PDA

View Full Version : VE For Europe.

Shaun
4th April 2007, 11:03 PM
Just been reading the April Wheels Magazine and found an Interesting Article about the VE Export to the Europe.

The article is on Page 20. Its about the HSV Clubsport R8 being Exported to Vauxahll as a VXR8 which has already been covered before on the forum .

The interesting part of the Article is where the Head Man for Opel Hans Demant spoke at the recent Geneva Motorshow and says he wants a V6 Petrol Short Wheel base in sedan.

The article also says as a result a RHD Calais is on its way to Opel HQ in Germany for evaluation.

Could it be the VE Commodore will be wearing an Opel Blitz very soon.

Only time will tell.

MatsHolden
4th April 2007, 11:05 PM
See my sig... Blitz looks like it belongs on a VE Calais :p

Shaun
4th April 2007, 11:22 PM
Well if Opel's MD gets his way then it will be for real. VXR8 looks good too in the pics. Vauxhall is very Swtiched on atm.

Apex
5th April 2007, 06:28 AM
See my sig... Blitz looks like it belongs on a VE Calais :p

Spooky… you must be psychic! :p

Wraith
5th April 2007, 08:25 AM
Yes, I believe that is the plan...

The VE was designed from the outset to be a Global platform, for the GM Global network of companies !

Tfer
5th April 2007, 09:17 AM

The VE was designed from the outset to be a Global platform, for the GM Global network of companies !

And good luck to them too.............. ;)

Shaun
5th April 2007, 09:32 AM

Im well aware of that it being Global platform.

I think the Calais would slot in well against the 5 Series BMW and E Class Benz.