PDA

View Full Version : VXR - Ultrasonic Sensors

Vectra V6
5th April 2007, 11:31 AM
As discussed in another thread, is the VXR fitted with an alarm connected to the ultrasonic sensors? I have tried to deactivate it, with no success......Wondering if the car has an alarm standard? I can't find anything in the engine bay?

GreyRex
5th April 2007, 12:41 PM
As discussed in another thread, is the VXR fitted with an alarm connected to the ultrasonic sensors? I have tried to deactivate it, with no success......Wondering if the car has an alarm standard? I can't find anything in the engine bay?

Isn't that the whole point... for it to be hard to find!! Ive been told the VXR has it standard... thats what those two little things are near the rear vision mirror. Spoke to Geebs who told me he locked the car with him inside, waited a minute or so... then moved. Then the alarm went off!! Gimmick?? Spose it's better to have it than not:)

RudeOne
5th April 2007, 01:08 PM
The button in between the sensors will turn it off - why do you want to turn it off, its not very sensitive from what i have experienced

blueraven
5th April 2007, 01:42 PM
The calibra also had these as standard, and there was a button near them to turn it off, if you wanted to say, leave your kids/pets in the car, but lock them in with the alarm on (not common here, but its common practice in some countries, like south africa.)

Vectra V6
5th April 2007, 02:46 PM
Sorry - deactivate wasn't the right word, i meant to say trigger the alarm... I have tried numerously yet have not heard an alarm. So the alarm is definately standard?

kabel
5th April 2007, 02:59 PM
Yes it is standard my sister set mine off and it is reasonably loud!

SSS_Hoon
5th April 2007, 03:09 PM
Like is aid in the other post maybe there is a button somewhere to turn it off.

I know with our car its on the pillar where the seatbelt goes to on the drivers side there is 2 buttons, One turns of the inside ultrasonic/microwave sensors the other turns off the tilt sensor for towing.

SSS_Hoon