PDA

View Full Version : New 1.8 engines...

Mainframe_Module
16th April 2007, 09:12 PM
its getting close to june and im getting more and more excited about finally getting my bloody astra/manual that ive been planning on and off for what seems like forever.

but i was wondering - does anyone know if the new engine is the same engine that is just modified? or a totally new one?
like is it based on the old 1.8? or is it a totally new design?

reason im asking is that the older one seems a pretty well tested engine and from what ive been reading seems to be pretty dependable.
but any extra juice is welcomed and when i test drove the older one it seemed punchy enough in the coupe so this one will hopfully be even better.

has anyone driven one yet? i know some of you work at car places, thought you might be able to comment on the new engines?

oh, and closer to the date im going to purchase i will be nagging you all to tell me what you think is the best price i can get and what you would be willing to pay with the specs i want.....i dont want to get screwed over :P

taa :D

Red AH SRI T
17th April 2007, 07:42 AM
When the first one arrives, and i take it for a drive i will let u know what its like ;)

rjastra
17th April 2007, 08:51 AM
Are you waiting for the "end of financial year" sales? :)

InsaneAsylum
17th April 2007, 08:54 AM
hopefully they didn't make the timing belt in the new astras out of play-doh

Mainframe_Module
17th April 2007, 12:07 PM
not to much end of year sales as much as june is when i get my bonus which ill be putting towards it, and should cover any gaps with my current cars trade in and stuff

but yeah i spose it will be around that time.....

i want the manual coupe cdx in moonland. and a friend who used to work for holden in qld told me i could be able to get one for 26-27 drive away, so thats the price range im hoping to be able to get it for.

but yeah, let us know what its like when you get one in :D

do you know when they are due into dealerships? i wanna test drive one of em

xplosv57
17th April 2007, 07:01 PM
You can get a manual CDX for 25-26k easy, just gotta know how to work the salesman to your favour, hassle them till you get what you want!!!!

Red AH SRI T
17th April 2007, 07:44 PM
If you're looking to buy one dealers will be more keen to do a deal on the AH7 models, rather than the new AH7.5 especially considering Holden doesn't start the launch adveretising for the new engine and facelift until after the EOFY sales so most people won't even know about the new specs

Mainframe_Module
17th April 2007, 10:38 PM
hmm spose so, i might test drive both and see wether i can feel any difference ay, cause otherwise they are pretty much the same aside from the front bumper...ill see what happens

xplosv57 - did you mean the coupe or the hatch? cause i think the hatch is cheaper by 1 or 2 grand.

Red AH SRI T
18th April 2007, 07:42 AM
The CDX hatch is cheaper by $2000.

HOWEVER

The coupe has the leather seats as standard, which are a $2200 option on the hatch.

Which means the hatch ends up being $200 more than the coupe :D

Mainframe_Module
18th April 2007, 10:18 AM
i wish the sea breeze blue or whatever it was called was still being made, i think it would be a toss up between that and moonland, though i love moonland.

anyway...so either way im looking at 26-28k drive away yeah?

xplosv57
18th April 2007, 10:51 AM
Nope i definetely meant the Coupe, ive mentioned it here before, but my mate and i bargained a CDX manual Coupe down to $26k driveaway brand new!!!

Mainframe_Module
18th April 2007, 12:09 PM
awesome, when im looking i'll lie and say "a friend of mine got theirs for 26k driveaway" and whinge and bitch and not settle until the price is around that mark.

the problem will probably be my trade in, i know they are going to be like "because you want x for your trade in, we cant give you as much of a discount"...so ill see what happens there, ill be pushing for as much as i can get though...im not there to make a friend - im there to buy a car, i learnt that last time.

Jackson
18th April 2007, 03:55 PM
so try get the best price you can and then tell them you have a trade in :)

xplosv57
18th April 2007, 05:06 PM
so try get the best price you can and then tell them you have a trade in :)

LOL i came up with that same idea a few days ago haha, hope it works!!!!

Mainframe_Module
18th April 2007, 05:32 PM
the problem is they usually ask if you have one BEFORE giving you a price, on both the time when i bought my yaris, when my mum bought her magna and also when i almost got an astra over christmas (which would have been a ****ing rip off at 27990 for a CD coupe :mad: ), all times they asked if there was a trade in when asked what the price would be drive away :\

but yeah...ill see i guess

Red AH SRI T
18th April 2007, 08:47 PM
if u want a good deal, u can always come see me :D

Mainframe_Module
18th April 2007, 10:43 PM
ooh you're in sydney too!

awesome, which dealership are you at?

EL BURITO
18th April 2007, 10:43 PM
Its cos at the end of the day it just meens they have another car to shift and that u need to get rid of.

Red AH SRI T
19th April 2007, 08:00 AM
ooh you're in sydney too!

awesome, which dealership are you at?

Heartland @ Parramatta

Mainframe_Module
19th April 2007, 10:09 AM
awesome, ill definately keep it in mind, im in rockdale so parramatta is a bit out west from me - but if it means saving munnies then i'll go there :D

Mainframe_Module
19th April 2007, 12:12 PM
one of the dealers ive been talking to over email for a while is going to fax me some informationon the new ones, that they apparently got yesterday?

hmmmm ill see if theres anything on it that they havent put on the site yet :)

Red AH SRI T
19th April 2007, 01:47 PM
you could just download the Brochure for the new AH7.5 from the Holden Website, that will tell you everything you need to know.

Mainframe_Module
19th April 2007, 06:57 PM
already did that as soon as the other person made the post about the 7.5 on here.

ah well, i thought maybe he had extra info on it *shrug*

he said he should be able to do the same price as he told me about before, around 26ish-27 but ideally id like it to be around 26 and get whats owing on my yarii.

ill be in contact on here red,id be happy to travel to parra if it means getting a good deal and knowing that the person im buying it from has a genuine interest in cars and opels and knows their shit.

Fuzz
16th May 2007, 12:13 AM
Hey im a new member...

But i just ordered a AH CD manual and wasnt to bad on the power side when i test drove...

CDX should see $26000 on road no worries...

I got mine for $23k on road!!!

Mainframe_Module
16th May 2007, 10:19 AM
is that the coupe or hatch fuzz?

was it the brand new 7.5 ones?

Fuzz
16th May 2007, 02:37 PM
is that the coupe or hatch fuzz?

was it the brand new 7.5 ones?

That was for april 2007 7.5 CD Hatch 5door!!!

Mainframe_Module
16th May 2007, 08:09 PM
cool, im looking at the coupe ones though so i think they are a bit more :\