PDA

View Full Version : K-MAC kits

Nem
1st June 2004, 02:19 PM
Has anyone had any experience with K-MAC (www.k-mac.com.au) kits for the Astra? I see they do anti-roll bars (http://www.k-mac.com.au/about.htm#sway) with poly bushes though they dont seem cheap.

Cheers
Ben

RK
1st June 2004, 05:49 PM
i have K-Mac springs on my car. They are much stiffer than Kings. I was told that they are better. GREAT handling. My friend had K-Mac on his Astina, then he got Kings put in at the back, and he said he got MUCH more body roll, and the car became really bouncy.

I'm actually thinking of going from KMac to Kings, because i want a softer ride (i dont really too much about handling). One thing with Kings, is that they are progressive, so the springs remain the same height as your originals, whereas KMacs are shorter, so if you jack your car up, the rear springs sit loose. Thats just my (Vectra) and my mates (Astina hatch, and sedan) experiences.

XXX-1.8T
1st June 2004, 06:07 PM
I dont know why u guys rave on here about King springs yes they do the job but my mate had them in his Golf and caused him all sorts of grief

I had H&R springs in my A3 and they were awesome, so much so that i changed them and got H&R Coilovers

My mate loved the ride in my car so much that he got a set of H&R's for his Astra from Pedders i think $500 fitted

H&R have the same performance as Eibachs but they are not as stiff, cos they are progressive they are soft on straight roads absorbing bumps etc and stiffen up when u hit bends

I seriously recommend H&R's 8)

RK
1st June 2004, 06:41 PM
very interesting

Nem
1st June 2004, 11:09 PM
I'm yet to get my Eibach's fitted because of a few big weekends. But they're already sitting on my floor here in the lounge. I was hoping to get some sort of swaybar for my SRi but there really is limited availability. Whiteline do a rear unit though I havent heard much about how good they are on the Astra.

Ben