PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Fine Structure (QLD)

Calibrated
7th April 2007, 09:38 AM
Does anybody know the tier structure for speeding in QLD

I think i had my photo taken last night on the M1 (That changes speeds every 500m, bloody stupid road)

It was a White Mercedes Vito, parked in the emergency lane, in an UNLIT area, with NO lights on. (is that not illegal in itself?)

anyway, a flash came from its bumper, there were other cars around me, so i dont know if it was me or not? and i think it was 100zone (changes all the time) was following my GPS speed, which was 108kmh i think.

what is the % you are allowed over? and can i contest this fine if it was in fact me?

xplosv57
7th April 2007, 09:52 AM
Dont know about QLD but in Vic, its 3 km/h over up to 100km/h, then its 3% over, i think 108km/h would still be over, but like i said may be different in QLD!!!

If you had a digital GPS speedo saying 108, why didn't you slow down????

You wont be able to contest it cos you are actually admitting to speeding, so i dont like your chances!!!

Calibrated
7th April 2007, 10:02 AM
Can i also contest that i am Not from australia, and our laws are very different in South Africa (we are allowed 10% over, as that compensates for speedo error) and regarding the Vito in unlit area with no lights? is that legal?

i cant remember if it was 100 or 110 (like i said, it kept changing every bloody 500m)

xplosv57
7th April 2007, 10:14 AM
Again no contest, if youre from South Africa and driving on Australian roads, its trusted that you know our road rules before driving here!!!

Speed cameras can be hidden anywhere, its not uncommon to see police hidden behind bushes etc and you only see them at the last moment so you cant contest there!!!

Fact of the matter is you were speeding, hopefully for your sake they didn't record you at 108km/h and you may get a small fine!!!

Calibrated
7th April 2007, 10:20 AM
Again no contest, if youre from South Africa and driving on Australian roads, its trusted that you know our road rules before driving here!!!

Speed cameras can be hidden anywhere, its not uncommon to see police hidden behind bushes etc and you only see them at the last moment so you cant contest there!!!

Fact of the matter is you were speeding, hopefully for your sake they didn't record you at 108km/h and you may get a small fine!!!

how much should i be expecting (also do i get student discount..lol)

Ishley
7th April 2007, 11:22 AM
I was done on the M1, it was in a dark section, no lights. Our first teir is 14 or more over the speed limit (im pretty sure). Well atleast mine was 124 in a 110 zone.

And no they wont give you discount cause your a student. lol

Calibrated
7th April 2007, 11:25 AM
so 108 in 100? how bad can that be?

auzvectra
7th April 2007, 12:02 PM
they give a 10% clear for incorrect speedo's, mind you most are around 5% over, so it's more like 5%.
and it's 0-13 14-16 i think.

Calibrated
7th April 2007, 12:17 PM
they give a 10% clear for incorrect speedo's, mind you most are around 5% over, so it's more like 5%.
and it's 0-13 14-16 i think.

so then why was i flashed? accoring to my gps (which is supposed to be more accurate than my speedo and i was holding a steady speed for a while) i was within that 0-13

auzvectra
7th April 2007, 12:39 PM
no 0-13 is the 1st level for the fines.
i think it's like 1 point, and like $150-300
i dont know them too well, i dont gets fines these days, i knew the old scale very well but ;).

Calibrated
7th April 2007, 12:44 PM
no 0-13 is the 1st level for the fines.
i think it's like 1 point, and like $150-300
i dont know them too well, i dont gets fines these days, i knew the old scale very well but ;).
i dont have an australian drivers license, so i cant have points deducted...or how will that work?

auzvectra
7th April 2007, 12:46 PM
hhmm, dont know.
are you classed as licenced?
are u using ur SA licence or an international licence?
i really have no idea how that would work.

Calibrated
7th April 2007, 12:49 PM
hhmm, dont know.
are you classed as licenced?
are u using ur SA licence or an international licence?
i really have no idea how that would work.

I have SA and International License.

which i am legally allowed to use.

although i do need to get a QLD license, i just couldnt be bothered for now..lol

platypus
7th April 2007, 01:52 PM
i dont have an australian drivers license, so i cant have points deducted...or how will that work?

it will go against your SA records but normally only if they were to disqualify you, which is what they will do if you don't cough up

will also affect your clearances for customs.... (going in and out of OZ)

just pay it - won't come to you for another month...

by the way how did you buy a car without a QLD licence?

Calibrated
7th April 2007, 01:57 PM
it will go against your SA records but normally only if they were to disqualify you, which is what they will do if you don't cough up

will also affect your clearances for customs.... (going in and out of OZ)

just pay it - won't come to you for another month...

by the way how did you buy a car without a QLD licence?

well, im still not sure if it was me, as there were other cars around me, im just finding out..

i dunno how.i just bought it..

still have to go to Queensland Transport to register it....

platypus
7th April 2007, 01:59 PM
well, im still not sure if it was me, as there were other cars around me, im just finding out..

i dunno how.i just bought it..

still have to go to Queensland Transport to register it....then thats it - you'll have to get the licence before you can register it - i thought they only gave you 14 days for transfer of ownership?

Calibrated
7th April 2007, 02:18 PM
then thats it - you'll have to get the licence before you can register it - i thought they only gave you 14 days for transfer of ownership?

i was told that i can purchase on my South African Drivers license.

if that is not the case, there will be big shyte.

i only recieved my registration documents on thursday as they were posted to me...

platypus
7th April 2007, 02:44 PM
i was told that i can purchase on my South African Drivers license.

if that is not the case, there will be big shyte.

i only recieved my registration documents on thursday as they were posted to me...

you can purchase...
info is mainly here
http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home/Registration/Registration_changes/Transferring_registration/

i recently moved from NSW and couldn't even use that licence to register!!