PDA

View Full Version : Holden Dealer Looks After Me

MatsHolden
19th April 2007, 01:10 PM
Ok, I know a lot is said about the incompetence of Holden dealers. But they do do some good things I would deem as very good customer service. Well at least the dealer I go to does.

Yesterday I took my car in to book it in for next Thursday for some warranty issues that I told them about before my warranty ran out over a month ago. So all is fine, booked it in. I then got the car home and noticed transmission oil spewing out of the drive shaft area. So took it back to them and the bloke said oh yeh we'll just have a look at it next Thursday. So I thought hmmok, went back home but decided it was too much leaking out to last until then so back down I went and they kept it overnight a drove me home in a new SS-V. (very nice :D) Turns out it's a driveshaft seal. Now this is where the good customer service comes in...

It is being covered under warranty even though it is over a month out of warranty and has been lowered and had larger rims put on it. Just one of those reasons would be enough for some dealers to say no, its not covered.

So I say thumbs up and thought people should know about the good things as we only ever really hear about the bad things.

Tfer
19th April 2007, 01:23 PM
Certainly great service Mat.... here's hoping it continues.

Just goes to show that not all service centres are manned by tossers ;)

Why not advertise for the members which one it was :)

MatsHolden
19th April 2007, 01:40 PM
Why not advertise for the members which one it was :)

yeh, i'm a bit reluctant, because whenever I reccomend something to someone like a restaurant for example, it is never the same! haha I'll wait until I get the car back first... :p

kirssn
19th April 2007, 02:06 PM
sounds like you got looked after very well...

I had a few issues myself last week with my astra - 6 weeks out of warranty, new management at the dealership I use and the car wasn't booked in.

Walked into the dealership, spoke to the first person available, explained my issue. That person contacted the DSM on the spot who said fix it, parts and labour under warranty.

I didn't expect them to cover it nor did I ask them to... they just went ahead and organised it that way.....

Not all dealerships are as bad as they're made out to be...

JohnBu
19th April 2007, 02:17 PM
it really depends on the people working there.

They are not all the same, some dealers are good, some are sharks. Just like every other group...

However, if you do receive poor service, let the GM of the dealership now.

likewise, get excellent service above and beyond their responsibility, also let the GM know.

pred8r
19th April 2007, 03:24 PM
likewise, get excellent service above and beyond their responsibility, also let the GM know.

People could lose their job for things like this.:)

MatsHolden
19th April 2007, 04:28 PM
People could lose their job for things like this.:)

For smart customer service? I doubt it.

MatsHolden
19th April 2007, 05:17 PM
Well got the car back and all is fixed. They steam cleaned the engine bay so looks clean as, washed the car and also tyreshined my tyres.. so all in all very happy. Will be writing a thankyou letter.

Tfer
19th April 2007, 05:20 PM
Well got the car back and all is fixed. They steam cleaned the engine bay so looks clean as, washed the car and also tyreshined my tyres.. so all in all very happy. Will be writing a thankyou letter.

So what is the name of the Dealership Mat? :)

MatsHolden
19th April 2007, 05:24 PM
So what is the name of the Dealership Mat? :)

oh yeh.. lol it's John Collins Holden.

jsantos
21st April 2007, 10:49 PM
Just want to agree with you, I've been 100% surprised with the level of service that i've received from both holden and my holden dealer, Holden defenatly do know the value of good customer service.

entice
22nd April 2007, 07:43 AM
Good customer service usually goes out to Good customers.. funny that.

Politeness and honesty when dealing with dealerships goes a long way.

well done to teh dealership, and well done for rewarding the service centre with your letter of appreciation.

Dave
22nd April 2007, 03:30 PM
Holden dont like me........haha so far theyve told me to go stick it for aphuew items.