PDA

View Full Version : Car Now Clean

BMAN
2nd April 2007, 01:02 AM
Spent the Weekend cleaning my AH SRiT.

1. Wash (2 bucket method), Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo

2. Polish, Meguiar's Deep Crystal Polish

3. Wax, 1st layer Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax Liquid

All that was done saturday evening. Let the wax cure for 12 hrs.

4. Wax, 2nd layer Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax Liquid (Sunday morning)

5. Final layer of Meguiar's Gold Class Wax (this evening just finished)

It's looking good. Almost a perfect mirrior finish:D, but while waxing found a few fine scratches :mad:.

Shaun
2nd April 2007, 01:21 AM
Any pics of the car Now Ben?

BMAN
2nd April 2007, 01:30 AM
Any pics of the car Now Ben?

Soon, when I get my sub and amps installed or maybe when I get some time later today.

nicecar
2nd April 2007, 09:33 AM
Its great doing a wash like that but takes a long time and is very tiring. Once every few years for me.

NXA-16H
2nd April 2007, 10:13 AM

It's looking good. Almost a perfect mirrior finish:D, but while waxing found a few fine scratches :mad:.

You took the works right out of my mouth Ben, quite literally.
I was actually going to post the same thing on my Zafira last night.
Look forward to seeing those pics.

NXa-16H

DEE-80Y
2nd April 2007, 03:03 PM

want to do mine Bman???
I will come to you if its easier...lol..
good job look forward to the pics

btm
2nd April 2007, 03:19 PM
almost motivated me enough to do the same to mine... well... almost :rolleyes:

BMAN
2nd April 2007, 04:39 PM
Soon, when I get my sub and amps installed or maybe when I get some time later today.

Here are the pictures.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/BMAN_SRiT/20070401/DSC00063.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/BMAN_SRiT/20070401/DSC00064.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/BMAN_SRiT/20070401/DSC00065.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/BMAN_SRiT/20070401/DSC00069.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/BMAN_SRiT/20070401/DSC00071.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/BMAN_SRiT/20070401/DSC00072.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/BMAN_SRiT/20070401/DSC00075.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/BMAN_SRiT/20070401/DSC00077.jpg

btm
2nd April 2007, 04:55 PM
very nice

daaaaavek
2nd April 2007, 05:01 PM
Holy freakin sweetness .. nice one

Apex
2nd April 2007, 08:02 PM
Nice work, polished mine on Friday night, the black sapphire really changes when you give it a good polish, almost looks purplish in bright sun light. Love the area under the side moldings behind the doors and the roofline above the rear windows they really show the shine!

One thing I have noticed is our black Astra’s don’t get the black protector strips on the B pillars that other colours have, I think they would have been good to prevent finger marks on the shinny black paint when closing the doors!

daaaaavek
15th April 2007, 07:24 PM
did you polish by hand or rotary power tool?

BMAN
15th April 2007, 08:05 PM
did you polish by hand or rotary power tool?

By hand:D but I just got the Mothers palm polisher, used it on my dad's car and its a wonder to use, very good, will be using it on my car the next wash. (did a test run on my dad's car last weekend).

http://www.ehl.co.nz/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=WA

daaaaavek
15th April 2007, 08:11 PM
Wanna rent it out? :P

BMAN
15th April 2007, 08:15 PM
Wanna rent it out? :P

How about a car wash / detail day? Then u can use it for free......or maybe bribe me with a cup of coffee or something :p

BMAN
15th April 2007, 08:20 PM
By hand:D but I just got the Mothers palm polisher, used it on my dad's car and its a wonder to use, very good, will be using it on my car the next wash. (did a test run on my dad's car last weekend).

http://www.ehl.co.nz/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=WA

Took half the time to paint clean, polish and wax a c-class sedan.

daaaaavek
15th April 2007, 08:25 PM
How about a car wash / detail day? Then u can use it for free......or maybe bribe me with a cup of coffee or something :p

Hmm not a bad idea .. don't know how much of a detail can be done in just one day though.

BMAN
15th April 2007, 08:30 PM
Hmm not a bad idea .. don't know how much of a detail can be done in just one day though.

Just the outside can be done in about 4-5 hours. Wash, paint clean or clay bar (depends on condition of paint), polish and 1 layer of wax.

daaaaavek
15th April 2007, 08:37 PM
Throw in a BBQ and Esky and you've got a good get together ;)

BMAN
15th April 2007, 08:39 PM
Throw in a BBQ and Esky and you've got a good get together ;)

The question now is where??? and when???

daaaaavek
15th April 2007, 08:43 PM
Post it on the NSW forum

BMAN
15th April 2007, 08:51 PM
Post it on the NSW forum

Done

http://nsw-opels.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10885#post10885

kaoshunter
15th April 2007, 09:09 PM
Hey what did you use for your windows??? :think:

BMAN
15th April 2007, 09:38 PM

Meguiar's NXT Window Cleaner

kaoshunter
15th April 2007, 09:40 PM
cheers thanx bman

Miker84
16th April 2007, 02:33 PM
Hey BMAN

I've got all McGuire's products and think they're great...except the clay bar!!!

Claying my car was like giving a 2yr old a toffee apple...the kid or in this case the car ended up with sticky toffee/clay all over it and it took my ages to get it off. I tried small areas at a time and followed the directions, I even watch the McGuire's tutorial video...

How the hell are you supposed to clay a car? Am I missing something??

Cheers
Miker84

Apex
16th April 2007, 02:37 PM

News paper and window cleaner works a treat!

BMAN
16th April 2007, 03:02 PM
Hey BMAN

I've got all McGuire's products and think they're great...except the clay bar!!!

Claying my car was like giving a 2yr old a toffee apple...the kid or in this case the car ended up with sticky toffee/clay all over it and it took my ages to get it off. I tried small areas at a time and followed the directions, I even watch the McGuire's tutorial video...

How the hell are you supposed to clay a car? Am I missing something??

Cheers
Miker84

Have not bought the Meguiars Quik Clay Detailing System. If its no good there must be something out there easier to use. Anyone have any suggestions on a good clay bar?

Miker84
16th April 2007, 03:39 PM
Have not bought the Meguiars Quik Clay Detailing System. If its no good there must be something out there easier to use. Anyone have any suggestions on a good clay bar?

Yeah man, I use the Meguiars Quik Clay kit - Clay Bar and Spray...this is what you use presumably...your results look great by the way!

No matter how much spray I used to lubricate the paint surface, the clay kept 'catching' on the paint and leaving behind clay smudges on the actual paintwork which I then have to clean/polish out...it was soooo frustrating!:mad:

Has this happened to anyone else? :confused:

Miker84
18th April 2007, 06:32 AM

I didn't read your post properly...you say you don't use Meguiars Quik Clay...

Which clay do you use???

BMAN
18th April 2007, 10:43 PM
I didn't read your post properly...you say you don't use Meguiars Quik Clay...

Which clay do you use???

I dont use clay at the moment. Was thinking of getting the Meguiars Quik Clay, but looks like it not easy to use.

Miker84
19th April 2007, 08:52 AM
I dont use clay at the moment. Was thinking of getting the Meguiars Quik Clay, but looks like it not easy to use.

Well, I don't know...I've seen videos of a number of different clays being used - they all seem to use the same method...looks easy...I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...

At the time when I was getting clay deposits sticking to my paintwork, It was summer and was pretty warm, AND I was using a halogen lamp above my car...I think maybe it was too warm for the clay and so it was kinda melting...the clay seemed hard enough, but the car's surface may not have been cool enough...

Anybody have experience with clay bars who can help? :confused:

JohnBu
20th April 2007, 11:52 AM
with clay..

don't bother with the spray that comes in the pack.. save it for later..

fill up a bucket with soapy warm water and dip the clay bar in there regularly..

much easier to clay and is cheaper too.

as long as you lubricate the clay bar and/or paint sufficiently claying is easy.

Miker84
20th April 2007, 11:56 AM
with clay..

don't bother with the spray that comes in the pack.. save it for later..

fill up a bucket with soapy warm water and dip the clay bar in there regularly..

much easier to clay and is cheaper too.

as long as you lubricate the clay bar and/or paint sufficiently claying is easy.

Hey - this is a great idea - simple too - don't know why I didn't think of it!

I'm gonna give this a go soon...:dance:

luvpsi
20th April 2007, 12:47 PM
Hey - this is a great idea - simple too - don't know why I didn't think of it!

I'm gonna give this a go soon...:dance:

The clay works wonders specially on cars that are a few years old:D it removes all chemical matter (paint, road grime, acid rain crap, etc...) from the clear coat and leaves it looking brand new:) i gave mine a polish with the maguires NXT generation liquid wax and the results were amazing:) the one i used is 3M clay from the GM dealer

AF1R
20th April 2007, 01:02 PM
Yeh wash the car first, rise, then using the soapy water & bubbles from ur bucket clay the car, done.

Melbourne is like dead dry right now, we now have no water left, these days i just take my car to the car wash and have the guys there hand wash my car, $15 :( , oh well.

Anyone reconmend and places in melbourne to detail my car?

Miker84
20th April 2007, 01:48 PM
Anyone recommend and places in Melbourne to detail my car?

Head to the Victoria forum and if there isn't one already start a thread about 'Good Car Washes in Melbourne'...;)

luvpsi
20th April 2007, 02:12 PM
Yeh wash the car first, rise, then using the soapy water & bubbles from ur bucket clay the car, done.

Melbourne is like dead dry right now, we now have no water left, these days i just take my car to the car wash and have the guys there hand wash my car, $15 :( , oh well.

Anyone reconmend and places in melbourne to detail my car?

in your backyard where you neighbours cant see you using the hose:D just kidding

Miker84
20th April 2007, 04:53 PM
in your backyard where you neighbours cant see you using the hose:D just kidding

Wish I could get my car into my backyard...no kidding...i'm going insane not being able to wash my car....