PDA

View Full Version : Bathurst 12 Hour Astras...

digifish
4th April 2007, 11:15 AM
News on the Bathurst 12 Hour ...

http://www.holdenmotorsport.com/site/_content/image/00116195-image.gif

http://www.holdenmotorsport.com/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=66332

Green = SRi Turbo Coupe
Pink = CDTi

I wonder why no VXR?

digifish

Dee
4th April 2007, 11:16 AM
i like the green one :D

luvpsi
4th April 2007, 11:20 AM
looks like one of them is a CDTi and ones is a Sri -t :rolleyes:

digifish
4th April 2007, 11:22 AM
looks like one of them is a CDTi and ones is a Sri -t :rolleyes:

It's great to see the all-girl team. However I would have put the girls in the SRI (or better yet a VXR) and the guys in the CDTi.

digifish

MatsHolden
4th April 2007, 12:05 PM
Interesting the SRi-T has the SRi 2.2 front bar...

Wraith
4th April 2007, 01:05 PM
Interesting the SRi-T has the SRi 2.2 front bar...

Looks like they just slapped together whatever they had laying around as spare, just for this promo.

digifish
4th April 2007, 01:11 PM
Looks like they just slapped together whatever they had laying around as spare, just for this promo.

Perhaps they are expecting to lose a few bumpers, so have more standard ones spare + cheaper?

digifish

Wraith
4th April 2007, 01:12 PM
Good point, you may be right...

MatsHolden
4th April 2007, 01:13 PM
Perhaps they are expecting to lose a few bumpers, so have more standard ones spare + cheaper?

digifish

Or they've found the flatter surface of the standard bumper more aero efficient than the SRi-T bumper...

Wraith
4th April 2007, 01:17 PM
Or maybe it provides more ground clearance than the Sri t front bar...

Won't be left on the track after a big frontal suspension movement.

MatsHolden
4th April 2007, 01:26 PM
Or maybe it provides more ground clearance than the Sri t front bar...

Won't be left on the track after a big frontal suspension movement.

Don't think there's much difference mate as the 2.2 SRi gets an added lip on the bottom...

MatsHolden
4th April 2007, 01:37 PM
Also found this interesting... in the official entrant list, they are listed as an Astra VXR.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/MatsHolden/entrantlist.jpg

digifish
4th April 2007, 01:39 PM
Also found this interesting... in the official entrant list, they are listed as an Astra VXR.

Are you sure that's the Holden entry?

digifish

MatsHolden
4th April 2007, 01:41 PM
Are you sure that's the Holden entry?

digifish

Positive... see the driver listings beside... Nathan Pretty etc and the sponsor "Firepower". And also that's the only Astra in the entire list (apart from the CDTi).

digifish
4th April 2007, 01:42 PM
Positive... see the driver listings beside... Nathan Pretty etc and the sponsor "Firepower". And also that's the only Astra in the entire list (apart from the CDTi).

Yes sorry just looked it up...

http://www.bimf.com.au/documents/ClassStructure.htm

perhaps a last minute change...or they are going for stealth :)

MatsHolden
4th April 2007, 01:43 PM
Either way, going to be extremely interested to see how they go. The stealth tactic had crossed my mind... lol Might explain the non-SRi-T front bumper. It's a VXR with a 2.2 SRi body kit. lol

digifish
4th April 2007, 01:45 PM

The CDTi is garanteed to win Class 8...if they finish. :)

digifish

Shaun
4th April 2007, 02:02 PM
Interesting.. about the entry listed as a VXR Coupe.
I put this to you guys. If we think back some time ago to some pics of a Holden Astra SRi T that had the old style bars shown on the holden web site.
The car was in the country for some time. As they have changed the Specs Holden would have been Stuck with the car. Could it be possibly that a
Z20LEH has / or was already in the car and its being used at bathurst as Holden couldnt sell the car as it didnt match the Current Spec of the SRi T??
I will look round tonight for a pic of the car im refering to.

Shaun

Snotty
4th April 2007, 02:19 PM
will the race be televised by anyone?

MatsHolden
4th April 2007, 02:20 PM
Yeh this would be the one you're referring to..

http://au.carnewstoday.com/car-news/images/thumbs/lrg_article_6080-img_0.jpg

MatsHolden
4th April 2007, 02:21 PM
will the race be televised by anyone?

Yeh there's going to be a 2 hour wrap up of the race in a few weeks. On Ch9 I think.

digifish
4th April 2007, 02:24 PM
Yeh there's going to be a 2 hour wrap up of the race in a few weeks. On Ch9 I think.

...yeah, but not on the day :(

Channel 9 coverage is on 22 April

digifish

Shaun
4th April 2007, 02:26 PM
Yeh this would be the one you're referring to..

http://au.carnewstoday.com/car-news/images/thumbs/lrg_article_6080-img_0.jpg

Exactly the car im refering too.

bones
4th April 2007, 02:40 PM
You'll notice that the green car also has the SRi's 17" wheels, rather than those of the turbo or VXR. I wonder if maybe it is another car that has been prepared for something else?

Tfer
4th April 2007, 02:40 PM
Will be very interesting to see how they both perform :)

Love the pink one :D

Snotty
4th April 2007, 03:20 PM
...yeah, but not on the day :(

Channel 9 coverage is on 22 April

digifish

that sucks ass
i remember when we would get full coverage of the james hardie 12 hour races, and i'd be up before the sun to see the start

Shaun
4th April 2007, 03:35 PM
that sucks ass
i remember when we would get full coverage of the james hardie 12 hour races, and i'd be up before the sun to see the start

i Agree that it should at least get some coverage on the day. Gee there will be bugger all on TV on Sunday. I wonder if there will be any thing on fox on sunday. Im tempted to just head up early in the morning to watch the race.

MatsHolden
4th April 2007, 03:36 PM
You'll notice that the green car also has the SRi's 17" wheels, rather than those of the turbo or VXR. I wonder if maybe it is another car that has been prepared for something else?

Look like the Turbo 18's to me.

bones
4th April 2007, 04:01 PM
I dunno, when you zoom the picture up a few hundred percent, they don't seem to have the detail where the spokes meet the rim, nor do the spokes look narrow enough for the turbo's 18's. It could just be that they are turning fast and blurring the detail but it doesn't look like that to me. That said, the hub is possibly too deep for them to be SRi wheels and the tyres do look a little too low profile, so maybe it is just the photo.