PDA

View Full Version : How would these badges be on s/wheel?

mr_sikma
4th April 2007, 09:57 AM
Hey,

I am looking at other options for the steering wheel badge and seen this?

How do you think it would go?

Jase

Lt Ketch
4th April 2007, 10:17 AM
seen what?

Wraith
4th April 2007, 11:01 AM
LOL :D

Pic please :)

OPC
4th April 2007, 11:56 AM
Hey,

I am looking at other options for the steering wheel badge and seen this?

How do you think it would go?

Jase

yeah i think it will look tops... do it do it

mr_sikma
4th April 2007, 05:15 PM
here we go ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/4x-OPEL-Car-Auto-Wheel-Trims-Centre-Cap-Badge-Sticker_W0QQitemZ300097502936QQcategoryZ6782QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem

*smart arses :D

http://thmb.inkfrog.com/thumbn/vehipro/wheel-opel-tb.jpg

reedaaron
4th April 2007, 05:19 PM
looks pretty much the same as my old steering wheel badge...i reckon if they're the right size they'd do the trick..and won't come off as easily as my astra wheelcap one did :D now i have to glue it back on..

reedaaron
4th April 2007, 05:27 PM
this was the one on my old corsa b..
no longer have the car so i'm not sure on the exact size, but i paid $36 for it so 4 for $12 is a bargain :D
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s25/reedaaron23/badge.jpg

mr_sikma
4th April 2007, 05:28 PM
yeah thats what i was thinking.

i used the silver wheel trim badge and stuck it onto carbon fibre sticker. badge sticks well but sticker didnt :(

mr_sikma
4th April 2007, 05:29 PM
did it stick well?

look allright?

reedaaron
4th April 2007, 05:33 PM
the sticker i had on my corsa b stuck no worries... i got a centrecap for an astra and used the badge off that for my corsa c.. and thomas went to hit the horn the other day and it came unstuck... sticker might be a better option if its the right size..

auzvectra
4th April 2007, 06:48 PM
i used arildite on mine, it should hold, hopefully ;).

reedaaron
4th April 2007, 06:54 PM
thats what i used on mine :D
it holds normally..just when it gets bumped.. thomas thought the horn was in the same spot as the vectra..so thats how it came off.. the stickers stay on better though.. that's if its even the right size..i haven't checked yet..

auzvectra
4th April 2007, 07:00 PM
seems too big, i think it's about 50mm or even less, they are 55mm.

daaaaavek
4th April 2007, 08:56 PM
Yep .. it's too big to fit into the recessed spot (which is about 44mm in diameter). I found some that were 45mm but they were just a touch too large, and were made of thin bendy aluminium.

Alfonzo
6th April 2007, 11:56 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and be the party pooper here.

Has anyone that has actually modded their steering wheel badge given any thought as to what might happen to the thing if the airbag deploys?

Given the speed of which those things pop out of there, I'd hate to think where that little aftermarket badge might fly at, or worse, embed itself in...

Greggy
7th April 2007, 08:09 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and be the party pooper here.

Has anyone that has actually modded their steering wheel badge given any thought as to what might happen to the thing if the airbag deploys?

Given the speed of which those things pop out of there, I'd hate to think where that little aftermarket badge might fly at, or worse, embed itself in...

Pretty sure that the airbag deploys via a 'slit' underneath the centre badge - not the whole mid section of the wheel.. I know that my old F**d Focus had like a 'dotted line' where the bag deploys from which wasnt including the centre badge..

auzvectra
7th April 2007, 10:57 AM
i have thought about it actually ;).
the airbag deploys from the bottom on the astra g and similar, the 2 bottom edges rip out, and the corsa C astra H ect deploy from the center.

Alfonzo
7th April 2007, 03:46 PM
That's good, I'm glad it has been a concern. I just hate seeing people make asthetic modifications to their vehicles and not give a thought to the potential safety risks involved :)