PDA

View Full Version : 'Updated' TwinTop

MatsHolden
6th April 2007, 04:04 PM
It seems now the Twin Top has chrome bezelled head lamps rather than the black bezelling we've become accustomed to...

BLACK BEZELLING
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/MatsHolden/twintop1.jpg

CHROME BEZELLING
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/MatsHolden/twintop2.jpg

EL BURITO
6th April 2007, 04:26 PM
i read a updte on astra SRI. the sports (SRI) models keep the black but the rest get the chrome

dustbug
6th April 2007, 06:18 PM
black nicer, chrome to rice

Poogene2001
6th April 2007, 10:14 PM
Looks like they also stuck the uprated 1.8 ecotech into the CD's and CDX's and changed the alloys on the CDX and CDTi (to a double 5 spoke design).
Makes my CDX harder and harder and harder to sell!!!

MatsHolden
6th April 2007, 10:23 PM
Yeh they have put in the updated 103kw 1.8L as the standard engine now. Kind of makes the 2.2L SRi a bit of a nothing car... 7kw doesn't entitle an SRi badge for me. Unless the power of the 2.2L has been increased accordingly.

pred8r
7th April 2007, 09:47 AM
Black looked better. They did the same on the Tigra.

Red AH SRI T
8th April 2007, 05:24 PM
This is the new AH7.5 Astra's.

The TwinTops also have different Alloys.

Wraith
8th April 2007, 07:31 PM
Yulk !!! WTF are they doing ?? it's supposed to be an upgrade, more like a change just for the sake of something different - the black headlamps look heaps better !

What they should do, is introduce the Xenon headlight assemblies as used in Europe....at least as an option !

When I test drove a VXR earlier this year, I enquired about these and no one in that Holden dealership even knew what I was talking about :mad:

Mainframe_Module
8th April 2007, 07:47 PM
i dont really mind either?
*shrug*

imay
10th April 2007, 11:33 AM
Someone should donate an Opel Astra TwinTop brochure to the "import sales gurus" at Holden to show them what options/upgrades/accessories are actually available on the Euro cars. Oh, sorry! The brochures are printed in German, therefore no-one at GMH would be able to understand them!

Note to Holden: C'mon guys! Get your act together and offer a decent range of upgrades (mechanical, electrical and asthetic) to help these cars stand out in a crowd! The idea of swapping from black to chrome (or vice versa) headlights and calling it a MY upgrade, really is getting a bit sour.

Rant over . . . for now.

rjastra
10th April 2007, 01:09 PM
Have a look at the torque difference between the 1.8L and the 2.2L.
kWs aren't everything you know ;)

Apex
10th April 2007, 01:50 PM
Traditionally car makers have gone from chrome style headlights to black styled headlights on facelift models? It seems strange that they would make the updated model look older.

I think HID headlamps should have been introduced on the higher spec models as standard, it’s hardly something new, my last two vehicles had it as standard?
It sux we cant even have it as an option:mad: