PDA

View Full Version : (SYD) Best Place for Rear Swaybar Install

Huhness
13th April 2007, 09:03 AM
Hey guys booking my car in and a friends (Shhh its a B'day present! :dance:)

Need to know a good place to have this installed? Anywhere around sydney metro area and willing to go up to central coast just cos i like the drive and would be awesome to test out the sway bar on the way back through the old princes highway! :eek:

It'll probably set me back around $300 a car if they are done together eh?

EL BURITO
13th April 2007, 10:45 AM
why dont you do it your self. it is easy.

Huhness
13th April 2007, 10:49 AM
do you need to take anything apart??

Or do you just lift the rear and drill the 2 holes and bolt it in?

EL BURITO
13th April 2007, 11:28 AM
no drilling involved. need a jack, axel stands and a socket set and some musles. took me about hour.

EL BURITO
13th April 2007, 11:31 AM
http://www.turblue.com/fileshare/swaybar/AUT_4335.JPG
http://www.turblue.com/fileshare/swaybar/AUT_4346.JPG
just to give u an idea

btm
13th April 2007, 11:59 AM
there is a place up in Manly that does this. A few people here have either bought or had one installed there.

cant remember the name though...

Huhness
13th April 2007, 12:13 PM
Just looked at the guide Turblue made and yea looks really simple we'll give it a go ourselves my dad has some ramps we can use so should be pretty simple! Putting the car up on ramps is fine right? wheels don't need to be off the ground?? or do they for the fitting of the L bracket?

luvpsi
13th April 2007, 12:43 PM
note that if you have lowered springs installed it makes the DIY job a bit more difficult

Huhness
13th April 2007, 12:46 PM
i got SRi so i like the height of my car fine, friend has a Corsa C which is stock also. So hopefully should be an easy job! Ordering bars on payday :D

EL BURITO
13th April 2007, 01:46 PM
theres the one u want for the corsa too
http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9564

EL BURITO
13th April 2007, 01:47 PM
note that if you have lowered springs installed it makes the DIY job a bit more difficult
i fitted alright :)

Huhness
13th April 2007, 01:59 PM
awesome thanks for that! Didn't even know it would be different! :rolleyes:

Still looks pretty simple

blueraven
13th April 2007, 03:11 PM
Lowered springs dont make any difference when the car is jacked up :P

entice
13th April 2007, 06:40 PM
ummm real silly question, but can I ask why you want to add a rear swaybar to an otherwise standard suspension set-up car?

At $300 arent u better off looking at a decent pair of struts rather than a rear bar?

I would be more along the lines of thinking strut brace front, maybe rear.. before the rear swaybar.... But I guess everyone does things differntly.

But, I'd be interested into reasons why a rear swaybar would be desireable (On a standard set-up)

Shaun
13th April 2007, 07:24 PM
Whiteline Suspension @ Minto will have one and be able to fit if for you if you dont want to fit it your self.

luvpsi
14th April 2007, 01:35 AM
ummm real silly question, but can I ask why you want to add a rear swaybar to an otherwise standard suspension set-up car?

At $300 arent u better off looking at a decent pair of struts rather than a rear bar?

I would be more along the lines of thinking strut brace front, maybe rear.. before the rear swaybar.... But I guess everyone does things differntly.

But, I'd be interested into reasons why a rear swaybar would be desireable (On a standard set-up)

some here on this forum say that the rear swaybar has made more difference by itself than installing springs/struts:)

luvpsi
14th April 2007, 01:38 AM
Whiteline Suspension @ Minto will have one and be able to fit if for you if you dont want to fit it your self.

shaun, went to whiteline suspension at minto on tuesday and they told me that they only manufacture their products at the minto location and dont actually sell or install them there:( the sales guy told me that their products have to be purchased through an authorised dealer such as autobarn etc...;) also saw their astra sri-t there parked at the front:D

platypus
14th April 2007, 10:54 AM
Anywhere around sydney metro area and willing to go up to central coast just cos i like the drive and would be awesome to test out the sway bar on the way back through the old princes highway! :eek:most suspension shops can do this work - but as has been said its really very easy to do!!!

also don't take the princes highway if your going to the central coast - (its not there, its in south sydney!!)

try the pacific highway!!

anyway - on the central coast i could only recommend one guy he is at wyee http://www.mdmm.bigpondhosting.com/ numbers and stuff are there - having seen his work and being helped by him with my own would say he is a pretty good guy!