PDA

View Full Version : Steal of the Century i think!!

Lucky_Astra06
12th April 2007, 07:50 PM
finally found myself the new sri t rims for my astra (afta 18 months) for the best price ever imagined incl suspension but need to know what $$ i can trade my astra cd rims in for??

rims in good nick + new goodyear nct 5 wheels on 2nd march and have done bout 2,000km since, so any suggestions peeps??

EL BURITO
12th April 2007, 07:53 PM
you will be lucky to get $300 mate.

Lucky_Astra06
12th April 2007, 08:07 PM
hmm i was aiming for a slightly higher $$... but i guess if i can get 300 in a trade for turbo rims its still an awesome deal im getting :D

EL BURITO
12th April 2007, 08:09 PM
TBH if u can hold off the best bet would be to keep the stock rims in the shed then wack em back on the car when u sell. ppl will probs still want then eg how they do the SRI rims now

3xion
13th April 2007, 07:30 AM
i agree
i have a set sitting there with litterally 150klms on them and i cant get more then 300 for em.

so im just keeping em.

btm
13th April 2007, 08:07 AM
for the best price ever imagined
tell us the price son! :D

MasterSti
13th April 2007, 08:38 AM
I recently sold my XC Barina SRi 16" Alloys with tyres for around $1,000.

I sold on ebay.

Everyone on this forum was telling me I would only get arount $500.

I think you should get around the $1,000 mark.

Sell on ebay dont trade them in as you will get shafted.

Lucky_Astra06
13th April 2007, 07:10 PM
went past to check em out & put deposit down for them 2day and i must admit they look sexy as and are brand spankin new!! was seconds away from drewling all ova them :o

tell us the price son! :D

i paid $2,000 for them BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE... for an extra $400 i got new suspension and the car will be lowered nicely

ill wack sum be4 and afta pics here on the day woo hoo only 7 days to go :dance: i truely felt like a fat kid in a candy store:D

I recently sold my XC Barina SRi 16" Alloys with tyres for around $1,000.

yeh these guys didnt wanna give me $100 for mine... think its cause you got 16" Sri rims which are pretty nice and mines just the crappy 15" cd rims that no1 cares about

pred8r
14th April 2007, 08:25 AM
keep your stockies in the garage. When you decide to sell it put them back on and sell the new ones sep.

maloo97
14th April 2007, 11:39 AM
keep your stockies in the garage. When you decide to sell it put them back on and sell the new ones sep.

Yes true ... I wish i did that :(

Lucky_Astra06
14th April 2007, 10:56 PM
ok the only thing i had on my mind for 2 days now were these rims and just wanted them soo i kinda " called in sik" today at work and got the rims fitted... keepin the stocks in my bros warehouse thnx 4 tip guys

and as promised be4 & afta pics...

before...

after...

what u guys think?

Gildo
15th April 2007, 03:47 PM
looks good....
what suspension did u put in? and from where

Lucky_Astra06
15th April 2007, 08:27 PM
looks good....
what suspension did u put in? and from where

thank you gildo... got pedders suspension supose to have kings but they ordered the wrong ones... the place is called KGP Tyres or sumthin like that on Carlingford Street, Sefton

i kinda got scared cause this guy drove out before me and his wheel almost fell off :eek: so i got them to double check that mine was all good

dustbug
15th April 2007, 08:48 PM
Hey dave,

nice ride, keep the mods going, may see you again at suttons arncliffe car wash!

Lucky_Astra06
15th April 2007, 10:07 PM
Hey dave,

nice ride, keep the mods going, may see you again at suttons arncliffe car wash!

hey mate!!

yeh 4sure how often u go there?
last time i went the machine almost knocked the driverside mirror off so had a bitch & havent been since

kinda bak to washing it myself but cant seem to get in or out of my driveway nymore front bar grinds on driveway and they said it'll drop another 1/2 inch :p so might start heading bak to suttons... got sprung once by water patrol but talked my way out of it!! glad i learnt sumthing at that negotiation conference

dustbug
15th April 2007, 10:16 PM
hahahah fair enough, i didn't go to suttons for around half a year after i got my rims cause i was paranoid about scratching them on the machine, but now its all good, spoke to that oldish fellow that runs it and they don't scrape.

Hmmmm normally head there either monday or wednesday mornings before uni.

Lucky_Astra06
15th April 2007, 10:41 PM
yeh if i go its normally on a sat or if im out working in that area... kind of a mission for me when i gotta trek out from bondi but the drives always heaps good