that single one?

imay
20th April 2007, 01:07 PM
Driver's door lock button activates ALL the locks. The other door/s lock buttons only activate that respective door.
Think the driver's door lock button will also lock (but not deadlock) the boot/tailgate.

Driver's door contains the "master" lock.

AF1R
20th April 2007, 01:12 PM
Thats right, if u sit in the passenger, unlocking & locking ur door does not affect the other doors in the car.

DirtyHarry
20th April 2007, 01:23 PM
ahh ok great. i thought that i had a problem in my car.
didnt really pay any attention to the other locks until today.
silly silly me

xplosv57
20th April 2007, 05:34 PM
Hmmm depends what car it is, but in some cars if the front passenger door is locked/unlocked, it also locks/unlocks the other doors!!!

DirtyHarry
21st April 2007, 01:25 PM
im talking about a Astra TS/G

platypus
21st April 2007, 06:30 PM
hmm interesting - i know that your not talking about the F but my passenger unlocks, but doesn't lock!!

DirtyHarry
22nd April 2007, 03:39 PM
so your saying in your astra g. the passangers side unlocks all the doors?

Wraith
22nd April 2007, 08:48 PM
I think he's talking about the Astra F (Mk3) :rolleyes:

For your Astra G (TS) the question's been answered correctly by the other guys above ;)

platypus
23rd April 2007, 08:39 PM
yes thats why i said the F does that... weird...

DirtyHarry
23rd April 2007, 09:46 PM
ahh yeah ok... does the "F" have a door lock on the passangers side?

its weird cause in commodores you can open all the door locks from any door lock in the car.

Vectracious
23rd April 2007, 11:51 PM
yes, question answered several times.