PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Huhness
11th April 2007, 11:05 AM
Hi i thought i'd introduce myself!

Bought my first car 2 weeks ago a 2003 Astra SRi 2.2L i was going to go for the turbo but with my driving record (all done on my red P plates :() insurance was going to cost a fortune! Don't even ask what i'm paying now :rolleyes:

I'm extremely happy with the Astra! I have been driving toyotas as thats all my family owns, Mum has a Echo and dad has been through 2 camrys.. The feel of the Atsra is completely different! Much more stable on the road and the qaulity feels much better! And then there is the styling! Love it!!

I'll post a picture of my car tonight once i get it off my girlfriends camera :D

Oh yea this car used to be V-R's astra.

[Added Pix]
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b15/Huhness/P4060205.jpg

and with gf's new Yaris YRS
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b15/Huhness/P4060204.jpg

btm
11th April 2007, 11:22 AM
welcome dude, congrats on the purchase... maybe we'll see you on a cruise sometime soon

Tfer
11th April 2007, 01:56 PM
Welcome Huhness to Opelaus............ enjoy your time :D

oneightoo
11th April 2007, 02:23 PM
welcome dude..

but i think its a bit rude of you to just join and then be winning the AFL tipping comp lol jks :p

EL BURITO
11th April 2007, 02:35 PM
Hi...............

Huhness
11th April 2007, 02:42 PM
....................................... Huh? These dotted lines are getting longer!

Dee
11th April 2007, 02:44 PM
it's cos you cant have messages that are less than 10 characters, so he is filling in the space

Huhness
11th April 2007, 02:44 PM
Oh............

EL BURITO
11th April 2007, 02:45 PM
coz i am slack and can think of wity comentents and 1/2 the time i cant even spell then right any ways.

Huhness
11th April 2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys, I was sent here by my good friend Diabolical. We have had some good times in his Green machine :p hahaha he is a nutter behind the wheel of that thing! I think he evan has an opel badge for me :dance:

Anyone know what the best thing is to get rid of light scatches? Brand name of something would be good ;) Or are they best left as is because i'll probably screw up the paint job?

Huhness
12th April 2007, 09:33 AM
Anyone know if stock AH Turbo wheels will definately fit a G? I'm pretty sure they have the same stud spacing and such but the tyres look a bit thicker than the normal 18s you'd buy from somewhere like tempe tyres.. I'm just asking because i was told the new astras had larger wheel wells?

daaaaavek
12th April 2007, 06:34 PM
Welcome to OpelAus dude .. that's a nice looking SRi. Good to see another one join the 'board.

What part of Sydney are you in?

Huhness
12th April 2007, 11:54 PM
Thanks daaaaavek! i live not far from the shire where i see a few members are from.